caelum explanation on wiki

nevarim

04-01-2011 09:25:47

hi all

i tryed to use caelum as sayd from wiki page, but there are some problem:
mCaelumSystem = new caelum::CaelumSystem (mRoot, mSceneMgr, CAELUM_COMPONENTS_DEFAULT);
here missing declaration?
then, where i can find more info on using this addon? (that is very interesting to use)
then, a few question about:

i can use more than 1 moon and 1 sun?
i can modify day time (5min / hour) on code during program execution?

there are more example of skyplane to use? (i want to know how can i create one)

thanks for all

Nevarim

p.s. caelum is still alive now or is a dead plugin?

nevarim

19-01-2011 11:00:10

news?

DragonM

19-02-2011 22:28:44

hi all

i tryed to use caelum as sayd from wiki page, but there are some problem:
mCaelumSystem = new caelum::CaelumSystem (mRoot, mSceneMgr, CAELUM_COMPONENTS_DEFAULT);
here missing declaration?

The sample is not stand-alone. It shows only the lines of code necessary to integrate Caelum into an existing functional Ogre project. You are expected to know how to create an Ogre Root and an Ogre SceneManager. You are also expected to know how to create a pointer to a CaelumSystem object in your own class. Most Ogre Wiki samples are written this way.

then, where i can find more info on using this addon? (that is very interesting to use)

No further information is necessary. The Wiki page describes all required steps to integrate Caelum into an Ogre project.

then, a few question about:

i can use more than 1 moon and 1 sun?

Not natively. The CaelumSystem object has only a single pointer each for sun and moon. If you replace the CaelumSystem object with your own implementation and use only the Caelum components, you may create as many suns and moons as you wish. As part of that, you would need to implement your own Astronomy component. The Caelum astronomy component is specifically designed to accurately simulate the Earth/Moon/Sun system, rather than an arbitrary planetary system.

i can modify day time (5min / hour) on code during program execution?

Yes. The time scale may be modified at any time.

mCaelumSystem->getUniversalClock()->setTimeScale(12);

there are more example of skyplane to use? (i want to know how can i create one)

There may be, but that has nothing to do with Caelum. Caelum's sky is a dome.

p.s. caelum is still alive now or is a dead plugin?

Caelum development is stalled. cdleonard, the developer, no longer uses it and no longer works on it. See his final post here.

Having said that, open source projects are never dead. The code is always available for anyone to improve.