OgreTok - Comments / Questions / Suggestions / Help / etc.

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
segfault
Gnoblar

Post by segfault »

i'm at 60 step by sec by default and when i put it at 200 it not much better ...
Mhiriacor
Gnoblar

Post by Mhiriacor »

OK. If you can it will be helpfull to put a part of your code to analize this. And what happen if you increase to 200 steps per second????
segfault
Gnoblar

Post by segfault »

it's the same prob but i thinks it a bug of tokamak so let's make with the bug :)
Mhiriacor
Gnoblar

Post by Mhiriacor »

Ok, try to change argument of function that update simulation. You have two different options; TimesinceLastFrame or other one that i don´t remenber now.

What happenwith your problem if you change it???.
mando

Post by mando »

I have a problem similar to the problem once Slicky had...
I have created a box in 3ds max, flipped its normals to create a room. Exported as .mesh and created a trimesh with it.
Other objects only collide with its one side, ground side. They pass through the walls and the ceiling.
Is this a known problem, what should I do? I can send mesh file if you want to test..
uw cse games capstone

Team OgreSpace final games released

Post by uw cse games capstone »

I was a member of the U-Dub CSE Software Capstone class for our spring quarter this year. A group in the class used OgreTok, Ogre, Raknet, and FMod to implement two multiplayer games. I wanted to post links to the games (and source) so everyone in this thread can see some of what these libraries can do.

Game 1: Invasion
Invasion pits Mayan robots against each other and an alien invading force.

Image Image

Game 2: HeadHoncho
Head Honcho is a derivative of Pacman with the slight twist that a ghost switches places with Pacman when he eats Pacman.

Image Image

I would suggest starting out using the single player modes, but you can play multiplayer (host/join style) or connect to a dedicated server.

Dedicated server homepage, game installers, source download:
http://games.cs.washington.edu

Team OgreSpace homepage:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/ ... Space/web/

Course homepage:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/481

I'd just like to say how helpful OgreTok has been in allowing us to implement two sweet games in around 2 months without any prior game development experience. Thanks!

:D uw cse games capstone :D
edzillion
Gnoblar

Post by edzillion »

I wanted to have a hack at experimenting with ogreTok and I was running through the INSTALL instructions: when compiling it is looking for the file "OgreMain_d.lib" - cant find it anywhere :? :?
I have built ogre and run through some of the tutorials so I have got that working.
any help appreciated

ed
Lodes
Google Summer of Code Student
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by Lodes »

You probably have the 0.14 release version, which means that for you it is OgreMain.lib (make sure to get the one in the debug folder).

If you get ogre from cvs, you will have OgreMain_d.lib built when you build the ogre solution.
edzillion
Gnoblar

Post by edzillion »

@Lodes - that worked a treat. thanks.

the debug ver. builds fine, but the release build cant find a some of the headers ie.
------ Build started: Project: OgreTok, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Compiling...
OgreTokTriMesh.cpp
c:\ogrenew\ogretokamak\OgreTok\include\OgreTokPrerequisites.h(37) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Opcode.h': No such file or directory
OgreTokSurface.cpp
thing is, the inlcude paths are all in there, and unless i am mistaken the debug build requires the same includes :? which builds fine.
SpannerMan
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by SpannerMan »

I downloaded and played HeadHoncho. I thought it was great! A nice twist and 3D upgrade on an age old classic. Just wanted to say nice job :)
segfault
Gnoblar

Post by segfault »

hi,
i have a small problem of shaking object :) and even if i increase the physique update to 150 it's don't change anythings (at 600 it is ok but it too expensive) . I have also try to call _syncToPhysics() at every frame but no result.
Reventlov
Gnoblar

Demo Lighting Problem

Post by Reventlov »

Hi. Because this is my first post, I'm going to do a little introduction:

I'm new to Ogre, but familiar with Tokamak. I wrote a little rendering engine of my own that I wrote a Tokamak system for. I gave up development on my rendering engine because I can't seem to do anything advanced without killing my framerate (cube mapping, good-looking shadows, etc). So, I came to Ogre for my rendering needs. I'd planned on adapting my old Tokamak system to Ogre, but it seems Staringmonkey has made my job a lot easier (by doing it for me!).

Okay, now that you've skipped that, here's my problem: Upon running the demo program, I immediately noticed this:

Those screenshots are of Test Sim #1. See the difference between those two screenshots? That's right, some of the meshes aren't lighted the same way. For different runs of the same simulations, the same objects are darker or lighter for some reason. I am having a hard time describing what I mean, but see for yourself by just running the Demo app yourself and hold down a 0-9 key. Just watch as the objects flash from dark to light randomly.

Being as new as I am to Ogre, I dont really know what I'm looking at. Is this a known issue with Ogre? Having read the documentation, it doesn't seem like it is.
I poked around with the lighting variables in the material system, and it doesn't seem to be that. I also tried replacing some of the meshes included with the OgreTok, and it didn't make a difference. They are also randomly darkened sometimes. However, when I just loaded a mesh and stuck it somewhere in the scene (that is, without binding it to OgreTok using a createWhatever function), it seemed to always be lighted the same way.

Anyway, I'm probably just exposing my ignorance, as I dont really know anything about Ogre yet. At any rate, My poking around in the demo source hasn't changed anything about the problem. Help?
-R.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

This is caused by dynamic mesh scaling. Because Ogre scales objects in hardware, it has the knock-on effect of scaling the normals too, which can affect dynamic lighting. This has been mentioned before in the forums.

There are 3 ways to remove the discrepancies:

1) Don't use dynamic lighting ;)
2) Pre-scale your meshes rather than scaling them dynamically using nodes
3) Enable normal re-normalisation in the hardware by calling Entity::setNormaliseNormals. This has a per-vertex cost though.
chooikw
Kobold

Post by chooikw »

Great work! I'm counting on your works~~

Here is what i want to say:
1. The boxes or spheres are moving through the floor.Is there anyway to fix it?

2.How to increase an object's movement speed? Such as the player controls a ball that will start moving from standstill. And i want the ball will stop itself according to the floor's friction when player stop accelerating it.
Game programming is fun!
sphinkie
Greenskin

Post by sphinkie »

I wonder if the collision between 2 mesh : one hollow (ie: a room) and one box , is working fine with Tokamak and Ogretok ?

Thanks
segfault
Gnoblar

Post by segfault »

segfault wrote:hi,
i have a small problem of shaking object (graphical) :) and even if i increase the physique update to 150 it's don't change anythings (at 600 it is ok but it too expensive) . I have also try to call _syncToPhysics() at every frame but no result.
Does anyone have the same problem ? to test i put a camera just over
my object and move it with the object and when my object moves i can see 2 objects (shaking object).
Please help :(
chooikw
Kobold

Post by chooikw »

segfault-> try to set the gravity to -9.81f .

Is the ogretok still in development?
Game programming is fun!
Nout
Gnoblar

Post by Nout »

This is slightly off topic, but can anybody help me on car physics in Tokamak.
I'm looking for a very simple code example (not the sample8) how to make car physics in tokamak
Thanks !
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

OgreTok is not alive - try OgreNewt (see Walabers excellent Stunt Playground! :D ) - or use OgreOde, Gangsta, nxOgre, Opal, etc.
I'd recommend OgreNewt after seeing Walabers work, but that's just me! :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Andrew Wright
Gnoblar

OGRETok is not dead - just taking a nap - right guys...

Post by Andrew Wright »

Hi I'm new to OGRE and OGRETok (but I'm a long time C/C++ coder) - after a couple of days playing around with the source code (took me some time to find... - Hey I'm a bit slow alright... and was a little tricky updating it to work with OGRE v1.0.6 – but I got there in the end. :wink: )

I just wanted to congratulate everyone involved with OGRE / TOKAMAK and in particular StaringMonkey and KayNine on a job well done – awesome work guys (And Ozzies too :D ). I’m really impressed and hope once the Tokamak team start up again you will continue to update your code.

Andrew
- The obstacle is the path (Zen)
Chris Jones
Lich

Post by Chris Jones »

is tokamac still under development? the last news item was in march 2005
MaxWave
Halfling

Post by MaxWave »

Hello all! Sorry for my post in this topic, but I have no time for search like problem and I do not create new thread. Please, tell me, what I should to do for download libraly OgreTok latest version. I undrestand, what it downloaded by using CVS, but HOW? I don't now, how use cvs and I don't now how program to use for it. Please, tell me steps for do it complete.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Are you on Windows?
If you are: get TortoiseCVS.
And read the sticky topic in the Help Forum about CVS. :wink:

***Locked***

/* OgreTok is old and not maintained - and this topic is too long anyway */
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.