Ogre3d for Windows 8 Mobile

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
rupeshmandke
Gnoblar

Ogre3d for Windows 8 Mobile

Post by rupeshmandke »

Hi Guys,

I was very happy when I saw ogre supporting Windows 8 mobile platform too. However, am no quite sure which version of "source/sdk" I should download in order to get it running on Windows 8 emulator? Is there any step by step guide for building the source for windows 8 mobile? Am pretty new to Ogre but quite experienced with Game Programming in general. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre3d for Windows 8 Mobile

Post by spacegaier »

The WinRT is probably the one you need, but not completely sure, since I never worked with WP8 so far. There is also this guide, but I think that mainly applies to building Ogre for WinRT/WP8 yourself. But it might contain some helpful pointers as well: https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/src/9 ... xt?at=v1-9
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
rupeshmandke
Gnoblar

Re: Ogre3d for Windows 8 Mobile

Post by rupeshmandke »

Hi spacegaier,

Looks like this is what I was looking for, let me spend some time with this & I will let you know how it went ...
Thanks a lot for a real quick reply :)