LNK2019 with boost

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
jokoon
Goblin

LNK2019 with boost

Post by jokoon »

Downloaded prebuilt ogre 1.9 RC1 64 bits for VC++ 2012, setup header and lib pathes just a I did for 1.8 with VC++ 2010, and I have those errors.

Code: Select all

Error	1	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl boost::system::`dynamic initializer for 'native_ecat''(void)" (??__Enative_ecat@system@boost@@YAXXZ)	
Error	2	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::generic_category(void)" (?generic_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl boost::system::`dynamic initializer for 'errno_ecat''(void)" (??__Eerrno_ecat@system@boost@@YAXXZ)	
Are there things I forgot to do, some difference with visual c++ 2012 ?

I also found a post for similar errors with Ogre, but those were for compiling ogre, not the prebuilt version, are those the same issues ? Any fix other than recompiling ogre ?

PS: I just want to use Ogre on visual C++ 2012, whatever the ogre version (since compiling ogre is rather painful), since there is not any 1.8 ogre for VS2012.
Transporter
Minaton

Re: LNK2019 with boost

Post by Transporter »

It looks like that boost_system library is missing.
jokoon
Goblin

Post by jokoon »

Transporter wrote:It looks like that boost_system library is missing.
so is boost out of date ? what should I do ?
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

I don't know which boost version is used for 1.9RC1. You can download an compile any boost version from their website http://www.boost.org/.

If you like you can try my prebuild packages from http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69274.
jokoon
Goblin

Post by jokoon »

Thanks a lot

why isn't this on the official download page ?
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

jokoon wrote:Thanks a lot
You're welcome!
jokoon wrote:why isn't this on the official download page ?
I don't know. I've never downloaded the official SDKs ;) I always build the SDKs by myself.