1.21, include directories, efx-util.lib

mkultra333

19-06-2011 07:47:42

I've been using OgreOggSound for a while, version 1.18

I'm in the process of setting up a new laptop for compiling, and so I'm installing all this stuff fresh on the new computer. Ran into a couple of problems with 1.21.
I'm using OGGSOUND_THREADED 0

1. Ogre include directories were a problem. What worked was to set OGRE environment variable to my C:\Ogre\ogre_src_v1-7-3 directory. Then I changed the OgreOggSound Properties->C/C++->Additional Include directories for Ogre to "$(OGRE)\OgreMain\include" and "$(OGRE)\include".

2. One of the lib dependecies is efx-util.lib. However there's no such file in the OpenALCoreSDK that I can see. Instead, there's EFX-Util_MT/EFX-Util.lib and EFX-Util_MTDLL/EFX-Util.lib.
I figured I didn't want the dll version so I added "$(OPENAL_SDK)\libs\Win32\EFX-Util_MT" to OgreOggSound Properties->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories.
And EFX-Util.lib to Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies.

After doing this, OgreOggSound compiled ok. I haven't been able to test it yet, I'm still setting up the rest of my own project, I'll post back if there's any problem.

stickymango

20-06-2011 16:59:36

Yes confusing,

I haven't updated my openal version for many years so maybe the sub directories were added at some point, although maybe I just re-jigged my folders locally :twisted:

Anyway, I've added the paths to the projects now so should be right from now on..

Thanks,