MapSplitter: OutDirectory cannot be created

less

26-08-2010 12:58:49

Dear all,

I'm now searching for quite some time but have found no solution to my problem, even if I found that some people suffer it too. For the reason I'm starting to learn using PLSM2 i tried to get the MapSplitter tool running, but was failing hard so far. After some problems with the cfg files i finally got it running without exceptions, but it gave no output. Finally I found out it was due to the MapSplitter wasn't able to create the directory for output. I tried everything: absolute, relative paths, checked that the program got permission to write to all relevant directories, ran it with Admin permission, etc. Nothing worked.
Now I'm hoping anyone of you could help me, since I'm really clueless now. I'm working on Win7/x64.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

less

26-08-2010 13:30:04

Okay,

got it. The point was that I defined the resource folder with trailing '\' wich obviously caused the error. Now I'm facing the problem, that the Programm doesn't seem to produce any output. Furthermore the program crashes when I'm trying to enable batch mode (which should be no difference at all since there is only one map defined in my maptool.cfg) because it seems to interpret the OutDirectory key as a map short name and not as the key for the output directory. Looks like the out directory isn't used at all which makes this key - mentioned in http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Paging+Scene+Manager+config+files#Common_options_for_both_config_files - quite useless. Is there anything i have to do further to get my map splitted?

Cheers,
Paul