Using Ogre3D in Delta3D

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Junglee
Gnoblar

Using Ogre3D in Delta3D

Post by Junglee »

Hi there,

Can we use Ogre3D in Delta3D, like how we use Bullet Physics and certi. As external Packages??????
Because am working for the advanced proj. which is half completed using Delta3D and now we need to implement some of the main features like Editors,Terrain Deformation etc....so if anyone having Idea regarding this pls share your thoughts and help me to figure it out.

Thanks in advance,
Jung Lee. :?
Last edited by Junglee on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: Using Ogre3D in Delta3D

Post by Kojack »

I've never used Delta3D, but at a guess after taking a quick look at the website, I'd say it would be a fairly large task to change it over to Ogre. Delta3D is based on OSG (Open Scene Graph).
You'd probably need to change major parts of dtCore, dtTerrain, dtDAL and STAGE to work with another engine.

Or it might be easy, I have no idea how abstracted away the underlying systems really are (sounds like not very, the components are apparently exposed at both high and low level).
Junglee
Gnoblar

Post by Junglee »

Hi Kojack,

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry i may not be having much clarity about Ogre3d since i am new to this, but is it really necessary to make major changes to our existing code???
is it not going to work like how we normally access the packages using the syntax <Package name>::<class name>::<attribute or function>.
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

Are you asking about porting your Delta3D to Ogre3D?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

If you mean having a normal Delta3D program and using Ogre as an external library that you call, then that might work. I thought you meant using Ogre as an internal replacement for OSG.
is it not going to work like how we normally access the packages using the syntax <Package name>::<class name>::<attribute or function>.
I have no idea what these packages are or how they work (that's a Delta3D specific thing by the sound of it), so I can't really answer that.
Junglee
Gnoblar

Post by Junglee »

Hi Kojacj,

Sorry I Was Away, Thanks For ur reply.
Junglee
Gnoblar

Post by Junglee »

Hi Zonder,

Yes i wanted to do the same thing and i am just whether it is possible or not.