Miyagi tooltip with border

kubatp

16-02-2015 16:12:20

Hi,
I have one atlas texture which I use for the whole GUI. Part of this texture is a tooltip texture. I would like to have a border for tooltip, but ""Border" subskin doesnt seem to work in this case. I tried to google if there are any examples for this, but unfortunately I was not lucky.
Anyway can give me an advice or tell me if this is even possible?
Thank you

Beauty

21-02-2015 14:24:02

Just ideas if Smiley80 can't help you:

* Look into the Miyagi code and try to make the needed modifications yourself.
* Add the border inside of your Atlas texture images.
* Use Billboards, Overlay and/or ManualObject to create a border. There are options to place them in fixed position to the camera view (means: fixed to screen).

kubatp

22-02-2015 09:56:46

Hi Beuty,
thank you for reply.

Look into the Miyagi code and try to make the needed modifications yourself.
I already investigated the code a bit and I think it is not there. I might make a modification, but it would probably be a dirty change, which I dont feel comfortable to check in back to the bitbucket.

Add the border inside of your Atlas texture images.
This is always an option, the problem with this is that once the tooltip is bigger/smaller than the texture it atlas, it will stretch the border.

Use Billboards, Overlay and/or ManualObject to create a border. There are options to place them in fixed position to the camera view (means: fixed to screen).
I dont really want to go into that, because the whole point of Miyagi is to avoid these.

These borders are not a big deal, I just wanted to know if anyone has had similar questions/issues as I have.