NxActor to NxOgre::PhysicBody

doboszsite

11-05-2012 15:14:59

Hi,
I'm trying to implement simple physic object serialisation with NXUStream (PhysX tool). NXUStream is able to read PhysX collection formats like nxb. My gool is to implement this functionality in to NxOgre app without modifying NxOgre source. Probably to easiest way to do it is to merge PhysX and its wrapper somewhere around actor object. And this is where I need same help. Is there any way to get ConvexMesh from NxActor or any think else from which i could make a working PhysicBody in NxOgre and can you please tell me if I'm thinking right...? This post my be a little off the NxOgre pluging topic, but the solution my extend plugin functionality.

betajaen

11-05-2012 21:15:41

I've never liked the Nxustream system, or the nxb file format.

But if you insist, you will have to modify NxOgre, to at least accept pointers to NxActors and NxScenes created by Nxustream, and create the appropriate Shapes, Actors, and Scenes from them.

doboszsite

12-05-2012 13:26:23

So this is impossible to do without modifying core elements of NxOgre. :( I will try to avoid that.

Please tell my why do you think that NUXStream is a bad solution? I just wonder. And since nxb import can't be done any simple way, is there maybe any way to convert nxb actor to nxs? Maybe same function which can save PhysX shapes in to nxs. What I'm trying to do is to use NxOgre with NVidia 3ds Max and Maya plugin.

Thanks for help.

betajaen

12-05-2012 20:21:37

If I remember correctly, there was no way to add extensions to the schema, or even attach userdata (even a string).

So even if you did make a nxb importer into NxOgre, there is no way to tell one Actor apart - hence no way to create SceneNodes, attach Entities, lights, and so on.