[SOLVED] Compile OgreBullet on Ubuntu 12.04

handuel

09-02-2013 14:31:39

After running autogen and then configure, I attempted to run make, however I got this error:
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -pthread -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -I/usr/local/include/bullet -I../include -g -O2 -MT OgreBulletCollisionsRay.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreBulletCollisionsRay.Tpo -c OgreBulletCollisionsRay.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreBulletCollisionsRay.o
OgreBulletCollisionsRay.cpp: In member function 'OgreBulletCollisions::Object* OgreBulletCollisions::CollisionClosestRayResultCallback::getCollidedObject() const':
OgreBulletCollisionsRay.cpp:87:132: error: invalid conversion from 'const btCollisionObject*' to 'btCollisionObject*' [-fpermissive]
../include/OgreBulletCollisionsWorld.h:61:17: error: initializing argument 1 of 'OgreBulletCollisions::Object* OgreBulletCollisions::CollisionsWorld::findObject(btCollisionObject*) const' [-fpermissive]
make[3]: *** [OgreBulletCollisionsRay.lo] Error 1
I am using ogrebullet rev 2986, and bullet rev 2613 (ver 2.81). My ogre version is 1-8-1

handuel

09-02-2013 14:59:37

I stupidly didn't look down the forums before posting this. I was able to fix it by applying the changes to the files that Laubstein suggests in this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29784 Although it says "on windows" the updates to the source fix it on every platform, I will leave this post for the benefit of people that come searching for how to compile it, and don't find Laubstein's post.

AlexeyKnyshev

17-02-2013 06:32:30

This topic http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29846 is about patched ogrebullet for building with latest stable bullet release. Maybe you can have some problems with building it, so feel free to ask me about it. You are welcome.

P.S. I'm using Ubuntu as you and ogrebullet works there like a charm.