Problem compiling CVS_PLSM2 with the CVS_Ogre

ervilha

18-07-2007 19:49:47

Hi,

I know that PLSM2 is not fully compatible with the latest ogre[Eihort], but i realy need to put them to work together as soon as possible!

So I've downloaded ogre and plsm2 from the ogre CVS. Ogre have been compiled without problems, but with plsm2 ...

..\src\OgrePagingLandScapeMeshDecal.cpp(622) : error C2259: 'Ogre::PagingLandScapeMeshDecal' : cannot instantiate abstract class
due to following members:
'void Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor *,bool)' : is abstract
d:\escola\projecto\ogre_cvs\ogrenew\ogremain\include\OgreMovableObject.h(470) : see declaration of 'Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables'
OgrePagingLandScapePage.cpp
..\src\OgrePagingLandScapePage.cpp(157) : error C2259: 'Ogre::PagingLandScapePageRenderable' : cannot instantiate abstract class
'void Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor *,bool)' : is abstract
d:\ESCOLA\PROJECTO\OGRE_CVS\ogrenew\OgreMain\include\OgreMovableObject.h(470) : see declaration of 'Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables'
OgrePagingLandScapeRenderableManager.cpp
..\src\OgrePagingLandScapeRenderableManager.cpp(54) : error C2259: 'Ogre::PagingLandScapeRenderable' : cannot instantiate abstract class
d:\ESCOLA\PROJECTO\OGRE_CVS\ogrenew\OgreMain\include\OgreMovableObject.h(470) : see declaration of 'Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables'

If any one knows how to paste this problem.... i know why it gives the erros, but i don't know how to solve them!

ervilha

18-07-2007 22:05:24

Well i've managed to solve the problem by adding the following code:

void visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool) {}

This solves the building problem, but what does this function really do, and when should we use it?

RomanoDacis

07-07-2009 16:08:10

What file did you paste it in? I am having a similar problem.

dermont

09-07-2009 04:09:24

What file did you paste it in? I am having a similar problem.

The visitRenderables problems has already been updated in svn trunk. Are you sure you are using the latest version.

svn co https://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... glandscape
http://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... landscape/