Bullet Collision shape for a child node ?

gaz99

23-02-2014 19:04:10

Hi I'm trying to create a collision shape for my child nodes but i can't seem to get it to work. If i don't add any bullet code for the child nodes they appear in the correct position but as soon as i apply bullet code the bullet collision shape is in the correct place but the entity is not.

I have a machine class which holds a vector of moles. First the machine is positioned, scaled and rotated
sceneNode->translate(position);
sceneNode->scale(2,2,2);
sceneNode->yaw(Ogre::Degree(rotation));

Then for each mole i create a new entity and child node from the machine node and then set up the bullet collision shape
count++;
entity = sceneMgr->createEntity("mole"+std::to_string(count), "mole.mesh");
this->sceneNode = parentNode->createChildSceneNode("moleNode"+std::to_string(count));

sceneNode->attachObject(entity);
sceneNode->setPosition(position);

//set up bullet .. if i dont do this the entity is in the correct position
Ogre::Vector3 scale = sceneNode->getScale();

sceneNode->setScale(sceneNode->getParentSceneNode()->getScale());

BtOgre::StaticMeshToShapeConverter converter(entity);
collShape = converter.createTrimesh();

btScalar mass(1);
btVector3 localInertia(0, 0, 0);
collShape->calculateLocalInertia(mass,localInertia);

BtOgre::RigidBodyState* myMotionState = new BtOgre::RigidBodyState(sceneNode,btTransform(btQuaternion(0,0,0,1),BtOgre::Convert::toBullet(sceneNode->_getDerivedPosition())));

btRigidBody::btRigidBodyConstructionInfo rbInfo(mass,myMotionState,collShape,localInertia);
rigidBody = new btRigidBody(rbInfo);

rigidBody->setActivationState(DISABLE_DEACTIVATION);
rigidBody->setGravity(btVector3(0, 0, 0));
rigidBody->setLinearFactor(btVector3(0, 0, 0));
rigidBody->setAngularFactor(btVector3(0, 0, 0));
rigidBody->setLinearVelocity(btVector3(0, 0, 0));
rigidBody->setAngularVelocity(btVector3(0, 0, 0));

sceneNode->setScale(scale);

As you can see from the screen shots it only works for either the collision shape or the entity if bullet isn't used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AlexeyKnyshev

02-03-2014 06:27:29

Make sure that u use right Entity positions. I believe that your moles' nodes are children of machine node. So entities have different global (world) position, but bullet has only world positioning - looks like main reason of effect that u saw.