Blender 2.5 .flower Exporter

MindCalamity

03-09-2011 19:35:09

Since the Blender 2.5 is getting more and more attention and usage (and I personally prefer it), and Blender 2.4x is getting old, I decided to update the old Blender exporter to work with the new API, and I'm more than halfway through, the exporter currently exports convex, triangle and cloth meshes, but vertices and indexes/indices only, position and orientation offset isn't exported yet, but is on my TODO list.
Also, the exporter only exports 1 mesh at a time, i.e. you can only export the selected model at once, I still haven't made it loop through the selected object, but it will come soon.

[attachment=0]io_export_flower.zip[/attachment]

To install the addon, you can either go in Blender - File -> User Preferences -> Addons -> Install Addon, and select the file io_export_flower.py.
or
manually copy the file into <path-to-blender>\2.59\scripts\addons\

Update: Fixed orientation problem - this was caused by the lack of testing, I didn't make any real tests before releasing the script, but since the output was the same with the old exporter, I thought it was OK, which proved otherwise when I actually loaded the nxs file in Ogre :oops:

To Do:

1. Export Multiple Objects at Once
  2. Export Selected Objects Only
  3. Auto-Execute Flour to Convert The Exported .flower File

This is my temporary to-do list.

MindCalamity

07-09-2011 12:44:02

I'm currently working on other stuff for my project, so the exporter is going to have to wait until I get to the physics part.

MindCalamity

21-09-2011 21:13:50

I'm currently working on other stuff for my project, so the exporter is going to have to wait until I get to the physics part.

Well the parts I was busy at the time, are mostly done now, and I'm going to focus on physics for my current project, so the exporter will grow as I need to use it more and more :)