It has been a while since our last news summary post…sorry for that. But on the bright side: It makes this one a lot bigger than usual, so enjoy!
- first version of Bloom editor, a 3D text editor was showcased
- animationsinstitue.de showed some impressions from their Emote Messaging System, that can be used to created individual, animated short messages to share with friends
- early screenshots from the platform game Bombs&Penguins were released
- beta pictures of the ambitous game Battle Tiers Invasion were shared
- the Ogre AntTweakBar plugin TwOgre was updated to work with Linux
- metaldev updated his GUI library buttonGUI as well has as his LFA Scene Manager
- updated version of the game GraLL2 was published
- Lightwave to Ogre exporter was updated by spacegaier to work with LW 9.6 and LW 10
- teaser video of Will of Nature, a really nice school project from the Netherlands, was released
- first ingame footage from the German MMORPG Espadon Online was published
- NeoAxis game engine reached their 1.0 milestone
- Oogst finally released his long awaited game Proun, that got a great deal of buzz on the internet – dedicated post with some additional information will follow soon
In addition, there is a lot of progress with our four Google Summer of Code projects. Check the out in this subforum.
And the breaking news is: The highly acclaimed Ogre based game Torchlight went platinum as they sold more than 1 million copies. Congratulations!