Set up problems?

Sharsnik

20-02-2009 01:15:02

Hi, I've been trying to install PLSM, and have gotten through a number of config file dependency errors.

Right now, I'm missing the .png files, which don't seem to be created by the map splitter tool?

Here's the .log file.

13:56:00: Added resource location 'M:\OgreSDK\addons\paginglandscape\Samples/media/paginglandscape2/terrains/alpes' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'PLSM2'
13:56:01: Initialising resource group PLSM2
13:56:03: PLSM2 : Cannot find map named alpes.1.1.png
13:56:03: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource alpes.Base.1.1.png in resource group PLSM2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
13:56:03: Error loading texture alpes.Base.1.1.png. Texture layer will be blank. Loading the texture failed with the following exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource alpes.Base.1.1.png in resource group PLSM2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
13:56:03: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource alpes.Base.1.1.png in resource group PLSM2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
13:56:03: Error loading texture alpes.Base.1.1.png. Texture layer will be blank. Loading the texture failed with the following exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource alpes.Base.1.1.png in resource group PLSM2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
13:56:03: Texture: Detail3.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.

alpes.base.1.1.png doesn't seem to exist on my system.

Leron

27-02-2009 16:28:54

i found that now mapsplitter produces alpes1.1.png instead of alpes.1.1.png. I posted about this bug in Known Bugs topic, if you have same problem maybe you should confirm that there...

cimsguy

22-07-2009 14:44:44

Hi,

I am new to PLSM2 and also fairly new to Ogre itself. I am having trouble getting PLSM2 to work.
I got the demo part working (I installed it in a location not under ogresdk).

I am using VS 2005.
I am a little confused about what the directory structure should be like. It does say on this page :http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Paging_Scene_Manager_Installation#VC8.0_Install
that I should "Extract it so that paginglandscape is in the same directory as OgreSDK."

Even though I was unsure about this(there was no directory called paginglandscape in the zip) I went ahead and unzipped the contents of the PLSM Source zip directly inside my "ogresdk" directory which, as the name suggests, contains the Ogre sdk.
After gettting around the initial complaint of "Virtual memory range for PCH exceeded" by adding /Zm128 option, it still gives me numerous errors.

Am I on the right track or do I need to make changes to the directory structure(i.e. where exactly the contents of the source zip need to be unzipped).
Help Please!!

dermont

23-07-2009 11:45:28

The VC8.0 Install source link AFAIK is outdated. If you are using Ogre1.6.x you should download the source from svn as per the link VC9.0 + Install, i.e:
http://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... landscape/

cimsguy

27-07-2009 13:41:51

thanks dermont, I will try that.

Yes, I am indeed using Ogre 1.6 Shoggoth.
So you're saying that:
1. I should get the source and not the pre-built binaries/ sdk.
2. I should get the version for VC9.0 (..which means I will have to install VS 2008 on my machine)?

cimsguy

10-08-2009 20:27:25

Hi guys,
I am kinda stuck again and need help. I installed VS2008 on another machine(didn't wanna change anything on the machine that had some working stuff) and then Ogre and SVN.
After that I tried to get PLSM2 for Ogre 1.6 but when I created a new folder in my C: and from within it, from the context menu I chose TortoiseSVN->RepoBrowser and then entered the url : http://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... landscape/ and hit enter I don't see any directory structure.
Instead I get the message "Repository moved temporarily to '/viewvc/ogreaddons/trunk/paginglandscape/'' please relocate"

I have no idea how to proceed. Is this something wrong with SVN or something with where it is hosted or something else?

Also once I cross this bridge do I need to get the source for PLSM2 and then compile it? or can I get precompiled binaries?

cimsguy

11-08-2009 13:33:01

I desperately need multiple detail textures on my terrain and hence PLSM2. However, I haven't been able to get it to work yet and the wiki seems to be kind of outdated.
Can someone please help me set up PLSM2? I am very close to giving up.

NCrashed

04-11-2010 19:03:00

cimsguy, use this svn lnk: http://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/s ... landscape/

ssratman

16-05-2012 10:17:32

I seem to be having an issue trying to pull svn copy down.
I'm using the following:
svn co http://ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... andScape2/ PLSM2-svn/

and I am getting the following error:
svn: Repository moved temporarily to '/viewvc/ogreaddons/trunk/paginglandscape/PlugIns/PagingLandScape2/'; please relocate

Any help would be greatly appreciated.