Runtime Error with Buggyswires tutorials

fizdalf

23-11-2012 18:38:24

hi!

I managed to compile the buggyswires tutorials with vc9 but i'm getting a runtime error when i try to run it with the sample-browser, i have the physx libraries requiered in the ogre/bin/release - ogre/bin/debug ..this is giving me headaches.

i'm using

Ogre 1.8
VC 2008 (version 9)
Physx 2.8.4
OgreNx Buggyswires (latest available ..it seems to be 2 years old according to github)
Critter (buggyswires) (latest available also)

all compiled with vc9 without issues,

i get a runtime error whenever i try to open a NxOgre Tutorial from the SampleBrowser, everyone gives me erros ..but i doesn't show error number or runtime error reference ..just says "the application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

NoMonkey

26-11-2012 22:12:33

I there!
I'm not sure if it's causing your problem since we were getting other errors but Senzin found out, that NxOgre isn't all that compatible with Ogre 1.8. Try using Ogre 1.7.4. That means you have also to recompile Critter and the NxOgre Tutorials using 1.7.4.-Ogre.
i have the physx libraries required in the ogre/bin/release - ogre/bin/debug
Normally you shouldn't have to copy the PhysX dlls to the folder since it should happen automatically when compiling the tutorials. Are the NxOgre dlls and the nxogre.zip in the right place?
Did you compile release and debug of the tutorials and NxOgre/Critter?
Regards,
NoMonkey