Error Message Thread (Common Errors)

eduffield

05-08-2006 01:03:59

Hello,

It was hard learning to understand how the paging system works, and how to add maps to it. Sense its new, anyone that is willing to add an error and how you fixed it is welcome to put it here for newbs.

It would have helped me alot to know the following...

Assertion Error: idx < mSurfaceList.size()

This is caused by missing textures. You can look in the plsm2.log to find out what exactly is missing.

Vector out of range

When the paging landscape loads and you are missing these in the .cfg that happens:

NumTextureFormatSupported=9

TextureFormatSupported0=ImagePaging
TextureFormatSupported1=Base
TextureFormatSupported2=InstantBase
TextureFormatSupported3=Splatting
TextureFormatSupported4=Splatting5
TextureFormatSupported5=Splatting2
TextureFormatSupported6=Splatting7
TextureFormatSupported7=SplattingShader
TextureFormatSupported8=ImagePagingLight
TextureFormatSupported8=PLSplattingShaderLitDecompress

Black Landscape / Terrain ?

First I got an error that I was missing .Base files for the heightmap. I didnt understand what these were so I copied the height map sections and renamed them to .base.

With TextureFormat=Base , or
TextureFormat=ImagePagingLight neither got along with my computer, and those files were not generated. Removing that line all together fixed it.

Super Super Slow?

My camera in the game was set to infinite range. The system is real quick once you turn that down.

tuan kuranes

21-08-2006 18:33:10

Nice Idea.
I'll add those in assert message and try to add as much as possible message !

btw, any new message are welcome.

rschlend

13-10-2006 02:39:50

Just wanted to say thanks for saving me hours of troubleshooting...

Rob

lehua011

04-05-2010 03:26:50

This is caused by missing textures. You can look in the plsm2.log to find out what exactly is missing.

Teknoman117

27-05-2010 02:34:45

Ok I just grabbed the latest version from the SVN. I am using Ogre 1.7 (maybe PLSM doesn't support this yet i don't know) and I am getting this error

virtual void Ogre::PagingLandScapeOctreeNode::_addToRenderQueue(Ogre::Camera*, Ogre::RenderQueue*, bool, Ogre::VisibleObjectsBoundsInfo*)’:
OgrePagingLandScapeOctreeNode.cpp:190: error: no matching function for call to ‘Ogre::RenderQueue::addRenderable(Ogre::PagingLandScapeOctreeNode* const)’
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreRenderQueue.h:183: note: candidates are: void Ogre::RenderQueue::addRenderable(Ogre::Renderable*, Ogre::uint8, Ogre::ushort)
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreRenderQueue.h:202: note: void Ogre::RenderQueue::addRenderable(Ogre::Renderable*, Ogre::uint8)
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreRenderQueue.h:216: note: void Ogre::RenderQueue::addRenderable(Ogre::Renderable*)
make[4]: *** [Plugin_PagingLandScape2_la-OgrePagingLandScapeOctreeNode.lo] Error 1

Anyone know whats wrong, well besides the obvious fact that Ogre::PagingLandScapeOctreeNode doesn't relate to Ogre::Renderable?
Thanks, Teknoman