OGre 1.6 and OgreODE compiling errors

rogerdv

30-09-2008 17:42:54

Im trying to integrate OgreODE code in my project and when I try to compile under Linux I get this:

In file included from src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeWorld.h:4,
from src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.cpp:4:
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdePreReqs.h:5:32: error: OgreNoMemoryMacros.h: No such file or directory
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdePreReqs.h:7:30: error: OgreMemoryMacros.h: No such file or directory
src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.cpp:854:2: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeWorld.h:4,
from src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.cpp:4:
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdePreReqs.h:35: error: 'dTriIndex' does not name a type
In file included from src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeGeometry.h:7,
from src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.cpp:8:
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:19: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:19: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'TriangleIndex' with no type
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:31: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'TriangleIndex' with no type
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:31: error: expected ';' before '*' token
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:33: error: expected `;' before 'unsigned'
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:43: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'TriangleIndex' with no type
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeTriangleMeshData.h:43: error: expected ';' before '*' token
In file included from src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.cpp:8:
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeGeometry.h:388: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeGeometry.h:391: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'TriangleIndex' with no type
src/ogreode/include/OgreOdeGeometry.h:397: error: extra qualification 'OgreOde::TriangleMeshGeometry::' on member 'getTriangleMeshData'
scons: *** [src/ogreode/src/OgreOdeBody.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Any way to solve those errors?

Fish

01-10-2008 00:21:52

It appears that you are either missing the file "OgreNoMemoryMacros.h" or you do not have the include path set to the directory containing the file. Finding that file and setting your include path to that directory is a starting point.

-Fish

rogerdv

01-10-2008 00:55:56

Well, after some test I found that the missing file is not the cause. Tried to compile in another Linux with Ogre 1.4.3 and the problem is still there.

emarcotte

02-10-2008 14:39:43

The memory macro headers have been removed in 1.6 (there are some porting notes that mention this).

You can comment those out in ogreode to build.

As far as not building with 1.4 I have no idea but I suspect you're not looking at the right include directories...

Good luck.