Dependencies for OGRE 1.7/1.8 [Last updated: 19 Aug 2012]

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: Dependencies for OGRE 1.7 (Now with support for VS 2010)

Post by jacmoe »

I am not sure, but now every demo fails with dxguid.lib not found..
Haven't had that error before..
Looks like something is messed up. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
CABAListic
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by CABAListic »

Ah, yes, I can think why. It's a feature of CMake which, in this case, is more like a bug. Basically, if you build the dependencies in-source, then every dependency is itself a CMake target, and the samples are not linked against a simple OIS library, but against the OIS target. CMake then also links them against all the libraries that the target OIS links against, so that includes dxguid. This is usually harmless even if it isn't needed, but in this case it's problematic because the link_directories call is not present for the samples.
Again, I'll fix it. Probably not today, though :)
boyamer
Orc

Post by boyamer »

Hi,
I'm trying to build Ogre with latest directx SDK July 2010, but CMake doesn't founds it,
any help here?

Thanks
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Environment variable : DXSDK_DIR
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
xadhoom
Minaton

Post by xadhoom »

Hi,

It seems that CMake does not correctly set the library path of DirectX (using June 2010) in the OIS project. CMake finds this path correctly and sets it as include directory in the project, just not as library dir... Doing this manually fixed the OIS project and everything compiled fine.

xad
xadhoom
Minaton

Post by xadhoom »

Together with the previous issue it seems to be necessary to change the ZZip dependency configuration. Concretely I had to adjust line 26 in conf.h from:

# include "_msvc.h"
to:
# include <../src/zziplib/zzip/_msvc.h>

Ofcourse adding the folder as include folder would work as well for all platforms.

After this change everything compiled fine on VS 2010 latest trunk.

xad
Skatt
Gnoblar

Post by Skatt »

While trying to compile the latest stable release of the OgreSDK downloaded from the Mercurial trunk using the MinGW version of the dependencies linked in the first post, I am getting strange errors from libzziplib.a. I am compiling on Windows 7(64-bit) using TDM GCC 4.5.x and Code::Blocks 10.x. I am using the default settings in cMake for both Ogre and the dependencies.

Code: Select all

||=== OGRE, all ===|
C:\ogre\OgreMain\src\nedmalloc\malloc.c.h|500|warning: "_WIN32_WINNT" redefined|
0|0|note: this is the location of the previous definition|
C:\ogre\OgreMain\src\nedmalloc\malloc.c.h|1353|warning: "interlockedcompareexchange" redefined|
C:\ogre\OgreMain\src\nedmalloc\malloc.c.h|1347|note: this is the location of the previous definition|
C:\ogre\OgreMain\src\nedmalloc\malloc.c.h|1354|warning: "interlockedexchange" redefined|
C:\ogre\OgreMain\src\nedmalloc\malloc.c.h|1348|note: this is the location of the previous definition|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `strncasecmp'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c|| first defined here|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `strcasecmp'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c|| first defined here|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `vsnprintf'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `vsnwprintf'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `_fstat64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `_stat64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `fstat'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c|| multiple definition of `stat'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `strncasecmp'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `strcasecmp'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `vsnprintf'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `vsnwprintf'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `_Exit'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `llabs'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `atoll'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `lltoa'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `ulltoa'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `wtoll'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `lltow'|
C:\Dependencies\src\zziplib\libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c|| multiple definition of `ulltow'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 3 warnings ===|
I am confused because there are no line numbers for reference and I have not changed any of the files so it does not make sense that they would be incompatible with each other. I do not get any errors when I compile the dependencies, just ogre. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
dave2041
Halfling

Post by dave2041 »

Hi, Not to be noob but...

OIS compilation fails with:
1>------ Build started: Project: OIS, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dxguid.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

even though i have the directx sdk installed (june 2010 i believe)

any ideas?

the environment variable for dxsdk is set

EDIT: Good old windows... gave it a reboot and works fine.
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

Made a small update, a zzip file that is now needed by the trunk (plugin.h) was missing from Dependencies\include, now it gets copied there.
Read more about why we added the #include <zzlib/plugin.h> to OgreZip.h on this thread.
First post on this thread was updated.
Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Hello!
I tried to run Dependencies in Release (actually in Debug mode happens this too) mode, but it says:

Unable to start program
'C:\Ogre\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-2\Dependencies\src\freetype-2.3.1.1\builds\win32\vc2005\.\..\..\..\objs\release\freetype2311.lib'.

The specified file is an unrecognized or unsupported binary format.

What can be the problem or how can is solve it?
Thanks!
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

What version of visual studio are you using?
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Assaf Raman wrote:What version of visual studio are you using?
2010 (x86)
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

You open the soultion, compile, and get this error?
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Assaf Raman wrote:You open the soultion, compile, and get this error?
Yes, as you say.

If its says anything more, then in the Solution Explorer the freetype is bold and there is a small stop table like icon before many .c files inside freetype.
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

Just downloaded the zip file from the first post on this thread, opened it with vs2010 pro, and no problem. Check that you downloaded the right file and un-zipped it correctly.
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

BTW: The little stop signs (meaning - don't compile this file) - should be there.
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

I have deleted the 1.7.2, and installed 1.7.1, now everything works fine, but thank you!
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

Why do you need the Dependencies if you are using the SDK release?
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Assaf Raman wrote:Why do you need the Dependencies if you are using the SDK release?
It was because I have failed to read everything right :)
I have missed the cg.dll, etc, and I read somewhere that I need dependencies, but I think I have misreaded something. So now everything is fine ;)
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

cg should be there, can you give me a link to the 1.7.2 SDK file you downloaded? I want to check that out.
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Assaf Raman wrote:cg should be there, can you give me a link to the 1.7.2 SDK file you downloaded? I want to check that out.
I have downloaded from here: http://www.ogre3d.org/download/sdk (OGRE 1.7.2 SDK for Visual C++ .Net 2010 (32-bit))
I think I have downloaded it in the middle of december, but just today was I able to try it out.
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

That explains it - I fixed it two weeks ago.
pwnerer
Gnoblar

Post by pwnerer »

Assaf Raman wrote:That explains it - I fixed it two weeks ago.
Then it's really was my fault :) Next time I will only download, when I can use it :)
Sini
Gnoblar

A little sumary please.

Post by Sini »

Hello,

i´ve tried to read all the posts, but it requires loads of time, and my english it´s no so good... so it will be really good if someone do a little summary to have Ogre 1.7.2 running in Win7 VS2010 and also the minimun requirements. Thank you very much to all the Ogre Development Team for do such a good program. :D

[Edit]
Sorry, my 1.7.2 ogre is working. I´ve realized that i haven´t DirectX 9 ¬¬.
Now i´m trying the samplebrowser.exe
[edit]
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Hi, I wanted to recompile the dependencies and found the same dxguid.lib bug than previously said. Using VC10, I didn't put the DX lib directories in the "global" directories to usewith c++.

To be sure I installed the last DXSdk (June 2010) and reboot and got the same problem. I just checked DXSDK_DIR to be sure
I think the main problem is that DXSDK_DIR points to the dx sdk directory, not the sub-directory Lib/x86 or Lib/x64 where versions of dxguid.lib are found.

Now, I see several way to fix this but I'm not sure what is the right solution. CMake should find those folders automatically, or do we have to add the sub directories in the path? I think making CMake look in the right directory is the correct thing but I'm not sure yet how to do this (still a noob with CMake).

So, I'll try on my repo to fix this if someone more at ease with CMake don't do it before.
The thing I fear is, was it the same problem for previous DXSDK releases? If yes, then the fix will fix it for everyone, but if not I'm not sure how to do this correctly...