MinGW build errors

libolt

13-01-2013 06:47:12

I am trying to build MyGUI from SVN using MinGW GCC 4.7.2, Ogre 1.8.2 and Boost 1.52.0 on Windows 7 64bit.

The library portion built fine once I ran cmake-gui and filled in the OGRE_SOURCE field.

I had trouble with the demos until I edited Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeLists.txt and changed the following lines:

target_link_libraries(${PROJECTNAME} ${OGRE_LIBRARIES})
link_directories(${OGRE_LIB_DIR})

TO:

target_link_libraries(${PROJECTNAME} ${OGRE_LIBRARIES} libboost_system-mgw47-mt-1_52)
link_directories(${OGRE_LIB_DIR} c:/users/libolt/builds/boost-mingw )

I know this isn't the proper fix so if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Now I am getting the following error compiling the LayoutEditor:

CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools11GridManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::GridManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13ColourManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::ColourManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools12StateManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::StateManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13DialogManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::DialogManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools17MessageBoxManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::MessageBoxManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13HotKeyManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::HotKeyManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools12StateManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::StateManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools12StateManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::StateManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::StateManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13HotKeyManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::HotKeyManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13HotKeyManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::HotKeyManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::HotKeyManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools17MessageBoxManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::MessageBoxManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools17MessageBoxManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::MessageBoxManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::MessageBoxManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13DialogManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::DialogManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13DialogManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::DialogManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::DialogManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools12StateManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13ColourManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::ColourManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools13ColourManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::ColourManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::ColourManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools11GridManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::GridManager>::msInstance'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(Application.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools11GridManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::GridManager>::mClassTypeName'
C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: undefined reference to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::GridManager>::mClassTypeName'
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(CodeGenerator.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(GroupMessage.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools17MessageBoxManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(GroupMessage.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools17MessageBoxManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(ProjectControl.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(RecentFilesManager.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(RecentFilesManager.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::msInstance' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(RecentFilesManager.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(RecentFilesManager.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsGeneralControl.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsResourcePathsControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(SettingsResourcePathsControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(TextureToolControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WidgetCreatorManager.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools11GridManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WidgetCreatorManager.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools11GridManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WidgetsWindow.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WidgetsWindow.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WidgetsWindow.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::SettingsManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE14getInstancePtrEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:61: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::msInstance' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools14CommandManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj):C:/Users/libolt/builds/my-gui/MyGUIEngine/include/MyGUI_Singleton.h:66: more undefined references to `MyGUI::Singleton<tools::CommandManager>::mClassTypeName' follow
CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir/objects.a(WorkspaceControl.cpp.obj): In function `ZN5MyGUI9SingletonIN5tools15SettingsManagerEE16getClassTypeNameEv':
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Tools\LayoutEditor\CMakeFiles\LayoutEditor.dir\build.make:1546: recipe for target 'bin/LayoutEditor.exe' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/LayoutEditor.exe] Error 1
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:1055: recipe for target 'Tools/LayoutEditor/CMakeFiles/LayoutEditor.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [Tools/LayoutEditor/CMakeFiles/LayoutEditor.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:115: recipe for target 'all' failed
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks

ggwon

09-02-2013 07:35:41

Me too. :( how can i fixed it.

acsabo

10-09-2015 01:55:37

me too! 2 :D