[PLSM2] Need to move in order to make terrain appear

Sharma

25-02-2010 22:51:59

Hi !

I'm not sure that i'll get an answer, but well let's try ! :)

I am currently taking in hand the Ogre engine and some addons that are dedicated to it, and PLSM2 is one of those. Let's start with the good news:
- I'm using the latest SDK version at this moment (1.6.5 so)
- I've svnexported the paginglandscape directory from the ogreaddons svn, and successfully compiled the plugin, and the mapsplitter
- I've successfully used the mapsplitter with the two example maps i've got (called hf and alpes)
- I've done what i had to do in order to use the PLSM2 plugin in my classes, and the result is...

It's OK, the terrain is loaded, i can see it, well until now this is all good. So my question is not an installation or mapsplitter one. I am facing a small but annoying problem:
When i launch the application, with a camera in a good place (ie that is not under the ground or something like that, but well placed and should show the terrain), well the terrain isn't immediatly displayed. And it is even not displayed if i don't move in the scene. The terrain will start being displayed if I move enough (maybe moving to the next tile ? but the problem is the same with the hf map that has only one tile...). So my question is: how can i force the terrain to be displayed ?

Thank you in advance for your indications (or better, answers !),

Sharma