createSceneManager

nfalcon

15-09-2009 23:43:21

Hey All,

I have recently started a new project using Ogre-1.6.3 VC90 and decided to add the Paging Landscape SceneManager plugin.
I finally got it working, but it seems to only work when I create the SceneManager like this:
mSceneMgr = mRoot->createSceneManager("PagingLandScapeSceneManager", "MyOGREsmgr");

If I try to pass in ST_EXTERIOR_REAL_FAR as the first parameter instead of the string "PagingLandScapeSceneManager"(as suggested in this article http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_PLSM_Application) I get an error:

OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): World geometry is not supported by the generic SceneManager. in SceneManager::setWorldGeometry at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\ogremain\src\ogrescenemanager.cpp (line 1415)

Anyone have an idea why ST_EXTERIOR_REAL_FAR doesn't work?

Thanks,

kira23

20-09-2009 12:46:12

try to write
mSceneMgr->setWorldGeometry("paginglandscape2.cfg");
all must begin to work

nfalcon

21-09-2009 18:47:35

try to write
mSceneMgr->setWorldGeometry("paginglandscape2.cfg");
all must begin to work

This line of code already exists when I tried using ST_EXTERIOR_REAL_FAR and it still asserts.

But, that brings up another question. Why do I have to set the world geometry(it crashes without this line: mSceneMgr->setWorldGeometry("paginglandscape2.cfg");) when using Paging Landscape SceneManager, where when I use ST_EXTERIOR_CLOSE for just regular Octree Occlusion it works fine with out setting any world geometry.