[SOLVED]2min10sec~2min17sec in oFusion official :box trick:

wilsonwing

23-06-2008 11:20:00

hi, I am a newbie.
I've search the form.
And saw the offical set direction teaching video.
http://www.ofusiontechnologies.com/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=60
And got a problem. :(
What did he done in the 2min10sec ~ 2min17sec.
What's the hotkey he use.
And how should I do it....

Thanks in advance for help :lol:

By the way.
And i got the problem which has already been encountered many times, the resetXForm problem.
I can make most part of my model facing correctly in OGRE.
But for some part, the texture wrap on the model goes inside out(which means that I can see the texture fine INSIDE the model, but can't view it correctly OUTSIDE the model, where we usually look at it.)

Lioric

23-06-2008 16:38:56

The new object is Aligned to the current character (to mantain the object position after the process), with the new object selected use the 'Align tool' (ctrl A, or in the Tools menu)

About the inverted polygons issue, this is because the matrix is inverted and when cleaned (reset xform) the polygons are inverted as the result of this, to solve this (common case) use the 'flip normals' in the polygon sub-object level (or the normals modifier)

wilsonwing

24-06-2008 02:13:24

Thanks, Lioric.
It works great now!

Just for curious, can I only flip normals in the oFusion exporting or I can also do it somewhere in the MAX?

Lioric

25-06-2008 00:21:35

Yes, you can flip the normals of the polygons in your scene

In the modifiers tab , with the object selected and in the polygon sub-object level, click the 'flip normals' button (select all of the object polygons)

wilsonwing

09-07-2008 16:26:55

Yes, you can flip the normals of the polygons in your scene

In the modifiers tab , with the object selected and in the polygon sub-object level, click the 'flip normals' button (select all of the object polygons)

Thanks Lioric. It works great.
PS. Sorry for late replying.(Got some problem with my computer)