Mogre 1.7.x

mstoyke

25-07-2010 03:39:28

I've created a new thread for Mogre 1.7.1, because a lot of things have changed and we should have a fresh start for 1.7.1 here. The old thread can be found here.

The official repository can be found here on bitbucket. You need a Mercurial client to access the repository. For Windows I recommend to use TortoiseHG.

Compiled binaries are available on our sourceforge page. The subversion repository on sourceforge is obsolete now, because Mogre has switches to Mercurial some time ago.

For Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, you can download the compiled binaries here and the debug info files here.
For Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET framework version 4.0, you can download the compiled binaries here and the debug info files here.
Note: Don't miss the additionaly repository/binary link at the end of this post.

Please keep in mind that you need to install the right version of the Visual C++ runtime redistributable to use (the release versions of) these libraries, because Ogre is still a native C++ library and will not work without it. I don't know any valid way to use the debug versions of the libraries without Visual Studio being installed on the machine. As far as I know there is no redistributable package for the debug versions of the runtime libraries available.

For more information about Mogre, visit the Mogre wiki pages here.

We have planned to use the bugtracker at bitbucket to track any issues related to further development and bugfixes of Mogre.

If you want to compile Mogre yourself, there are current a lot of steps required to do so. We will soon update the wiki with the latest build instructions. Currently the build instructions in the wiki refer to old, obsolete repositories.

You can always look at the current list of maintainer to see who are the people responsible for certain parts of Mogre. We have decided to have more than one maintainer for Mogre, so the development of the project does not rely on a single person anymore.

The latest version of the Mogre SDK installer is currently only available for use with Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET frameworks 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. A version for the newer Visual Studio 2010, targeting the 4.0 framework, should be available soon.

We are currently looking for more people who like to get involved in Mogre development. We are especially low on maintainers for certain add-ons, most of them have currently no maintainer at all. If you are interested in joining our team, just send a PM to the current maintainers.

The compiled binaries are considered quite stable, but we will keep the "beta" tag on them until we get more feedback from the community in these forums. We don't have the manpower at the moment to test everything properly, so if you use the current Mogre versions in any of your projects, please give us some feedback here.

Even if you don't have any problems, that information is important for us. Most of the times we get feedback about the parts that are not working properly, but we only know about those working parts of Mogre that we use in our own projects so far.

Update 1 (2010-07-30):

I have created a new repository here that contains Visual Studio projects for people who want to have an easy start using (trying) Mogre. The repository contains projects for VS2008/.NET 2.0 and for VS2010/.NET 4.0, both use the latest Mogre 1.7.1 libraries.

To make any use of this repository, clone it from bitbucket with a Mercurial client and open the Visual Studio solution for the version you want to use. Just compile the project and start it, everything should be working out of the box. If you see an ogre head rotating in a window, clap your hands, you just successfully compiled the project.

If you have any problems, just let me know. And make sure DirectX runtime Feb2010 or newer is installed on your machine, the projects use the Direct 3D renderer.

Beauty

27-07-2010 10:42:40

Thanks for the nice overview.
I locked the old thread and set an information+link to its first post.
Also I added a link to here from the Mogre main page of wiki.

Beauty

27-07-2010 16:55:13

I got a personal message by somebody who thought, I would had written the wiki page Building MOGRE 1.7 from source.
But I have no experience in building Mogre, so I publish his question here:

I need to build Mogre myself from the repository provided here: http://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre
Is there any tutorial or something like that that shows me how you get that running?

In your tutorial you say that your mogre solution is already prewrapped and the ogre source is pre-patched.
What does this mean.
I only know that I need to build ogre first, and then mogre. But I don't know how to build ogre?

The reason is that I want to build mogre in visual studio 2010 for x64.

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Beauty

27-07-2010 17:01:23

I found the prerequisites page in the wiki - maybe this helps related to build depencies:
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... requisites

mstoyke

27-07-2010 19:42:51

I need to build Mogre myself from the repository provided here: http://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre
Is there any tutorial or something like that that shows me how you get that running?

In your tutorial you say that your mogre solution is already prewrapped and the ogre source is pre-patched.
What does this mean.
I only know that I need to build ogre first, and then mogre. But I don't know how to build ogre?

For the project in the bitbucket/mogre repository, use these build instructions: https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre/src/tip/BUILD
The build instructions in the wiki are still for my old, obsolete repository that had a different setup.

You might have to change some details to target x64, please let us know if you could manage to compile a working 64bit version of Mogre/Ogre. I never tried, because I don't want to support two builds of my software and 32bit is still very common with the primary audience for what I do.

Beauty

28-07-2010 11:22:33

For the project in the bitbucket/mogre repository, use these build instructions: https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre/src/tip/BUILD
The build instructions in the wiki are still for my old, obsolete repository that had a different setup.

Ok, so I could add a second wiki page for building Mogre 1.7 and point out the difference.
The current content is related to your modified code of your own repository in bitbucket.org/mstoyke (VS2010 and .NET 4.0).
The instructions of your last post are related to the "official" code in the bitbucket.org/mogre repository (VS2008 and .NET 4.0).
Is this right?

mstoyke

28-07-2010 11:26:31

The information in the wiki should be updated to reflect the steps needed to build from the new repository. My old repositories are obsolete and I will delete them in some weeks from now.

Beauty

28-07-2010 13:03:22

I thought your private repository has modifications which are not fully compatible to the "official" Mogre sources.
This modified version you offered in the thread Mogre with MyGUI, PhysX and SlimDX just a few days ago. So there would be a sense to keep the related build instruction on a seperate page.
Or did I misunderstand something?

mstoyke

28-07-2010 14:31:23

The EngineDeps repository is a different story. You're right, that this repository contains some changes and is not compatible with the official release. But I'm not planning to remove the EngineDeps repository, so if you want to keep some build instructions for it, it's fine. My older repositories in bitbucket/mstoyke that are references in the current build instructions in the wiki will be removed in some weeks. So the build instructions should be updated for the official repository.

I think some people already got confused, because the build instructions in the wiki are not working with the official repository, but only with my old repository in bitbucket/mstoyke.

Beauty

28-07-2010 14:37:45

I'm not shure if I understood right:

The current wiki build instruction works well with the EngineDeps repository.
Is this right?
Or did the instruction only works with the other (obsolete) repository?

mstoyke

28-07-2010 22:07:00

The current instructions in the wiki work well with my old, obsolete repositories and might also work with the version in EngineDeps. But I never wrote down any step-by-step instructions for EngineDeps, because it's not been necessary for me to recompile the binaries in this repository.

It's best to assume that recompiling anything in EngineDeps will cause some trouble, because none of the available build instructions will fit the repository structure 100%. But it's still close enough to the official repositories so that the build instructions will at least help you to solve these problems fast.

For now the EngineDeps repository is just for people who like to experiment with the code and modules, but you should not use it if you are just taking your first steps in developing for/with Mogre.

Beauty

29-07-2010 11:00:20

Until Ogre 1.5 the SceneNode class contained the properties WorldPosition and WorldOrientation.
Unfortunately in the Ogre core library the methods getWorldPosition, setWorldPosition, getWorldOrientation, setWorldOrientation were removed.
Instead of this now we have to use _getDerivedPosition(), _setDerivedPosition(), _getDerivedOrientation(), _setDerivedOrientation() instead.
I don't know why the Ogre maintainers removed the world members, because they wrote application developers shouldn't use members which starts with underscore. These members would only be for internal stuff. Now they force Ogre users to use such methods. Maybe they wanted to remove redundant methods? They didn't gave me an answer for this question which I asked in the main forum.
I think it's nice to have World paramters. Everybody knows what's meaning (instead of derived).

For Mogre I would be happy when we add the 2 world properties again (and map them to the 4 get/set methods of Ogre which are ugly and not C# like).
Also this would increase the compatiblity to older appplications and code snippets.

Beauty

30-07-2010 17:41:25

For Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, you can download the compiled binaries here and the debug info files here.
The files in debug are looking strange.
In older Mogre versions the debug version of Mogre had the postfix "_d" like the other files. So it's name was Mogre_d.dll.
Did you change the file name? Or did you mix debug and release files?
When using _d also for the Mogre dll file, then it's clear which version it is. When the debug version doesn't have this postfix, then this could cause trouble when somebody mixes the file types.

I uploaded everything to my webspace.
You forgot some dll files. Most important are OgreMain.dll and RenderSystem_xxx.dll.
I added them to your project.
Also I needed to add OgreCore.zip and change the path in resources.cfg.
The other ones I commented out in the config file (for testing).
Now I can see a splash screen (the Ogre config dialog?) for a moment and in the ogre.log file is no exception, no error, no warning.
Your exception still comes on my computer.

By the way - you added the MogreFramework to the namespace, but you don't use it.
Also there is no code which initializes Ogre components (like renderwindow, root, etc.)

So I suppose you create a new instance of class OgreWindow. Then you just call its Go() method.
Maybe there is a need to initialize something before calling this method.
... I looked into the class reference, because I don't know what it does. I don't use it in my application. But I don't see even one member in the class description. Maybe it was removed in the Ogre 1.7 version?
http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/api/html/int ... indow.html

Now I looked to the wiki page basic tutorial 0. I don't know what should happen when calling this code correct. Maybe nothing. Only get no error.
The tutorial 0 realy needs an update - maybe also some further ones, because some base to the tutorial 0 code.
On the other hand it seems to be the basic application structure which is used for the further tutorials.

I would like to know how many people actually need a working MogreFramework.dll for their projects.

The aim of this "framework" is to make the newcomers life easy. He shouldn't get confused of much code. He should lean the basics.
The framework contains some initialize code. (maybe adding a light, camera, support of camera movements ... I don't remember details).
In tutorial 6 the user learns how to create an application without the framework.
Also users shouldn't use the framework later in own applications. It's just a helper for the quickstart of learning Mogre.

oh wait - I got an idea.
The OgreWindow isn't part of Ogre. It's part of the framework.
MogreFramework.OgreWindow()

The exception happens when calling
win = new MogreFramework.OgreWindow();

Now I added the source code of the MogreFramework to the project to make the debugging more easy. So you can follow each step inside the framework.
http://code.google.com/p/mogresdk/sourc ... eFramework
ok, now I had a problem, because the binary output directory was different.
Now I can debug inside the MogreFramework code.
Your warning box comes "Something is wrong here", but it seems to work well.
The aim of tutorial 0 is to only get a black window (I think).
Then you learn in following tutorials how to show something.

Sorry I can't upload the project not.
I have to leave my work just in this second.
See you in some days. I go away for some days.

mstoyke

30-07-2010 18:23:37

The files in debug are looking strange.
In older Mogre versions the debug version of Mogre had the postfix "_d" like the other files. So it's name was Mogre_d.dll.
Did you change the file name? Or did you mix debug and release files?
When using _d also for the Mogre dll file, then it's clear which version it is. When the debug version doesn't have this postfix, then this could cause trouble when somebody mixes the file types.

This is by intention. It makes using the Mogre.dll with Visual Studio much easier, because you can't easily use different reference for debug and release builds. It's possible through editing the VS project file directly, but I don't like messing around with these files manually.

You can also read a more detailed statement about this issue here: http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12052#p71441

Beauty

02-08-2010 08:17:49

That's right with the dll name. I just was wondering.

One year ago GantZ or Bekas tried to put the OgreMain.dll file into the Mogre.dll file.
Then the filename would be just Ogre.dll. This would avoid some problems and would have advantages, but I can't remember details. In the past the including of OgreMain.dll into the wrapper dll file failed, because the compilation aborted after many hours by an out of memory warning. If interested, I can search for the old discussion posts.
What do you think about? Would it be useful to try it again? Maybe 64bit Windows can do the compilation.

ScareGlow

04-08-2010 15:06:40

What does this mean.

You might have to change some details to target x64, please let us know if you could manage to compile a working 64bit version of Mogre/Ogre. I never tried, because I don't want to support two builds of my software and 32bit is still very common with the primary audience for what I do.

Hi,

I'm still trying to get a working 64bit version of Mogre/Ogre.
Currently I have Problems with boost.
When I try to compile Mogre, I get the following error:

c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\basic_timed_mutex.hpp(158): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\wvm\mdmiscw.c', line 2704)

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Mogre, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> MogrePrecompiledHeaders.cpp
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMath.h(240): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMath.h(241): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMath.h(312): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMath.h(314): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(172): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(236): warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(288): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(293): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(349): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(349): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(411): warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const Mogre::Real'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(514): warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector3.h(525): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix3.h(193): warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix3.h(198): warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix3.h(260): warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const Mogre::Real'
1> This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated function 'void Mogre::Matrix3::Matrix3(void)'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix3.h(292): warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const Mogre::Real'
1> This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated function 'void Mogre::Matrix3::Matrix3(void)'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreQuaternion.h(223): warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const Mogre::Real'
1> This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated function 'void Mogre::Quaternion::Quaternion(void)'
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\custom\MogreVector4.h(189): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix4.h(263): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix4.h(599): warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreMatrix4.h(599): warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreAxisAlignedBox.h(664): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreAxisAlignedBox.h(664): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreColourValue.h(200): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\auto\MogrePlane.h(12): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\auto\MogrePlane.h(12): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePlaneBoundedVolume.h(22): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePlaneBoundedVolume.h(22): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePlaneBoundedVolume.h(102): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePlaneBoundedVolume.h(102): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(161): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(212): warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(264): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(269): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(286): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(286): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(380): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>c:\projects\mogre64\main\include\Custom\MogreVector2.h(381): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'Mogre::Real', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePixelFormat.h(203): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogrePixelFormat.h(203): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\basic_timed_mutex.hpp(46): warning C4793: 'boost::detail::basic_timed_mutex::destroy' : function compiled as native :
1> Found an intrinsic not supported in managed code
1> AssemblyInfo.cpp
1> Wrapper.cpp
1> MogreDefaultHardwareBufferManager.cpp
1> ManagedDataStream.cpp
1> Marshalling.cpp
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreDataStream.h(283): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreDataStream.h(283): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\Custom\ManagedDataStream.h(40): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from '__int64' to 'long', possible loss of data
1>src\Custom\ManagedDataStream.cpp(16): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>src\Custom\ManagedDataStream.cpp(17): warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\thread_primitives.hpp(306): warning C4793: 'boost::detail::win32::interlocked_bit_test_and_set' : function compiled as native :
1> Mogre-WIN32_OgreTimerImp.cpp
1>c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\basic_timed_mutex.hpp(158): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreHardwareVertexBuffer.h(207): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreHardwareVertexBuffer.h(312): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreHardwareVertexBuffer.h(312): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreHardwareVertexBuffer.h(322): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>C:\projects\Mogre64\Main\include\auto\MogreHardwareVertexBuffer.h(322): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\thread_primitives.hpp(306): warning C4793: 'boost::detail::win32::interlocked_bit_test_and_set' : function compiled as native :
1>c:\program files (x86)\boost\boost_1_43\boost\thread\win32\basic_timed_mutex.hpp(158): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
1>cl : Command line error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have no idea what this is about?
I did not changed any code,
I just did all the steps here: https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre/src/tip/BUILD
except that I enabled the use of boost in cmake and that I did x64 builds.
I also tried boost 1.42 and 1.43,

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks, Daniel

Beauty

05-08-2010 15:47:21

Maybe there is a 64 bit version of boost?
Look for 64bit build discussions related to Ogre (C++ version) in the main forum.
Maybe there you find ideas what has to be changed for 64 bit Mogre builds.

Pyritie

05-08-2010 19:22:47

How easy is it to upgrade to 1.7.1 from 1.6.5? Or should I just wait for it to go out of beta?

Also is there a list somewhere of things that this would break (if anything)?

I'm considering upgrading because 1.7.1 has a couple functions that would make my life a hell of a lot easier :0

mstoyke

05-08-2010 20:53:42

The only things I remember did not work some time ago were DistanceLodStrategy and PixelCountLodStrategy. I didn't work on these issues yet, so don't expect them to work. But if you don't need them you should be fine using the current 1.7.1 release.

In fact there is not much feedback from the community yet related to 1.7.1, so either most classes work just fine or there are no people using the release yet. We had a lot of downloads in the past, my first release of Mogre 1.7.1 binaries got more than 1.100 downloads from my server before we uploaded the files to sourceforge.

After the first 1.7.1 binaries we successfully created, I switched my codebase to the new release and (almost) everything in my code was working out of the box. I only had to change 1 or 2 lines of code, because I use some internal references from Ogre directly in my code. As long as you don't need direct access to the Direct3D device, which I can't recommend anyways, most code that works with 1.6.5 should also work with 1.7.1.

So, in conclusion, I can recommend using Mogre 1.7.1. If there are any serious bugs we will try to fix them quickly. If you decide that this Mogre release is right for your project, you're very welcome to post questions and feedback here. As I said before, positive feedback about everything that works will be as important for us as feedback about any trouble you have. The more feedback we get from people, the faster I will consider removing the "beta" tag and call it "stable".

Edit: I just saw in your post history that you are (or were) using MogreNewt in the past. So I should tell you that we don't really have a stable MogreNewt in case you want to use the VS2010 release of Mogre. I think that the VS2008 version of 1.7.1 already has a working MogreNewt version, but, as I'm not 100% sure about it, you should try it first to see if it's working.

Pyritie

05-08-2010 23:15:01

Edit: I just saw in your post history that you are (or were) using MogreNewt in the past. So I should tell you that we don't really have a stable MogreNewt in case you want to use the VS2010 release of Mogre. I think that the VS2008 version of 1.7.1 already has a working MogreNewt version, but, as I'm not 100% sure about it, you should try it first to see if it's working.
Yeah I'm using VS2008 at the moment anyway so that's good

I'll upgrade soon and tell you what happens :D

simk5

07-08-2010 12:38:44

First experience report in using Mogre. in dot points
- MogreSDK1.4.8 doesn't work for my system
- MogreSDK1.6.5 can't run its 'check dependencies' operation
- MogreSDK1.7.1 installer works well

for us (KOALA), we are not really good at programming stuff, but still can gradually understand e operation of Mogre in C# coz we all have basic knowledge in JAVA. Anyway, we chose Mogre to do our project because we found that it's much easier to use than OSG though OSG can provide slightly better graphics. (we are not gonna talk about OSG here)

There are something that I think other users need to know about:
- 1st time user should check the 'allow unsafe code' in your C# project and look carefully at the syntax conflict between Mogre and Ogre, and
- the pointers in original Ogre need to be referenced in Mogre manually((e.g. FloatRect* VS FloatRect << user has to reference it youself))

Pros:
- Easy to use
- Easy to understand

Cons:
- Not enough examples for coder (as we are 1st time user)

These are what we can see at this stage.
Cheers.

P.S. Will post another report once our project is finished

Pyritie

09-08-2010 10:38:36

Hm, does SceneNode not implement IRenderable any more?

EDIT: never mind, read the cthugha changes.

Though now FSLSound doesn't work. :\

mstoyke

09-08-2010 11:35:18

Though now FSLSound doesn't work. :\

I don't know exactly what the current state of FSLSound is, but materialDefender has updated the MogreFSL project in the Mogre add-ons repository some time ago, so it should work with 1.7.1.

Pyritie

09-08-2010 11:55:16

yup, that works

thanks

Beauty

14-08-2010 01:08:31

And make sure DirectX runtime Feb2010 or newer is installed on your machine
I wanted to update the post information text of the MogreSDK.
But I can't find a DirectX package published in 2010. The latest is DirectX Redist (March 2009).
Or is it only available by the web installer?

mstoyke

14-08-2010 02:58:54

For DirectX runtimes look here for Feb2010 and here for Jun2010.

Beauty

14-08-2010 13:06:41

Strange. I searched for about 10 minutes on the Microsoft site. I also went to menu Download cathegories > DirectX > sorted by release date and ........... fuck in hell - now it IS in the list :evil:
I'm very shure, that it wasn't in the list on yesterday.
Strange things happens ...

ScareGlow

24-08-2010 13:56:39

Hi everybody.

I'm still trying to get mogre running on 64bit.
But I first try to compile it for x86.

If I use the resulting x86 dll, I get the following error:

BadImageFormat Exception
is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Everything is build in x86, nothing Any Cpu.

I use boost thread, and found this thread with the same/similar problem:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7826&start=0

The provided solution does not work for me.
Anybody an idea what else the problem could be?
Do you use mogre threading and boost?

Thanks in Advance, Daniel

elfric

29-08-2010 21:19:56

I've also been having no luck getting the Mogre SDK up and running - I believe I'm running into the same problems as the above poster though since I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and VS 2008. I'm unfortunately at kind of an impasse here since I can't get the pre-compiled binaries to run nor can I get things to compile. Any resolutions to the 64-bit OS problems that anyone comes up with would be highly appreciated.

mstoyke

29-08-2010 21:34:58

Could you please check out the files from my quickstart repository, compile the quickstart project and start it. The quick start project is created in a way that you only need to compile and run it. In the quickstart repository are project files for VS2008 and VS2010, both were tested on my machine and worked.

If you have any problems starting it, try to post the logfile and exact exception message here.

There are no problems so far to run the 32bit versions of Ogre, Mogre, etc. on 64bit systems. I'm using a 64bit Win7 myself and it works as long as I compile everything for 32bit. It's especially important that you set the C# project settings from "AnyCPU" to "x86", otherwise it will try to start your application in 64bit mode on 64bit systems which is not compatible with the 32bit OgreMain.DLL.

Beauty

04-09-2010 22:59:56

I've also been having no luck getting the Mogre SDK up and running.
I suppose you mean to compile the Mogre source code. And not the SDK. Right?
(The Mogre SDK contains only binaries of Mogre. The setup file will be created by an InnoSetup script. There is no source compilation.)

McDonte

08-09-2010 11:50:05

Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum and I'm using Mogre for some weeks.

I have a little problem about the compiled binaries:

For Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET framework version 4.0, you can download the compiled binaries here and the debug info files here.

I want to use Visual Studio 2010 with .NET framework 4.0 but I can't. The reason is that the MogreSDK is compiled for .NET 2.0 so I'm always getting an error when I try to compile.
I replaced the files by the ones you posted above but there is no MOIS.dll compiled for .NET 4.0. So my input system is gone :(

Is MOIS available for .NET 4.0, and if yes where can I get it?

Beauty

08-09-2010 13:09:23

McDonte - welcome to our Mogre world :D

Currently there is no compilation for MOIS at .NET 4.0.
But you could compile it yourself.
Or you apply a trick to use the .NET 2.0 version for .NET 4.0.
Links and details are in the thread Mois for .net framework 4.0.

I hope this helps.
If somebody else compiles MOIS for .NET 4.0, be welcome to publish it. :wink:

Beauty

08-09-2010 15:20:47

Now smiley80 compiled MOIS against .NET 4.0. You can download it here:
viewtopic.php?p=75112#p75112

@mstoyke:
Maybe you can get the VS project of smiley80 and add it to your directory for building the quickstart libraries.
So it's less work for you to rebuild it when you update Mogre.
And other people are happy to have it in the quickstart library download.

McDonte

08-09-2010 17:45:45

Thank you very much to both of you!

Maybe it should be added to the MogreSDK for further releases...could be useful to other newcomers like me :D

Beauty

08-09-2010 21:06:35

Currently the MogreSDK is only for .NET 2.0.
And it still contains MOIS.

Support for .NET 4.0 is new (since user mstoyke maintains the Mogre core) and on lower priority. So we just offer precompiled binaries of some common dll files.

Maybe in the future we offer 2 SDKs - one for 2.0 and an other for 4.0.
But this needs more effort for creation/updating/testing. It's an open source project and all effort on this is done in the free time of a few users. So we can't do everything what we would like to do.

In general open source also means: You have the possebility to compile (and modify) the source code by yourself. There is no full support. Sometimes or often you need to do something by your own. But don't worry - we try to help you, when you have problems. :wink:

Beauty

10-09-2010 11:29:50

We use bitbucket for our code repository.
Is there a special reason why we offer binary downloads (e.g. the MogreSDK) on sourceforge and code.google.com?
It's no critisizm - I just want to know.
The startpage information of the 3 "source hoster" I want to improve. (Tell the user what is where and give links to the Mogre wiki page, quickstart project, etc.)

By the way:
I don't like to use bitbucket for offering binary downloads. The text font of the website is terrible and it's a pain to read it.
Sourceforge has a nice download file overview (seperated by subsections for each version). I like it.

Day7

15-09-2010 18:04:18

Hmm I cant use AutoWrap, got exception at

public new static DefTypeDef CreateExplicitType(DefTypeDef typedef)
{
string baseTypeName = Mogre17.GetBaseType(typedef);

switch (baseTypeName)
{
case "::std::hash_map":
return DefStdHashMap.CreateExplicitType(typedef);
case "std::map":
return DefStdMap.CreateExplicitType(typedef);
case "std::multimap":
return DefStdMultiMap.CreateExplicitType(typedef);
case "std::pair":
return DefStdPair.CreateExplicitType(typedef);
default:
throw new Exception("Unexpected");
}
}

baseTypeName = "std::basic_stringstream"

Any idea?

fletch27502

16-09-2010 20:07:00

Is there a source tree for building Mogre 1.7.1 with .Net 2.0/3.0/3.5?

I've got a really strange issue with .Net 4.0 where the application loads some dlls and then just hangs indefinitely. I've gotten our sources to work with Mogre 1.7.1 with .net 2.0, but I'd really like the ability to modify Ogre. Looks like there might be some permission problems based upon searching on the internet, but to this point I haven't been able to figure out a solution. Plus I really don't think .net 4.0 offers anything that we can't live without.

Please forgive me if this info has already been posted.
Scott

mstoyke

17-09-2010 11:14:33

Just go to the first post on the first page of this thread, all the information should be there. The repository contains instructions to compile for either .NET 2.0 or 4.0.

fletch27502

23-09-2010 16:16:34

I'm assuming that you mean to go to the 'How to build Mogre from source' link. That page suggests that building for .net 2.0 results in link errors, and that 3.0-3.5 builds are untested. Is there something I'm missing?

What I need is to be able to build Ogre and then wrap it Mogre, and then use that build in our framework that we've been building for a couple of years. Everything I've tried results in a unique issue that I cannot get past. I'm trying to use VS 2010 despite which version of .net I'm building against. It seems that VS 2010 always defaults to .net 4, which is a real pain. I'm finding that .net 4 has issues with some of the dlls that we're linking in, so .net 3.5 would be best. But, the source tree for Mogre is really set up for VS 2010, and therefore .net 4.

The 2.0-3.5 Build: I can get ogre to build using the VS 2010 ogre solution(.Net 4), by editing all of the project files and inserting the required 'ProjectInfo'-Globals (<TargetFrameworkVersion>v3.5</TargetFrameworkVersion>) into the files. There are a couple of lib link issues that I worked through by grabbing the required files from the 2010 dependencies. But I have not been able to get Mogre to build. I've tried using the vc9 solution in VS2008, and updating the vc9 solution to VS2010(which automatically updates the projects to .net 4, thanks MS). Neither of those options has work. I also tried using the VS2010 solution. Everything I've tried has lead to a different issue, but the end result is that Mogre will not build.

The 4.0 Build: I can get Ogre and Mogre to build with no problems. I've also updated to the latest version of the MogreFreeSL which we use for sound. After removing our references to quicktime(which has some issue with .net 4.0 and is another reason I'd like to use the .net 3.5 build of Mogre), I'm able to get our application to run with my .net 4.0 build of Mogre. The problem with this approach is that I get a per frame exception with the MogreFreeSL. This issue is really strange because the exception is suggesting that the functions I'm calling with the DLLImport from the FreeSL don't exsist. My feeling is that this exception is bogus, and that the FreeSL has some issue with .net 4. But, wouldn't everyone see this problem. Is any one using Mogre with .net 4.0 and the latest version of MogreFreeSL successfully?

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know,
Thanks, Scott

mstoyke

23-09-2010 21:10:19

Have you tried following the build instructions in the repository? I put a lot of effort in writing it as a checklist that contains every step needed to build Mogre with either VS2008 or VS2010. I also followed these instructions myself to build the binaries that you can find in the sourceforge file downloads to check if I forgot to mention any necessary steps.

tsr

24-09-2010 10:42:24

Hi,
I just read, that Mogre 1.7.1 is still in beta because lack of feedback. I am using
Mogre 1.7.1 with VS Express 2010 for a few months now and did not have any
problems with the wrapper.

I thought a positive feedback is better than no feedback at all;)

Regards

Beauty

24-09-2010 11:10:01

Nice to hear - thanks for your feedback. :D

I'm also interested to know which kind of application(s) you made and which add-ons you use.
Such topics are presented in the thread Full stack for a game built in C#?.
Be welcome to add some information there.

tlaukkan

24-10-2010 08:36:15

Hi

Does anyone have experience how to enable one of the collada plugins for Mogre 1.7.1? If not is there some procedure how to contribute further wrappers for Ogre plugins and publish them for other Mogre users?

Br,
Tommi

Nakram

27-10-2010 08:12:50

Hello,

I downloaded your package from the repository and tried to make it run, but it didn't work. That's using Visual Studio 2008 (2010 keeps crashing on me for some reason, 2008 works fine).

The message I get is:
Could not load file or assembly 'Mogre, Version=1.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

I checked that the DLLs reference by the project are in the location they're supposed to be at, and they're there (I just unzipped the folder, open, run [fail], build again, run [fail]).

I've been trying for a week (in and out) to get a simple Mogre project to run, to no avail, so any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

mstoyke

27-10-2010 09:29:00

Have you tried the Mogre quickstart projects? You just need to clone the repository with mercurial, open the project in VS, compile and run. Everything should be in place, all dependencies are included. If this runs for you, you can compare it with your project to see if there are any differences.

Nakram

27-10-2010 10:06:25

Have you tried the Mogre quickstart projects? You just need to clone the repository with mercurial, open the project in VS, compile and run. Everything should be in place, all dependencies are included. If this runs for you, you can compare it with your project to see if there are any differences.

I think that's what I did. I had previously downloaded the tutorials and the mogre installer (the programs worked, the projects were a bit confusing). To be honest I tried to follow through the wiki and forum links, running in circles. That thread you mentioned links back to this thread, which linked to the repository at https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre , where I downloaded the package (using the get-source->zip link because I don't have a mercurial client).

I thought that the thing I downloaded was supposed to include everything, and it seems to do. There's Mogre.dll Ogremail_d.dll, other ogre dlls, everything seems to be ok. Compiling the program does not produce any warnings whatsoever, Opening "quickstart2008" shows 2 references (Mogre and System), both of which show with a "Path" attribute directing towards where the files are. So I really don't get what the problem is...

Specifically, if I should download something else, would you please be so kind as to provide me a direct link?

mstoyke

27-10-2010 10:31:19

Specifically, if I should download something else, would you please be so kind as to provide me a direct link?

Here is a link to the repository I was talking about.
Mogre Quickstart Project Repository

I just tried it on my laptop where no Mogre projects are installed at the moment. I downloaded the repository as zip (like you said you have to do it), unpacked them to a folder on my HD. Then I opened the VS2008 project in VS2008 and the VS2010 project in VS2010, for both I used BatchBuild and selected both configurations (Debug & Release) and rebuilt them both.

The Projects are starting fine, no errors so far. I have tried to start all 4 version of the executables (VS2008Debug, VS2008Release, VS2010Debug, VS2010Release).

Please try this and if it's still not working, make sure that you have the latest DirectX runtime installed on your system.

McDonte

27-10-2010 17:33:55

I tested the quickstart projects as well and I just wanted to add my feedback right here:

1. on Win7 x64
all four running fine

2. in Win7 x32
VS2008 fine
some problems with the VS2010, but I think that is related to the .NET version on this computer

Maybe interesting to you mystoke...

Nakram

27-10-2010 20:32:03

Downloaded the one you linked (was the same as the one I had downloaded, but I deleted mine and replaced it either way), updated to the directX redist linked in the thread (june), still not working. That's using Windows XP Pro 32 (up to date) and visual studio 2008 express c# edition SP 1.

I really don't get it, it must be something extremely stupid. I tried to open the MogreSamples.sln that came with MogreSDK, but I got the same issue when running the applications from within the development environment there, despite the fact that the exemples actually run when I launch them using the "BuildSamples.cmd" script and launch them from where they end up.

ahirujigen

28-10-2010 11:49:37

Using Mogre 1.7.1 beta r72, I've found possible bug:
- Overlay doesn't display caption described in .overlay script.

But, some caption shows text, when text specified through source code.
ex)
OverlayManager.Singleton.GetOverlayElement("Some/Overlay/Element").Caption = "Sample Text";

Using Mogre 1.6.5, the same .overlay script works (shows caption),
so Mogre 1.7.1 beta (or ogre 1.7.1) possibly has bugs.

ahirujigen

30-10-2010 23:20:54

The same topic is found on http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59197
I'm watching the topic now
I hope this bug will be fixed.

Thanks.

nataz

19-11-2010 21:14:22

@ Nakram: Well it might sound simple, but in order to have the Debug builds running, you actually have to rename the Mogre_d.dll to Mogre.dll, as Ogre.dll is expecting, even in Debug Build, the Mogre Library to be called Mogre.dll.

Solved the issue for me.

Beauty

24-11-2010 17:43:14

First I want to tell you sorry, that I was not here for 3 months.
One reason is that I had to do much for my university.
But the main reason was this:
In the time before I was active in the Ogre community for several hours (nearly) everyday.
Then from one day to the other I gut something like an "Ogre burnout".
(This also happened 1 or 2 years ago when I made much work for the wiki and got no support.)

Now I improve my Mogre application again and got "new contact" with the Ogre world.
I hope I don't will get an "Ogre burnout" again.
So I try to keep my active Ogre work at a lower level.
And I think it's better to do smaller tasks continuously than to do much and suddenly abort.

Currently I use Mogre 1.6.
Today I missed the method Mogre.OverlayManager.Singleton.HasOverlayElement(...).
After checking the MogreTutorial application I found out that this method was added to Mogre 1.7.

So I updated my application to Mogre 1.7.1 and the related MogreNewt library.
Some tiny code modifications were needed, but not much.
My feedback:
* Mogre 1.7.1 seems to works fine for my application. (Note: It just uses only a small part of the Ogre functionality.)
* But when I enable collision detection by use of MogreNewt, then it throws AccessViolationExceptions. (Details I wrote in the MogreNewt thread.)

So I think I will switch back to Ogre 1.6 and try to add the missing method HasOverlayElement().
(For this I started a discussion in the Mogre 1.6.5 thread.)

umityildiz

25-11-2010 13:05:54

Mogre 1.7.2 will be ready?

Beauty

30-11-2010 12:50:42

The archives with the precompiled libraries
(Mogre171VS20xxLibs.7z, Mogre171VS20xxPDBs.7z)
doesn't contain the XML commentation file, which is very important for development. By use of this file you can see a description for the huge amount of Ogre class members inside of Visual Studio.

So it would be great, when you add the file Mogre.xml to the binary archives Mogre*Libs.7z.

You can download the current version here:
http://mogresdk.googlecode.com/svn/trun ... /Mogre.xml
(right click, save target as ...)

If you want to build a new XML commentation file (e.g. for a newer version), you can use the tool of smiley80.
Details you find on this wiki page.

mstoyke

03-02-2011 22:50:18

I'm currently updating Mogre to support Ogre 1.7.2 and will try to release a new version in a few days. If there are still some serious problems in 1.7.1 that I should look at before making a new version, I would be glad to hear about it ;)

tafkag

28-02-2011 13:42:01

Just a little positive feedback: Yesterday, I built Mogre for the first time using the build instructions from the initial post and didn't run into any problems at all. :shock: :wink:

Beauty

20-04-2011 10:31:09

In an other thread a newcomer gave a Mogre feedback. This I want to share here on the "official" place.

First, I am new to Mogre, and a bad writer of English, so I apologize :(
Greetings to all comunity and this great work.

I built the modified version of Mogre 1.7 under VS2010 and NET4 (as described in http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Building+MOGRE+1.7+from+source), adding the C++ MovableText class (C# class fired me a lot of nasty access-violation exceptions, even blue screens, when updating text with agressive rates) . This binary has been working fine in the last 4 months without issues, in several machines, so I asume that it is reliable.

Beauty

28-04-2011 13:28:46

I'm currently updating Mogre to support Ogre 1.7.2 and will try to release a new version in a few days. If there are still some serious problems in 1.7.1 that I should look at before making a new version, I would be glad to hear about it ;)

Here are suggestion/whishes for API functions which could be wrapped:

* GetYaw() with parameter

* [i]GetGeometryIterator[/i] in Mogre material class

* Possibility for Creating classes which inherit from ResourceManager/ScriptTranslator.
I don't know if this would cause much wrapping work.
It would be useful for Custom ResourceManager and ScriptTranslators. For example this was needed for CaelumSharp. (As workaround I wrote my own script parser, using Regular Expressions.)

A few other topics are listed in the Mogre bug/whish tracker:
https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogre/issues

umityildiz

05-06-2011 13:12:05

I look forward to be ready to support in Ogre 1.7.3. :D

sebj

18-06-2011 18:20:03

Hello,

I am much looking forward to trying MOGRE but cannot get it to run. My projects do not compile (FileNotFound exception for Mogre.dll), nor do the samples work.

Looking at Mogre.dll in Dependancy Walker I see missing references to MSVCR90.dll and IESHIMS.DLL; I know that I have an MSVCR90.DLL (x86) (as there is another reference that is not missing) and should have both the x64/x86 versions (if I remember right that that is part of the VS2005 C++ Redistributable, as I installed both copies of that).

EDIT: I have resolved this issue, it turns out the VS 2008 Redistributable was required but not installed, despite the dependancy checker finding that it was.

SJ

PS. I am following the install guide here: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Mogre+Basic+Tutorial+0 ; all 'guides' I have been say they are out of date however, which is the appropriate install guide for 1.7.1?

smiley80

24-06-2011 21:30:58

Unofficial, unsupported, use at your own risk, may contain traces of nuts:
Mogre 1.7.3
.NET 4.0 / release config

umityildiz

25-06-2011 14:22:07

I thank you for sharing (Thanks for mogre v 1.7.3 wrapper). Mogre wrapper you continue to build. :D

Beauty

27-07-2011 09:11:27

Hi sebj,

nice to see you here.
I'm sorry for all your problems.

EDIT: I have resolved this issue, it turns out the VS 2008 Redistributable was required but not installed, despite the dependancy checker finding that it was.
Thank you for sharing the solution.
Perhaps I will create a Mogre trouble shooting page in the wiki.

By the way - Did you install the Mogre SDK?
The current SDK installer should offer to install the VS 2008 Redistributable depency (in the case that it isn't installed).

PS. I am following the install guide here: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Mogre+Basic+Tutorial+0 ; all 'guides' I have been say they are out of date however, which is the appropriate install guide for 1.7.1?
Tutorial 0 is a historical Mogre setup page. Now the setup is done by the SDK installer. A few days ago I cleaned up the tutorial 0 page a little bit.
The other basic tutorials should be fine for Mogre 1.7.x.
If you have any problems, questions or suggestions related to the tutorials, feel free to create a new forum topic and give us a feedback. In case of mistypes you also can edit the wiki yourself. (For this you need an account in the Ogre main forum. Then you can log in with that user/pass data.)

As I see you build Mogre yourself.
So have a look to this topic. Perhaps it useful to you:
Mogre.Builder - a tool for easy, automatic build of Mogre

umityildiz

29-07-2011 19:06:18

I think someone else to concern itself with the wrapper. Nstoyke 's does not have time. Please take care of someone with the official wrapper.

Beauty

31-07-2011 12:56:04

Good point. I put this issue to the TODO list of the SDK installer.

On a checklist section in the wiki, I want to add a link to the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package".
Not I'm not shure if Mogre users need the "SP1" version or the older version (without SP1) or both.
Does the "vcredist SP1" package also install depencies for libraries, which were compiled by VS2008 (without SP1)?
Perhaps both versions (with/without SP1) need to be installed?

k317h

07-03-2012 20:44:35

Hi. Why do I have to agree the LGPL license after I download the r63 or r72 version? You said: "ANNOUNCEMENT: Project license changed to MIT starting with SVN revision 61.". Thanks for the help.

Beauty

07-03-2012 21:59:08

Oh, it seems so that the installer text wasn't updated yet.
Thanks for the note. I will add it to our bug tracker.

Beauty

07-03-2012 23:52:02

I updated the license information in the SDK repository.
So the next SDK should contain the correct information.

JuggernautOGRE

29-06-2012 21:28:23

MOGRE 1.7.1 installer doesnot seem to work on windows 7 x64 pc. During the installation process the installer built the examples but those examples fail to run!

se5a

26-12-2012 03:37:00

MOGRE 1.7.1 installer doesnot seem to work on windows 7 x64 pc. During the installation process the installer built the examples but those examples fail to run!

I get the same thing, I get the 'has stopped working' dialog as soon as I try run the samples from the sample browser.
I've not looked too hard into what's really going on or why it's crashing yet though.
(also on win7 x64)

Beauty

26-12-2012 11:43:40

Thanks for your feedback.
It's long time ago, but the installation should work fine with Windows 7, 64bit.
I think there were 2 different types of *.cmd files for compiling the examples.

The sample browser application was a prototype in early development state, which was never been improved. So just ignore it.
In general the samples should run fine, even on a 64 bit Windows.

If you compile Mogre applications with Visual Studio, there is one important thing:
By default VS has the compiler setting to compile against "Any CPU". This must be changes to "x86".
Otherwise the compilation fails, because when you have a 64 bit Windows, the "Any CPU" setting tries to build a 64 bit application. This isn't possible, because the Mogre.dll file is a 32 bit library.
I hope you understand what I mean. Otherwise I create a screenshot and write more details about the important option.

I'm sorry that we didn't provide a newer MogreSDK. We are only a few active people in the Mogre sub-community. We don't have much free time and our current main focus is to improve the MogreBuilder and to give support in the forum.