Download and Setup Instructions

CaseyB

22-01-2007 19:49:50

Download

SVN Head
For Ogre 1.4 Eihort
svn co https://ogreal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnr ... eAL-Eihort OgreAL-Eihort

The easiest way to get OgreAL on Windows is to use TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/). Once you install it and restart your computer you'll see additional options in your pop-up menu when you right click. Go to the folder you want to put OgreAL into and right click and select SVN Checkout.

This will bring up a window. Use the URL from the setup post to and make sure the path is where you want OgreAL and click OK.

Everything in the OgreAL SVN repo will be downloaded to your computer!

Setup
There are a few steps to this setup, but there's nothing too difficult. I am assuming that you have Ogre installed somewhere. If you don't then you should check out either [u]Installing the SDK[/u] or [u]Building from Source[/u]. If you are building Ogre from source, skip to that section, if you are using the Ogre SDK, then read on.

Ogre SDK
  1. * First you need to go to [u]OpenAL Download Page[/u] and download the OpenAL SDK installer.
    * Run the OpenAL SDK installer. You can put it where ever you like on your system since we'll reference them later with system variables.
    * The next step is to create an environment variable called OPENAL_SDK. This should point to where ever you chose to install the SDK.
    * Next we need to download libogg and libvorbis. You can download them from the [u]xiph.org download page[/u].
    * Unzip these right next to OgreAL. I'm not sure why they do it this way, but in order to get these bad boys to build you need to rename the libogg-1.1.3 folder to ogg and the libvorbis-1.1.2 folder to vorbis. When you have all this done it should look like this:
    Develpment
    |--OgreAL
    |--ogg
    |--vorbis
    * Now go into the ogg folder and build both the release and debug builds by double clicking on the ogg/win32/ogg.dsw workspace. It'll open up in Visual Studio and you just need to build it.
    * Then do the same thing with the vorbis/win32/vorbis.dsw
    * After all that you can open the OgreAL solution and build it and it should go off without a hitch!
    *The last thing you'll need to do to run the demos is modify the Plugins.cfg in the OgreAL/Demos/bin/{Debug|Release} folders. There is a line that saysPluginFolder=Path/to/your/ogrenew/Samples/Common/bin/{Debug|Release}Modify that to point to the OgreSDK/bin/{Debug|Release} directory which is where the dll's for Ogre and its dependencies live.[/list:u]

Building Ogre from Source
    1. * First you need to go to [u]OpenAL Download Page[/u] and download the OpenAL SDK installer.
      * Run the OpenAL SDK installer. You can put it where ever you like on your system since we'll reference them later with system variables.
      * The next step is to create two environment variables.
      1. 1. OGRE_SRC - This needs to point at your ogrenew directory. If you are using the OgreSDK, you can skip this one as the Ogre installer will set up the system variables for you.
        2. OPENAL_SDK - This should point to where ever you chose to install the SDK.[/list:u]* Next we need to download libogg and libvorbis. You can download them from the [u]xiph.org download page[/u].
        * Unzip these right next to OgreAL. I'm not sure why they do it this way, but in order to get these bad boys to build you need to rename the libogg-1.1.3 folder to ogg and the libvorbis-1.1.2 folder to vorbis. When you have all this done it should look like this:
        Develpment
        |--OgreAL
        |--ogg
        |--vorbis
        * Now go into the ogg folder and build both the release and debug builds by double clicking on the ogg/win32/ogg.dsw workspace. It'll open up in Visual Studio and you just need to build it.
        * Then do the same thing with the vorbis/win32/vorbis.dsw
        * After all that you can open the OgreAL solution and build it and it should go off without a hitch!
        *The last thing you'll need to do to run the demos is modify the Plugins.cfg in the OgreAL/Demos/bin/{Debug|Release} folders. There is a line that saysPluginFolder=Path/to/your/ogrenew/Samples/Common/bin/{Debug|Release}Modify that to point to your ogrenew/Samples/Common/bin/{Release|Debug}[/list:u]

Documentation
        The API Documentation for the SVN head version of OgreAL can be found [u]HERE[/u] .

Xavier

25-03-2007 21:48:45

BTW you do know that it's OGRE_HOME that the Ogre SDK sets up, and not OGRE_SRC, correct?

CaseyB

26-03-2007 00:59:25

Yup, I have both variables in the project so that no matter which version of Ogre they use, (i.e. SDK or source) it'll point to the right path.

Xavier

26-03-2007 18:52:00

Can I recommend a binary distribution (at least for Windows) of the OgreAL build? I am reviewing a textbook chapter right now that deals with using Ogre in a small game, that also uses OgreAL, and while I can follow the dependencies pretty well, I can only imagine a novice programming student trying to unravel the whole build process. ;) I proposed providing the textbook publisher with an OgreAL build myself for use by the readers of the book, but I also wanted to suggest it here. It would just need to be a ZIP file with the import lib, DLL and headers (including those for ogg and vorbis, of course, unless you can hide those in some other header that OgreAL apps don't need to include).

Just a thought. :)

CaseyB

26-03-2007 19:21:14

:? I tried that with v0.1 and it very quickly became a nightmare. I only have access to VS 2005 and people were trying to use the 2005 dependencies with 2003 or Code::Blocks... It looks like 2003 is pretty cheap on ebay, I may pick up a copy and try again. For the book I could send them a precompiled version since it looks like they are only distributing the project files for 2005 anyway. I'll start a poll asking if it's something that people would really like.

alienskull

29-07-2007 10:10:07

i think the links are incorrect.. I believe these work:

https://ogreal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ogreal/trunk/OgreAL
https://ogreal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ogreal/trunk/OgreAL-Eihort

Grama

23-08-2007 05:19:26

i am terribly sry but when u say define a enviromental variable.... WHERE?

i know i sound completely clueless and i partly am but i have some idea wut i am doing but i am new to ogre and been reading thru the documentation and AHHH sry lol i have all the right packages i know that for sure but sry prolly a really dumb question... can u help me out :) thanks

Grama

neocryptek

25-08-2007 00:31:59

i am terribly sry but when u say define a enviromental variable.... WHERE?

i know i sound completely clueless and i partly am but i have some idea wut i am doing but i am new to ogre and been reading thru the documentation and AHHH sry lol i have all the right packages i know that for sure but sry prolly a really dumb question... can u help me out :) thanks

Grama

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519

First Google search result for "environment variable windows."

matches81

16-10-2007 14:47:16

I have an issue compiling OgreAL.
I've set up all environment variables and did the things in the installation guide here. Sadly I'm stuck at "After all that you can open the OgreAL solution and build it and it should go off without a hitch!". I get hitches :( To be more precise:

e:\coding\ogreal\src\ogreallistener.cpp(253) : error C2259: 'OgreAL::Listener' : cannot instantiate abstract class
due to following members:
'void Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor *,bool)' : is abstract
e:\coding\ogrecvs\ogrenew\ogremain\include\ogremovableobject.h(470) : see declaration of 'Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables'

The same error appears for OgreAL::Sound and some other classes that inherit from Ogre::MovableObject.
Any ideas?

PS: I'm using VS 2005 with SP1 and a pretty current CVS version of Ogre (about 2 weeks old or something like that)

FangTheProf

16-10-2007 18:08:55

I could not build OgreAL either. Here are the errors I got:
Error 3 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreMain_d.lib' OgreAL
Error 4 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OgreEventListeners.h': No such file or directory d:\software\ogre\ogreal\demos\directional_demo\listener.h 5

FangTheProf

16-10-2007 18:13:35

Can I recommend a binary distribution (at least for Windows) of the OgreAL build? I am reviewing a textbook chapter right now that deals with using Ogre in a small game, that also uses OgreAL, and while I can follow the dependencies pretty well, I can only imagine a novice programming student trying to unravel the whole build process. ;) I proposed providing the textbook publisher with an OgreAL build myself for use by the readers of the book, but I also wanted to suggest it here. It would just need to be a ZIP file with the import lib, DLL and headers (including those for ogg and vorbis, of course, unless you can hide those in some other header that OgreAL apps don't need to include).

Just a thought. :)

That's a wonderful thought! I teach an intro-level programming class in university and I don't think anyone in my class is able to complete the tricky installation process to get that small game ("PONG") to run at all. Why didn't the author just include it as part of the book? Without it, the entire chapter is useless. (Are we talking about CPPHTP?)

CaseyB

16-10-2007 19:06:17

Yeah, it's Deitel and Deitel C++: How to Program. There could have been a binary distribution with the book because they are assuming Visual Studio 2005, but in real life people use all kinds of development environments and being just one person it would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to keep up with it all. Not to mention I don't even have access to all the environments that the main Ogre team has, so I couldn't even cover all of those if I wanted to.

Ancestral

12-11-2007 07:39:20

I could compile ogg, but when I tried to compile vorbis.sln I got these errors.

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ogg_d.lib'
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vorbis_d.lib'
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ogg_d.lib'

My limited faculties have not allowed me to figure this one out.

CaseyB

12-11-2007 08:52:32

Did you remember to change the names of the folders to ogg and vorbis, instead of what they were by default?

Ancestral

12-11-2007 19:23:56

Yes, the directory structure looks like

C:\
C:\OgreSDK
C:\OgreSDK\OgreAL (I changed it from OgreAL-Eihort)
C:\OgreSDK\ogg
C:\OgreSDK\vorbis

I added all the folders in ogg that have header and library files to the VC++ directories list, and ogg_d.lib is there, but it still gives me a linker error.

CaseyB

12-11-2007 19:47:39

You shouldn't have to mess with the project settings. And the sln shouldn't be there at first, you should need to open the dsw. Maybe try loading the dsw for og and vorbis and try again. With how the projects are set up they should build without any problems if you don't change anything.

gdonald

04-04-2008 04:43:06

I have the OgreSDK installed and then I followed your install instructions. I built ogg and vorbis with no issues.

But then when I try to build OgreAL I get this:

Error 140 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' Doppler_Demo
Error 138 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' Directional_Demo
Error 135 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' Basic_Demo
Error 134 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' MultiChannel_Demo
Error 132 fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'OGREAL_EXPORT': No such file or directory c1xx
Error 99 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::xRamAccessible' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 53
Error 97 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::xRamHardware' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 52
Error 95 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::xRamAuto' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 51
Error 93 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::STREAM' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 49
Error 91 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::LOOP_STATE' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 48
Error 89 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::SOUND_FILE' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 47
Error 87 error C2491: 'Ogre::Singleton<T>::ms_Singleton' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 39
Error 79 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundFactory::FACTORY_TYPE_NAME' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogrealsound.cpp 902
Error 28 error C2491: 'OgreAL::ListenerFactory::FACTORY_TYPE_NAME' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogreallistener.cpp 239
Error 5 error C2491: 'Ogre::Singleton<T>::ms_Singleton' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogreal\src\ogreallistener.cpp 39
Error 3 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' PlayPen
Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OgreAL_d.lib' ManySources_Demo

Also, I get these warnings throughout the build:

Warning 141 The following environment variables were not found:
$(BOOST_ROOT)
$(OGRE_SRC) Project

Is boost a dependency? It's not mentioned in the instructions as a dependency like ogg and vorbis are.

My Ogre isn't installed from source, how do I work with this requirement for a $(OGRE_SRC) environment variable?

Why isn't the source available for download here?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=181825

reptor

04-04-2008 18:28:35

You need to adjust the OgreAL project configuration, inside Visual Studio.

Remove all references to BOOST_ROOT and to OGRE_SRC as a first step. I used Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and it 'choked' on the OgreAL until I had fixed some things in its configuration (at least removed the unnecessary paths).

I recall that the VS9 (meant for VS 2008) solution file didn't have any configuration for the OgreAL samples, for example. So I used the solution file for the older VS and let the VS 2008 upgrade it, then fixed the path problems.

I don't remember anymore if I did something else too to fix it. Some recent talk about it is in other threads in this forum board.

alvaro_ogre

07-04-2008 18:39:12

hello, i have this errors:

Error 1 fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo código fuente: 'OGREAL_EXPORT': No such file or directory c1xx
Error 3 error C2248: 'OgreAL::Sound::updateSound' : no se puede obtener acceso al miembro protected miembro declarado en la clase 'OgreAL::Sound' e:\proyecto\ogre\Develpment\src\OgreALSoundManager.cpp 287

why this happens???

thanks!!!

jaronimo

12-04-2008 19:19:40

i've got a similar problem as the guy above me..
did everything according to the tutorial.. ogg and vorbis compiled successfully, i set the environment variable.. but ogreAL does not compile..

1>OGREAL_EXPORT
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'OGREAL_EXPORT': No such file or directory
1>OgreALSoundManager.cpp
1>..\src\OgreALSoundManager.cpp(39) : error C2491: 'Ogre::Singleton<T>::ms_Singleton' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
1> with
1> [
1> T=OgreAL::SoundManager

EDIT:
ok, i removed the ogre_scr and boost_root, and ogreAL now compiles.
BUT i still cant get the demos to run since i get the error:
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Basic_Demo, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'Basic_Demo', configuration 'Release|Win32'
2>Compiling...
2>WIN32
2>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'WIN32': No such file or directory

alvaro_ogre

14-04-2008 19:44:56

I have corrected the errors

I use the Building Ogre from Source and what I have done is to create the enviorements variables:

ogre_src, openal_sdk and bools_root
the first an second variables should point to as said CaseyB and de bools_root should poin to where this Develpment folder

Thee Forsaken One

02-05-2008 14:09:40

I've spent ages trying to get this to compile having run into numerous errors which I've managed to fix but now I'm stuck with this:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall Ogre::WindowEventListener::~WindowEventListener(void)" (__imp_??1WindowEventListener@Ogre@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function __unwindfunclet$??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z$0 Listener.obj
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall Ogre::FrameListener::~FrameListener(void)" (__imp_??1FrameListener@Ogre@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function __unwindfunclet$??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z$0 Listener.obj
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::addWindowEventListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::WindowEventListener *)" (__imp_?addWindowEventListener@WindowEventUtilities@Ogre@@SAXPAVRenderWindow@2@PAVWindowEventListener@2@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj
Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class OIS::InputManager * __cdecl OIS::InputManager::createInputSystem(class std::multimap<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > > > > &)" (?createInputSystem@InputManager@OIS@@SAPAV12@AAV?$multimap@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@U?$less@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@2@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@@std@@@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj
Error 5 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class Ogre::Vector3 & __thiscall Ogre::Vector3::operator=(class Ogre::Vector3 const &)" (__imp_??4Vector3@Ogre@@QAEAAV01@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj
Error 6 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class Ogre::Vector3 const Ogre::Vector3::ZERO" (__imp_?ZERO@Vector3@Ogre@@2V12@B) Listener.obj
Error 7 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class Ogre::Vector3 const Ogre::Vector3::ZERO" (__imp_?ZERO@Vector3@Ogre@@2V12@B) referenced in function "public: __thiscall OgreApp::OgreApp(void)" (??0OgreApp@@QAE@XZ) OgreApp.obj
Error 8 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class Ogre::SceneNode * __thiscall Ogre::SceneNode::getParentSceneNode(void)const " (__imp_?getParentSceneNode@SceneNode@Ogre@@QBEPAV12@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj
Error 9 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall Ogre::Vector3::Vector3(void)" (__imp_??0Vector3@Ogre@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj
Error 10 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall Ogre::WindowEventListener::WindowEventListener(void)" (__imp_??0WindowEventListener@Ogre@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall DeviceListener::DeviceListener(class Ogre::RenderWindow *,class Ogre::Camera *,class Ogre::SceneManager *)" (??0DeviceListener@@QAE@PAVRenderWindow@Ogre@@PAVCamera@2@PAVSceneManager@2@@Z) Listener.obj

I actually have hundreds of these but I figure that should be enough to illustrate my problem. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this?

I'm using Visual c++ v9.0 (2008). I'm thinking it's something to do with the .dll files in Ogre but I'm not exactly sure what to do about that. Any ideas?

(Sorry about messing up the screen)

hydrawyvern

05-05-2008 23:44:33

i havent been able to compile ogreal, ive used some of the solutions already, and ive cut my errors down to this, its repeated 6 times.

im using the ogre sdk.

Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'WIN32': No such file or directory c1xx

any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thee Forsaken One

06-05-2008 01:08:15

Only thing I can think of with your problem is you're using Windows XP 64 bit edition or you're using Vista. Or you're not using Windows at all.

hydrawyvern

06-05-2008 01:11:58

ya im using vista... is that a problem??? cheers for the reply, i had over 20 errors to begin with, managed to get rid of them all except the previous mentioned........

Thee Forsaken One

06-05-2008 01:16:03

Win32 is the main windows folder for the 32 bit version of XP. Vista I believe uses 64 bits so you're never going to find the folder... You could try seeing what the Vista equivalent is of Win32 and change all the references to that to that but I might be wrong. I'm not up on that aspect of programming too much. I've only ever programmed on 32bit XP.

hydrawyvern

06-05-2008 13:40:53

my vista is 32 bit. im not sure sure which is the xp equivalent folder, ive checked with my bud google on this, hes doesnt have a definitive answer, any ideas? surely someone here has got ogreal working with vista??

many thanks for your help, forsaken.

hydrawyvern

08-05-2008 22:54:45

ok i found a workaround but it is not the best solution:

Only compile the ogreal project, not the rest of the package, in debug mode, this works fine and outputs the ogreal.dll needed........

this is all i need for my project, but when it comes to release time im going to have to use an xp machine..........

how can i compile the entire package on vista?

netsurferj

17-05-2008 08:54:09

You need to adjust the OgreAL project configuration, inside Visual Studio.

Remove all references to BOOST_ROOT and to OGRE_SRC as a first step. I used Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and it 'choked' on the OgreAL until I had fixed some things in its configuration (at least removed the unnecessary paths).

I recall that the VS9 (meant for VS 2008) solution file didn't have any configuration for the OgreAL samples, for example. So I used the solution file for the older VS and let the VS 2008 upgrade it, then fixed the path problems.

I don't remember anymore if I did something else too to fix it. Some recent talk about it is in other threads in this forum board.

Hi

I did everything I could find in all the forums, even removing these environmental vars, but I still get linking errors when compiling ogreal or the basic demo.

With the basic demo I get the following linking errors (sorry about the pasting :-) )

Linking...
1>Listener.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __thiscall OgreAL::Sound::stop(void)" (__imp_?stop@Sound@OgreAL@@QAE_NXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall DeviceListener::keyPressed(class OIS::KeyEvent const &)" (?keyPressed@DeviceListener@@UAE_NABVKeyEvent@OIS@@@Z)
1>Listener.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __thiscall OgreAL::Sound::play(void)" (__imp_?play@Sound@OgreAL@@QAE_NXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall DeviceListener::keyPressed(class OIS::KeyEvent const &)" (?keyPressed@DeviceListener@@UAE_NABVKeyEvent@OIS@@@Z)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __thiscall OgreAL::Sound::play(void)" (__imp_?play@Sound@OgreAL@@QAE_NXZ)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::SoundManager(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0SoundManager@OgreAL@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall OgreApp::OgreApp(void)" (??0OgreApp@@QAE@XZ)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual bool __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::frameStarted(struct Ogre::FrameEvent const &)" (?frameStarted@SoundManager@OgreAL@@MAE_NABUFrameEvent@Ogre@@@Z)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class OgreAL::Sound * __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::createSound(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool,bool)" (?createSound@SoundManager@OgreAL@@UAEPAVSound@2@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@0_N1@Z)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class OgreAL::Sound * __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::getSound(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)const " (?getSound@SoundManager@OgreAL@@UBEPAVSound@2@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::resumeAllSounds(void)" (?resumeAllSounds@SoundManager@OgreAL@@UAEXXZ)
1>OgreApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class OgreAL::Listener * __thiscall OgreAL::SoundManager::getListener(void)const " (?getListener@SoundManager@OgreAL@@UBEPAVListener@2@XZ)

thx

Eyenstyn

26-06-2008 10:40:02

I am quite new to OgreAL and i was having a prob compiling OgreAL. After reading the post by Jarinimo in which he stated that by removing BOOST_ROOT and OGRE_SRC, the lib files that were missing from Linker > Additional dependemncies and Genreal dependencies, OgreAL compiled :)

The only prob now is that when i try to run a demo the location of OgreMain_d.dll is not found even though i set the location to main Ogre directory debug folder. Does anyone know what the problem could be? The example Casey gives says that i should use the bin folder in the samples folder but there is no bin folder there.

stickymango

26-06-2008 13:00:59

Just copy the OgreMain[_d].dll/RenderSystem_Driect3D9[_d].dll and OIS[_d].dll to the demos/bin/realese|debug folders in the OgreAL directory and run from there, the ogre .dll's need to be in the same directory as the executable.

HTH

marsvolta

14-07-2008 20:14:00

I've tried both sticky threats instructions on how to download and build the sdk. but i can't seem to get it working.
I have the OgreSDK installed and then I followed the install instructions. I built ogg and vorbis with no problems.

But then when I try to build OgreAL I get this errors:

Error 1 error C2491: 'Ogre::Singleton<T>::ms_Singleton' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogreallistener.cpp 39
Error 24 error C2491: 'OgreAL::ListenerFactory::FACTORY_TYPE_NAME' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogreallistener.cpp 239
Error 84 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundFactory::FACTORY_TYPE_NAME' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogrealsound.cpp 902
Error 92 error C2491: 'Ogre::Singleton<T>::ms_Singleton' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 39
Error 94 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::SOUND_FILE' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 47
Error 96 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::LOOP_STATE' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 48
Error 98 error C2491: 'OgreAL::SoundManager::STREAM' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed c:\ogre\ogreal\src\ogrealsoundmanager.cpp 49

Well the list goes on. This is building OgreAL only and not the demo

Can anyone tell me what going on?

oh and might there be another easier way to install OGREAL SDK like is there a binary verson out there ?

stickymango

15-07-2008 09:38:34

I'd open the main solution file in the root and then batch build only the OgreAL projects, I've not had a problem this way...

marsvolta

15-07-2008 17:13:56

hmmm, i'm not really sure what that means. opening the solution in the root and batch build only the ogreal projects. Could i have more specific instructions?? i'm sorry kinda new at this

cheers

stickymango

15-07-2008 17:27:38

In the root of the OgreAL folder there is a couple of solution files, there's also a folder called OgreAL in which there is just the OgreAL project files, did you open this one?

Are you using VC++ express? if so, under build there is 'batch build' which brings up a dialog box, in there you can select which projects to compile, just select OgreAL release/debug and click rebuild.

Which revision of OgreAL did you download?

marsvolta

16-07-2008 08:38:38

Nope not using VC++ express i'm using VC++ 2005. And i just did a SVN checkout so i'm not too sure what revision of OgreAL it is.

Anyway i think i did just try to build the OgreAL project files only and not the demos. But i'll give it another try.thanks

Cheers

stickymango

16-07-2008 09:15:28

Well the same applies to the full edition as well as the express edition, however I'm sure there are problems with the solution/project files for the SVN version so you might want to try revision 112 then upgrade. It might just be the BOOST path problem, did you remove these?

HTH

marsvolta

16-07-2008 09:50:25

yup i'm still having the same error after the batch build.

where can i get the revision 112 and upgrade?

And what is a BOOST path problem, how do you remove this?

thanks again

cheers

stickymango

16-07-2008 10:12:02

in the Tortoise SVN menu there is an 'update to revision' option, choose that then type in 112 into the revision box.

The BOOST path problem is with the latest release and is linked to the paths specified in the project files, you only need boost if you want to make OgreAL multithreaded for streaming, however its not stable so I wouldn't advise doing that yet, therefore remove the BOOST paths from the project properties and that should cure the problem.

marsvolta

16-07-2008 10:45:12

So its project properties and then remove $(BOOST_ROOT)/lib from additional library directories?

alright after doing all this i'm down to 2 errors one from the debug build and one frome the release

Error 4 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..." OgreAL
Error 9 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\ogre\ogreAL\OgreAL\Debug\lib\Debug\OgreAL_d.dll' OgreAL
i hope i'm close
cheers

stickymango

16-07-2008 10:55:04

Have you checked the bin folder to see if the dll's have been created, that error is sometimes when copying the dll to another folder after compiling, in other words the library compiled fine.

marsvolta

16-07-2008 11:38:36

i think they are fine i tired building the the solution with the demos and all seven build fine. And i think the dlls were created in the lib/debug and release.

However the demos do not run fine as they have problems locating any type of ogre dlls.

And this can be done without removing BOOST paths, should i still remove it?

however when i tried to build another solution which requires ogreAL it produces linker errors and missing dlls. Perhaps the project is not setup for ogreAL or did the library not compile fine? what is nessary to properly setup a new project with ogreAL?

marsvolta

16-07-2008 12:21:17

I already tried doing that and it doesn't work. grrr anyother solutions ?

cheers

manowar

16-07-2008 14:42:31

I have just compiled OgreAL again and it is working fine. However I had to tweak a few things. If you run the examples from visual studio, you have to change the working directory in the debugging settings. I set mine to $(SolutionDir)Demos/bin/$(ConfigurationName) for example.

Also the ogre dlls (OgreMain.dll...) are not included with OgreAL. You have to get them yourself, you can copy them in the folder with the demos if you want and update the Plugins.cfg.

I hope it helps

sphere

20-07-2008 09:09:36

Hi all,

I've gotten OGG to compile using VC 2005 Express SP1, and I can get the vorbos projects to compile but I get errors at the linking stage:

1>Linking...
1> Creating library D:\Ogre\OgreSource\vorbis\win32\VS2005\libvorbis\Debug/libvorbis.lib and object D:\Ogre\OgreSource\vorbis\win32\VS2005\libvorbis\Debug/libvorbis.exp
1>analysis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytes referenced in function _vorbis_analysis
1>bitrate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytes
1>info.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_bytes
1>analysis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_get_buffer referenced in function _vorbis_analysis
1>bitrate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oggpack_get_buffer

(There's quite a few more, but these are enough of an example.)

I'm using the project found in: vorbis\win32\VS2005\libvorbis (I've tried the others in the VS2005 dir, but get the same linking issue). I've also added the additional lib dirs to what was built by OGG (ogg\win32\VS2003\libogg\Debug and \Release as appropriate), so I'm not sure what else it's looking for (I even re-built OGG to make sure, but no luck.)

leonardoaraujo.santos

01-09-2008 05:41:25

Hi guys I´ve sucessfully compiled the 112 Revision and sucessfully run the Demos but after some time the sound just stops and the application crash...

It seems that when the sound reloads it crashes

Is there some revision that has solved this bug?

stickymango

03-09-2008 10:25:17

I don't think there is any revision with this bug fixed, and as there is no active development currently, I can only suggest debugging and attempting to fix it yourself, or check out another library. If you head over to the main OGRE forum I've just released a new audio library which may be of use..

irado

13-09-2008 15:01:46

Any idea of when the ogreAL will support Ogre 1.6?

thanks

stickymango

13-09-2008 16:26:15

never? :?

Theres no one updating this library anymore, it would be easy to make it compatible but there are other issues that need fixing first!

irado

15-09-2008 12:36:21

When i try compile OgreAL with ogre 1.6, show the messages of error:

..\src\OgreALSound.cpp(938) : error C2259: 'OgreAL::Sound' : cannot instantiate abstract class
1> due to following members:
1> 'void Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor *,bool)' : is abstract
1> c:\ogresdk\include\OgreMovableObject.h(484) : see declaration of 'Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables'

stickymango

15-09-2008 12:39:24

Yes, thats what you need to define in order to make it shoggoth compatible, read the porting notes on the OGRE website for more info, basically any class which inherits from MovableObject NEEDS that function definition adding to compile.

irado

15-09-2008 13:13:51

So sorry, but i dont know how I will do it. :(

stickymango

15-09-2008 14:00:15

Then I'd suggest you do a bit of reading up on C++/general programming if you want to get this working, you'll have to do it yourself if you want to use OgreAL for now.

If your looking for a ready made library then check out my OgreOggSound library which is alredy shoggoth compatible, I need testers to iron out bugs...

irado

15-09-2008 14:39:40

Ok, i will test you project, this use on few of OgreAL?

Congratutalions for your initiative.

thanks

irado

15-09-2008 19:23:07

I must download all boost for use OgreOggSound? The boost is very big. :(

stickymango

15-09-2008 19:32:34

No, you only need boost threads, did you not already do this for OgreAL?

irado

15-09-2008 19:35:02

No, with OgreAL i never use boost.

stickymango

15-09-2008 20:20:12

well you don't have to use it, I'd recommend it, but you don't have to. You'll need to change the #define OGGSOUND_THREADED to 0 in OgreOggSoundPreReqs.h. Also remove any references to $(BOOST_ROOT) in the project properties and you should be ok to compile without mulit-thread support.

irado

15-09-2008 22:02:54

Ok, i do the change that you say, then when i build the project OgreOggSound happen the error:

.\src\OgreOggSoundManager.cpp(1692) : error C2039: 'updateAudioBuffers' : is not a member of 'OgreOggSound::OgreOggISound'
1> c:\ogresdk\ogreoggsound\include\OgreOggISound.h(64) : see declaration of 'OgreOggSound::OgreOggISound'

So, the OgreAL is "dead" into, the name of the forum must be change for OgreOggSound.

stickymango

15-09-2008 22:56:03

If your using the SVN version then download the latest version and this will be fixed, otherwise change this in OgreOggSoundManager: void OgreOggSoundManager::update(Ogre::Real fTime)
{
ActiveList::iterator i = mActiveSounds.begin();
while( i != mActiveSounds.end())
{
(*i)->update(fTime);
#if ( OGGSOUND_THREADED==0 )
(*i)->updateAudioBuffers();
#endif
i++;
}

_reactivateQueuedSounds();

mListener->update();
}

to this: void OgreOggSoundManager::update(Ogre::Real fTime)
{
ActiveList::iterator i = mActiveSounds.begin();
while( i != mActiveSounds.end())
{
(*i)->update(fTime);
#if ( OGGSOUND_THREADED==0 )
(*i)->_updateAudioBuffers();
#endif
i++;
}

_reactivateQueuedSounds();

mListener->update();
}

As for the forum, yes, it appears to be dead at the moment but this isn't connected to OgreAL so the name shouldn't be changed, if a forum for OgreOggSound is desired then I'll look at setting it up...

irado

16-09-2008 12:31:51

Thanks,

I build the OgreOggSound and TestDemo, but when i run the TestDemo the application close unexpectedly. The Ogre's log is:

08:24:55: Parsing script OgreDebugPanel.overlay
08:24:55: Texture: New_Ogre_Border_Center.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1) with 8 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1.
08:24:55: Texture: New_Ogre_Border.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 8 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
08:24:55: Texture: New_Ogre_Border_Break.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
08:24:56: Font BlueHighwayusing texture size 512x512
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 127 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 128 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 129 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 130 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 131 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 132 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 133 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 134 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 135 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 136 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 137 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 138 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 139 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 140 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 141 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 142 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 143 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 144 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 145 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 146 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 147 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 148 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 149 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 150 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 151 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 152 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 153 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 154 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 155 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 156 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 157 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 158 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 159 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font BlueHighway
08:24:56: Texture: BlueHighwayTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1.
08:24:56: Texture: ogretext.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1) with 8 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1.
08:24:56: Parsing script OgreLoadingPanel.overlay
08:24:56: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Bootstrap
08:24:56: Parsing scripts for resource group General
08:24:56: Parsing script Ogre.material
08:24:56: Parsing script Ogremesh.material

Any idea what of the problem?

stickymango

16-09-2008 12:39:24

No, looks like a problem with your resources, it works fine here. Just debug to find out what the problem is.

irado

17-09-2008 14:07:22

Thanks for you help, i play one music in my program using the OgreOggSound. I think strange because of the TestDemo dont run...

Thanks

Lolicious

27-09-2008 11:44:46

To compile OgreAL rev 115 with Ogre 1.6 you must change a few lines in the OgreAL headers because the author hasn't update for a few months, the #ifdef guard still check for 1.5 instead of 1.6

OgreALSound.h line 310 and OgreALListener.h line 143
From
#if(OGRE_VERSION_MAJOR == 1 && OGRE_VERSION_MINOR == 5)
To
#if(OGRE_VERSION_MAJOR == 1 && OGRE_VERSION_MINOR == 6)

I successfully compile OgreAL and demos but I haven't test any of it yet.
I might post again if problems came up.

EDIT 1 : OK, I made a mistake. I linked OgreAL to Ogre 1.4 the first time so the demos could been built. After I linked it to Ogre 1.6, it appear that demos use one of the deprecated function that were removed in 1.6. Fortunately, OgreAL compiled fine.

jamran7

23-03-2009 13:56:13

I had this problem also when use Visual C++ 2005 Express Ed.:
error C2248: 'OgreAL::Sound::updateSound' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'OgreAL::Sound'

I solved it by moving the declaration line:
virtual bool updateSound();
from the protected section to the public section in OgreALSound.h.
I don't know if this will still work yet, but it did compile and link.

azrialelf

25-01-2011 05:31:36

I'd really like to use OgreAL in my iPhone game since OpenAL is one of the few supported sound libs in iOS.
Any chance for an iOS friendly release? Or even an Xcode friendly release?

parantox

19-01-2012 22:38:04

Hey guys, I am new to Ogre3D and OgreAL and I too have a problem with building the OgreAL solution.

I am using Visual Studio 2010. The errors I'm getting is that it cannot find some header files, namely "OgreCamera.h", "OgreString.h", "Ogre.h".

I've followed all other steps properly, setting the environment variable to point to the folder where the SDK contents are, building ogg and vorbis solutions.

Is there any chance the problem occurs because the solution files need to be converted to Visual Studio 2010? I am getting this red circle with an exclamation mark after the conversion, on the file icon.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

ekow

01-02-2012 09:43:59

Hey guys, I am new to Ogre3D and OgreAL and I too have a problem with building the OgreAL solution.

I am using Visual Studio 2010. The errors I'm getting is that it cannot find some header files, namely "OgreCamera.h", "OgreString.h", "Ogre.h".

I've followed all other steps properly, setting the environment variable to point to the folder where the SDK contents are, building ogg and vorbis solutions.

Is there any chance the problem occurs because the solution files need to be converted to Visual Studio 2010? I am getting this red circle with an exclamation mark after the conversion, on the file icon.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

try to change addition include directories that contain those files
in my case, i changed from $(OGRE_HOME)/include to $(OGRE_HOME)/include/OGRE

Laubstein

03-01-2013 01:36:20

After spending a few hours trying to build OgreAL I finally did it.

I will write my steps here to help somebody which might be having troubles to generate the dll.
It is a guide to noobs like me :)

I am using VS2010, so all the builds will go against it.
Ps: I am using OGRESDK 1.8.1 (I love those warnings)

Just follow the first steps until we reach the time to compile vorbis and oggs.

@CaseyB tells to get the following directory structures

Develpment
|--OgreAL
|--ogg
|--vorbis

but in fact Let's change it a bit to:

Develpment
|--OgreAL
|--libogg
|--libvorbis

Open the .sln in libogg\win32\VS2010\libogg_dynamic.sln and rebuild it (Debug and Release).
Go to the following folders to check whether the libogg.lib and libogg.dll are in both of the folders.
- libogg\win32\VS2010\Win32\Debug
- libogg\win32\VS2010\Win32\Release

Now Open the .sln in libvorbis\win32\VS2010\vorbis_dynamic.sln and rebuild it (Debug and Release). We changed the folders' name because this project is configured to back some folders and enter in a folder called libogg (we renamed libvorbis just for fun).
Go to the following folders to check whether the libvorbis.dll, libvorbis.lib, libvorbisfile.dll and libvorbisfile.lib were generated.
- libogg\win32\VS2010\Win32\Debug
- libogg\win32\VS2010\Win32\Release

Open the sln in OgreAL\OgreAL.sln. Rick click on the OgreAL project (not the solution or the demos) and Properties. Now Let's choose All Configurations in the drop down.
Expand C/C++ -> General. Let's edit the Additional Include Directories.

Change it:

$(OGRE_SRC)/OgreMain/include
$(OGRE_HOME)/include
$(OPENAL_SDK)/include
../include
../../ogg/include
../../vorbis/include
$(BOOST_ROOT)

To:

$(OGRE_HOME)\include
$(OGRE_HOME)\include\OGRE
$(OPENAL_SDK)/include
../include
.../../libogg/include
../../libvorbis/include
$(OGRE_HOME)\boost

Done Let's click in Linker -> General. Let's edit the Additional Library Dependencies.

Change it:

$(OGRE_HOME)/lib
$(OPENAL_SDK)/libs/Win32
$(BOOST_ROOT)/lib
../../ogg/win32/Static_$(Configuration)
../../vorbis/win32/Vorbis_Static_$(Configuration)
../../vorbis/win32/VorbisFile_Static_$(Configuration)

To:

$(OGRE_HOME)\lib\$(Configuration)
$(OPENAL_SDK)/libs/Win32
$(OGRE_HOME)\boost\lib
D:\AudioLibs\libvorbis\win32\VS2010\Win32\$(Configuration) <- It is my path you must change to fit yours or be smart and create an enviroment variable and replace Win32 to $(Platform)
D:\AudioLibs\libogg\win32\VS2010\Win32\$(Configuration) <- The same goes here.

Now go to Linker -> Input. Let's edit the Additional Dependencies.

Change it:

OgreMain_d.lib
OpenAL32.lib
vorbis_static_d.lib
vorbisfile_static_d.lib
ogg_static_d.lib

To:

OgreMain.lib
OpenAL32.lib
libvorbis.lib
libvorbisfile.lib
libogg.lib

Now change the Configuration to Debug and come back to the input dependencies and change only
OgreMain.lib to OgreMain_d.lib.

Apply the changes (please do it). Compile and done!

Ps: In Debug mode while building an error will show telling that was not possible to copy a dll. Don't worry it is an instruction in "Post build events" that is trying to copy a dll
with a wrong name to the Demos folder... ><

Now go to:
OgreAL\lib\Release it must contains OgreAL.dll and OgreAL.lib
in OgreAL\lib\Debug it must contains OgreALd.lib and OgreAL_d.dll.

Now you can use OgreAL in your application. To make the demos work you must do the same to the others projects.

Don't forget that your project will need all the following dlls to work:

OgreALd.dll
libvorbis.dll
libvorbisfile.dll
libogg.dll

Cya!

Honas

22-01-2013 21:40:36

SVN requires me to authenticate with a user name and a password. What's up with that?!

Laubstein

22-01-2013 23:52:35

Strange... :p
What happens when you click on this url: https://ogreal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnr ... eAL-Eihort
Can you see the folders or it prompt an authentication window?
I am on windows using TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 and I did not have any problem.