Compositor confusion - Solved

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
l99057j
Gnoblar

Compositor confusion - Solved

Post by l99057j »

I've written a test app to help me get a better understanding of compositors. I have a cube entity that has a render queue group of 30 and an entity made up of a line strip that has a render queue group of 40. Here is my compositor...

Code: Select all

compositor testcompositor
{
	technique
	{
		texture rt0 target_width target_height PF_A8R8G8B8
		target rt0
		{
			input none
			material_scheme geoIDMapPass

pass clear
			{
			}

pass render_scene
			{
				first_render_queue 30
				last_render_queue 30
			}
		}

target_output
		{
			input none

pass render_quad
			{
				material Ogre/Compositor/GlassPass
				input 0 rt0
			}
		}
	}
}
At the moment, I'm trying to render only the cube to a texture and then render that texture to the viewport using the GlassPass material that ships with Ogre. When I run the app, I still see both the cube and the lines. The odd thing is that if I remove the "target_output" block and change "target rt0" to "target_output" it properly renders only the cube.

I don't understand why the lines are also rendering when using the intermediate texture but not when rendering directly to the viewport. Has anyone experienced something similar?

** EDIT **
Thought I would specify that I'm using 1.8 since the 1.9 release candidate just came out to avoid confusion.
l99057j
Gnoblar

Re: Compositor confusion - Solved

Post by l99057j »

Figured it out and, as expected, I feel like an idiot. I was looking at the log last night, but I've gotten in the habit of searching the log for "err" to find any error messages. After looking more closely today, I saw a line saying my compositor had no supported techniques. Turns out there was a typo in the material name for my target_output. :oops: