Zigzak Game Studio!

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
zigzak
Gnoblar

Zigzak Game Studio!

Post by zigzak »

I and my team are working on the game using Ogre3D. You know that you need to prepare the Level Editor. Then can we do Ogre3D-based engine?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Zigzak Game Studio!

Post by spacegaier »

1st: Choose a different meaningful thread title! Title can be changed via the "Edit" button.

2nd: Yes, you can create an Ogre-based game engine. Many have done it.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
white_waluigi
Goblin

Post by white_waluigi »

1. Use Ogitor or Blender as Leveleditor. You have to compile Ogitor yourself, which can be a pain in the ass , but it is worth it.

2. Please stop using google translator, srsly it sounds like yoda trying to speak klingon

3. Good luck with ur game
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

white_waluigi wrote:You have to compile Ogitor yourself, which can be a pain in the ass , but it is worth it.
From time to time we provide pre-compiled builds as well, but yes compiling is usually better since that also offers you the option to track down bug and help us out in general. But I don't think it is that difficult to do. It is as easy as it gets with CMake.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
white_waluigi
Goblin

Post by white_waluigi »

From time to time we provide pre-compiled builds as well, but yes compiling is usually better since that also offers you the option to track down bug and help us out in general. But I don't think it is that difficult to do. It is as easy as it gets with CMake.
Cmake:
"This Programm requres QT v5.434232323
You have Qt 5.73434343434
Please install the required version"

I'm not saying that ogitor is especially diffcult to compile(its actually one of the easyier programms), it's just frustrating it in general. I can see the benefits of it of curse, and i always do it when i can, but i still think always good to tell people that it can make them cry.
Last edited by white_waluigi on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

white_waluigi wrote:"This Programm requres QT v5.434232323
You have Qt 5.73434343434
Please install the required version"
Never ever saw that message. We are not requiring any special QT5 version. Also the version format looks...uhm...interesting. QT5 currently is at 5.1.1, not sure where your version string is coming from. Or did you make that up (guessing by the typos ;) ).

But we are getting off-topic. Let's leave Ogitor stuff to the Ogitor forums...
white_waluigi
Goblin

Post by white_waluigi »

I dont have the original text, sry. But yeah sorry that i even started the Argument.