Creating a project with Ogrebullet support on Ubuntu

iamhero

07-03-2013 22:08:41

Hi I am trying to create a game with some physics in it.

I downloaded and installed Bullet and OgreBullet(Successfully).

But I am now in that wierd place of "I don't know what to do now"
You see i am using Ubuntu 12.04, i have done the Ogre Framework tutorials and know how that works, but i have no idea how to
integrate Ogrebullet into one of those frameworks and get a working project with physics in it.

I looked at the Demos and the tutorial on the wiki page, but I have no idea how to build a project from that.Most of the tutorials deal
with Windows and I don't understand how to build a project from the information provided

How do I link the libraries? I used CMakeLists.txt to build and create an Ogre project. Do I do the same for the OgreBullet?
If so then how to I link the libraries and where do I find FindBullet.cmake and FindOgreBullet modules

Could you shower me with your expertise and help "a not so distant in the near future friend" along this dark and lonesome road?
I will really appreciate any tutorial or steps I could take to create a project(even just the start up to get me going) with OgreBullet.
your help will be appreciated

Thanks

iamhero

08-03-2013 21:27:26

This website helped me get the demos running on Ubuntu

http://jeremy.fix.free.fr/spip.php?article49

Read the article do what it says and I modified my CMakeLists.txt a little bit, i will post back as soon as I test it with a custom project
But if you get the LibOgreMain.so.1.7.4 error (simply delete this if you are using Ogre1.8.1 from /usr/bin/lb)
otherwise everything should work just fine.

Just for future reference I will be learning how to make CMake files.
Goodluck

iamhero

08-03-2013 21:58:04

success(the way i did it will be appended hopefully as soon as it is approved because it contains a link to a webpage)) but in case you were wondering..

tar -zxvf OgreBulletDemos.tar.gz
cd OgreBullet/Dynamic_Demos
cd build
cmake .. -G"Unix Makefiles"
make
cd src
./mainDemo

AlexeyKnyshev

09-03-2013 13:20:10

success(the way i did it will be appended hopefully as soon as it is approved because it contains a link to a webpage)) but in case you were wondering..

tar -zxvf OgreBulletDemos.tar.gz
cd OgreBullet/Dynamic_Demos
cd build
cmake .. -G"Unix Makefiles"
make
cd src
./mainDemo

Where did you get OgreBullet with CMake build system? Do you need help in integration Ogre and Bullet physics?