FAQ : Frequently asked questions

tuan kuranes

03-10-2005 15:00:06

:?: Where do I find the map.x.z.png or mapHN.x.z.png to run plsm2 ?
:idea: You need to run Mapslitter on your heightmap to split it into pages before plsm2 can display them.

:?: Demo run but I cannot see any terrain, only blur sky ?
:idea: You perhaps didn't "prepare Data to feed plsm2. "You need to run Mapslitter on your heightmap to split it into pages before plsm2 can display them. AND add the directory containing all the files in your resources.cfg, in the correct group (the one you specified in your config file.)

:?: Terrain is "split", there is moving cracks between tiles ?
:idea: Disable Lod vertexmorphing in Opengl with ATI cards. (VertexProgramMorph=no in map config files)

:?: How do I get Height at a given point ?
:idea: use rayscenequeries.

:?: I get a Link error when trying to use getHeightat or any object / method inside plugin ?
:idea: Don't use it directly, you're not supposed to and will run into troubles some day (it's a dll, you're supposed to use only exported methods and object hence the "_ogreexport" keyword define in plsm2 source). Use rayscenequeries. It's the way, and yes it's fast enough for lots of queries per frame. If you cannot stand that, use sceneManager use at least getOption mechanism.

:?: How do I compile mapeditor ?
:idea: mapeditor is no longer maintained and source compatible. Use Goof maped tool.

:?: Terrain Partially showing ? check if any part is missing in the terrain heightmap directory, in the latter case rerun mapsplitter