Exception thrown when I have more than one Sound

taz0k

04-10-2008 16:12:49

Hello

I really could use some help. In my game I have a number of people. On each person is a scenenode and I create & attach a Sound object loaded with one specific wav file (sound.wav). The Sound is intended to play when a person throws a ball (which they do at random intervals).

When I only have one person (person1) in the world, it is possible to hear the Sound when it's "play" method is called. However when I add another person (person2), two things happen:

1) I can not hear anything when person2's Sound's "play" method is called.
2) The game crashes with the following exception when person1's sound's play method is called.

OGRE EXCEPTION(40963:): Could not load buffer data: OpenAL Error: The value pointer given is not valid in OgreAL::WavSound::loadBuffers

Please help. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you for your time.

taz0k

18-11-2008 01:05:48

I have still not managed to solve the problem.
When I set all sound to loop my program miraculously works and doe not give any error message, but when all sounds are set to not loop the error message comes up.

What's the difference between looping and non-looping sounds (except that looping sounds loop)? There must be something to explain the situation I have.

kelly7898

23-03-2010 10:07:26

Hello

I really could use some help. In my game I have a number of people. On each person is a scenenode and I create & attach a Sound object loaded with one specific wav file (sound.wav). The Sound is intended to play when a person throws a ball (which they do at random intervals).

When I only have one person (person1) in the world, it is possible to hear the Sound when it's "play" method is called. However when I add another person (person2), two things happen:

1) I can not hear anything when person2's Sound's "play" method is called.
2) The game crashes with the following exception when person1's sound's play method is called.

OGRE EXCEPTION(40963:): Could not load buffer data: OpenAL Error: The value pointer given is not valid in OgreAL::WavSound::loadBuffers

Please help. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Phobius

05-06-2010 05:43:05

I really have very little to go on here. Sorry, mate. Is there any chance I can get a stack trace of the exception? Also, if you can produce a small testcase that demonstrates the issue, that'd help heaps. Thanks.