FontManager failing on attempting to load XML

Ketura

21-06-2011 00:26:10

So I've spent the last few days integrating Lua and Luabind into my project, and I figured outsourcing the createFont bit of the QuickGUI creation pipeline would be a good learning experience. I spent a few days tearing my hair out thinking my lua syntax was messed up, and then when I tried to do the same things in C++, I discovered I was having the exact same problems.

So after creating a GUIResourceManager and GUISkinEffectManager instance and using these to create a GUICore, I save the singleton pointer for the FontManager and attempt to call createFont:

GUIResourceManager* mGuiResourceManager = new GUIResourceManager();
GUISkinEffectManager* skinEffectMgr = new GUISkinEffectManager();

QuickGUI::Core* GUICore = new QuickGUI::Core(mGuiResourceManager, skinEffectMgr);

QuickGUI::FontManager* fontMgr = QuickGUI::FontManager::getSingletonPtr();

fontMgr->createFont("TimesNewRoman.14", mGuiResourceManager->getImage("TimesNewRoman.14.png"), 10,"TimesNewRoman.14.xml");

Once the program hits the createFont function, it crashes. Upon investigating, I find that the local variables have some interesting values:

Font* FontManager::createFont(const std::string& name, Image* i, unsigned int baseline, const std::string& fontXMLFile)

name = "¤ð/"
i = 0x0308a738{mName="TimesNewRoman.14.png" mOgreImage=0x00ca3d28}
baseline = 10
fontXMLFile = "|ð/"

so, it seems the strings that I'm passing get totally lost, causing TinyXML to load a nonexistent file, causing FontManager to crash when it tries to read said nonexistent XML. It can't just be a hiccup with std::string, as you can see that the name field for the Image gets successfully inputted, in the same call. Anyone have any ideas as to why thismight be the case?