Compiling on Ubuntu. Some OpenAL configure errors.

ArtHure

01-12-2007 19:13:00

Hello there.

I just wanted to compile ogreal. I followed every step in that compiling guide which is for windows. But I thought the sequence is the same.

But after installing openal, freeglut, libogg and libvorbis, I get errors when I try to configure OgreAL.

checking for OPENAL... configure: error: Package requirements (freealut) were not met:

Package @requirements@ was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `@requirements@.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package '@requirements@', required by 'OpenAL', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables OPENAL_CFLAGS
and OPENAL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I have to say that I'm new to this linux stuff. So please be patient, if this is a dumb question. ^^

ciao Arthure

libolt

01-12-2007 19:26:32

Arthure.

Make sure you install the libalut-dev and libopenal-dev packages. That should fix the error you're getting.

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 19:29:38

Thanks. I just checked. They should be installed. Also Synaptic tells me that version 1.1 is installed correctly. OpenAL is installed with version 0.0.8.

libolt

01-12-2007 20:17:22

Did you run ./bootstrap before running ./configure?

ArtHure

01-12-2007 20:19:59

Yes I did. I think I had to, because otherwise I couldn't run ./configure.
Maybe I should go the alternative way, with setting the global variables.
But I don't know how and to which value or path.

libolt

01-12-2007 20:29:33

Could you paste the full output of your ./configure run?

I'm attempting to patch a few things related to building on linux. The main one being that the demos don't link against libOIS.

I am running Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbons and have no trouble getting the configure script to find my OpenAL install so I'm curious as to why it fails for you.

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 20:31:43

That's my output:

$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for f77... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for cf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for f90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pghpf... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for g95... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for ftn... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for OGRE... yes
checking for VORBIS... yes
checking for OPENAL... configure: error: Package requirements (freealut) were not met:

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 too.

libolt

01-12-2007 20:43:19

Okay,

What's the output of:

pkg-config --cflags --libs freealut openal

I get:

-lalut -lopenal

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 20:47:20

How do I fix that?

libolt

01-12-2007 20:54:35

It sounds like it's not finding openal.pc or freealut.pc. What you need to do is look in /usr/lib/pkgconfig and see if those two files exist there. If you've the installed libopenal-dev and libalut-dev packages they will be there. I have them on 3 separate Ubuntu 7.10 systems.

If you have the dev packages installed and the .pc files aren't where they're supposed to be then try removing those packages and reinstalling them.

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 20:59:07

I can find both .pc files in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.
That's weird. Maybe @requirements@ is not setted correctly.

libolt

01-12-2007 21:29:49

That is baffling.

If I remove my libalut-dev and libopenal-dev configure barfs with the following which is different from how yours dies:

No package 'freealut' found

Try running this instead of a plain ./configure:

OPENAL_CFLAGS="-I/usr/incclude" OPENAL_LIBS="-lalut -lopenal" ./configure

It's not an ideal solution but should hopefully work.

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 21:34:28

Oh. Thank you. That worked. I mean ./configure doesn't complain anymore, but instead I get errors when doing "make".

make[2]: *** [Basic] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

libolt

01-12-2007 21:39:58

Can you please post more of the output from where it fails? That doesn't tell us exactly what caused make to bail out.

Thanks,

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 21:48:49

Sorry. For sure that's not much information. :oops:

$ make
Making all in include
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/include'
make all-am
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/include'
make[2]: Für das Ziel »all-am« ist nichts zu tun.
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/include'
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/include'
Making all in src
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src'
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALListener.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALListener.Tpo" -c -o OgreALListener.lo OgreALListener.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALListener.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALListener.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALListener.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
mkdir .libs
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALListener.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALListener.Tpo -c OgreALListener.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALListener.o
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALOggSound.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALOggSound.Tpo" -c -o OgreALOggSound.lo OgreALOggSound.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALOggSound.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALOggSound.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALOggSound.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALOggSound.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALOggSound.Tpo -c OgreALOggSound.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALOggSound.o
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALSound.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALSound.Tpo" -c -o OgreALSound.lo OgreALSound.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALSound.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALSound.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALSound.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALSound.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALSound.Tpo -c OgreALSound.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALSound.o
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALSoundManager.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALSoundManager.Tpo" -c -o OgreALSoundManager.lo OgreALSoundManager.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALSoundManager.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALSoundManager.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALSoundManager.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALSoundManager.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALSoundManager.Tpo -c OgreALSoundManager.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALSoundManager.o
OgreALSoundManager.cpp: In static member function 'static Ogre::StringVector OgreAL::SoundManager::getDeviceList()':
OgreALSoundManager.cpp:264: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALWavSound.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALWavSound.Tpo" -c -o OgreALWavSound.lo OgreALWavSound.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALWavSound.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALWavSound.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALWavSound.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALWavSound.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALWavSound.Tpo -c OgreALWavSound.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALWavSound.o
if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALException.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreALException.Tpo" -c -o OgreALException.lo OgreALException.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreALException.Tpo" ".deps/OgreALException.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreALException.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -DOGRE_AL_EXPORT -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreALException.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreALException.Tpo -c OgreALException.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreALException.o
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -g -O2 -o libOgreAL.la -rpath /usr/local/lib OgreALListener.lo OgreALOggSound.lo OgreALSound.lo OgreALSoundManager.lo OgreALWavSound.lo OgreALException.lo -L/usr/local/lib -lOgreMain -L/usr/local/lib -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lm -logg -lalut -lopenal
g++ -shared -nostdlib /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/../../../../lib/crti.o /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/crtbeginS.o .libs/OgreALListener.o .libs/OgreALOggSound.o .libs/OgreALSound.o .libs/OgreALSoundManager.o .libs/OgreALWavSound.o .libs/OgreALException.o -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libOgreMain.so /usr/local/lib/libvorbisfile.so /usr/local/lib/libvorbis.so /usr/local/lib/libogg.so /usr/local/lib/libalut.so /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so -L/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3 -L/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/../../../../lib -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/../lib -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/crtendS.o /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/../../../../lib/crtn.o -Wl,-soname -Wl,libOgreAL.so.0 -o .libs/libOgreAL.so.0.0.0
(cd .libs && rm -f libOgreAL.so.0 && ln -s libOgreAL.so.0.0.0 libOgreAL.so.0)
(cd .libs && rm -f libOgreAL.so && ln -s libOgreAL.so.0.0.0 libOgreAL.so)
creating libOgreAL.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libOgreAL.la && ln -s ../libOgreAL.la libOgreAL.la)
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src'
Making all in Demos
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos'
Making all in bin
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
make[2]: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
Making all in Basic_Demo
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT Listener.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Listener.Tpo" -c -o Listener.o Listener.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/Listener.Tpo" ".deps/Listener.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/Listener.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/main.Tpo" -c -o main.o main.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/main.Tpo" ".deps/main.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/main.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -DOGRE_GUI_gtk -DOGRE_CONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT OgreApp.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/OgreApp.Tpo" -c -o OgreApp.o OgreApp.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/OgreApp.Tpo" ".deps/OgreApp.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/OgreApp.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
OgreApp.cpp:131:2: Warnung: Kein Newline am Dateiende
/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -g -O2 -o Basic -L../../src Listener.o main.o OgreApp.o -lOgreAL
mkdir .libs
g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/Basic Listener.o main.o OgreApp.o -L/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src /home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src/.libs/libOgreAL.so
Listener.o: In function `DeviceListener::windowClosed(Ogre::RenderWindow*)':
/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo/Listener.cpp:77: undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::destroyInputSystem(OIS::InputManager*)'
Listener.o: In function `DeviceListener':
/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo/Listener.cpp:34: undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::createInputSystem(std::multimap<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >&)'
/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo/Listener.cpp:34: undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::createInputSystem(std::multimap<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Basic] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/Basic_Demo'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

libolt

01-12-2007 21:56:33

Okay this is the issue where libOIS isn't being linked in by any of the demos. I submitted a patch for this earlier, see the topic 'Autotools patches'.

However the quick fix (and you will have to do this for each Demo Directory) is to modify the Basic_Demo/Makefile as follows:

Add this to the line below: -lOIS

Basic_LDADD = -lOgreAL

So that it reads:

Basic_LDADD = -lOgreAL -lOIS

You will have to repeat this for all of the other demos. Wherever you find: '-lOgreAL' add a '-lOIS' after it.

Mike

ArtHure

01-12-2007 22:29:15

Alright. Got make doing everthing without errors, but make install doesn't work now,

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
/usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
during execution
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
during linking
- use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
- have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
make[2]: Für das Ziel »install-data-am« ist nichts zu tun.
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src'
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/src'
Making install in Demos
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos'
Making install in bin
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
make[3]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
make[3]: Für das Ziel »install-exec-am« ist nichts zu tun.
for i in plugins.cfg resources.cfg ; do \
sed -e "s,@OGRE_PLUGINDIR\@,/usr/local/lib/OGRE,g" -e "s,@OGREAL_MEDIADIR\@,../../Demos/Media,g" ./$i.in > $i.tmp && \
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i.tmp $i && \
rm -f $i.tmp; \
done
sed: kann ./plugins.cfg.in nicht lesen: No such file or directory
sed: kann ./resources.cfg.in nicht lesen: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [install-data-local] Fehler 2
make[3]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
make[2]: *** [install-am] Fehler 2
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/arthur/Projects/OgreAL/OgreAL/Demos/bin'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1

Looks like cfg-files could not be read.
But there shouldn't be such files in base directory?

libolt

01-12-2007 22:52:09

I ran into this issue as well. Here's how to fix it:

in Demos/bin create a file called plugins.cfg.in with the following contents:

# Defines plugins to load

# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=@OGRE_PLUGINDIR@

# Define plugins
#Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9_d
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL

Now create a file called resources.cfg.in with the following contents:

# Resource locations to be added to the default path
[General]
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Audio
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Gui
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Materials/Scripts
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Materials/Textures
FileSystem=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Models
Zip=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Materials/Textures/cubemapsJS.zip
Zip=@OGREAL_MEDIADIR@/Materials/bguires.zip

This will allow for the creation of resources.cfg and plugins.cfg with the appropriate settings.

You should now be able to run make install. It will copy the demos into Demos/bin where the created plugins.cfg and resources.cfg reside.

However the demos may crash on you. They do for me with the following:

*-*-* OgreAL Initialization
MovableObjectFactory for type 'OgreAL_Sound' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'OgreAL_Listener' registered.
*-*-* Creating OpenAL
OpenAL Devices
--------------
OGRE EXCEPTION(40961:): Failed to open Device: OpenAL Error: The specified source name is not valid in initializeDevice
An exception has occured: OGRE EXCEPTION(40961:): Failed to open Device: OpenAL Error: The specified source name is not valid in initializeDevice
OGRE EXCEPTION(40961:): Failed to open Device: OpenAL Error: The specified source name is not valid in initializeDevice

I hope this helps.

Mike