import .mesh/.skeleton files in 3DSMax/blender/other

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
umitum
Gnoblar

import .mesh/.skeleton files in 3DSMax/blender/other

Post by umitum »

Hi All,

Can anybody help me in importing .mesh/.skeleton files from Ogre3d to 3DSMax/Blender/Other....

i tried open it in 3DSMax and Blender but unable to open it..

I want to view the Structure of .mesh and .skeleton file that have been used in Ogre3d.

Thanks in Advance
umitum
tod
Troll

Re: import .mesh/.skeleton files in 3DSMax/blender/other

Post by tod »

There was a Blender importer at some point in the past, but I'm not sure it exists anymore. It's not really a priority to have something like that, as usually people create the meshes and armatures in blender or 3DSmax, and then export them to Ogre.
If you only want to see some ogre models, there are some viewers, like Mesh Viewer.
umitum
Gnoblar

Post by umitum »

Hi tod,
Thank you for your reply. I will try it out

Regards
umitum
loath
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by loath »

if you're willing to spend a little money, http://unwrap3d.com/ is by far the easiest way i've found to convert models of various formats.

i use it to directly open .mesh files (including those with skeletons) and it's also easy to scale, rotate and do other basic operations that are harder with max, blender, etc.
my fiancé who is good with blender even prefers it for conversions and simple tasks.
umitum
Gnoblar

Post by umitum »

Hi,
i have downloaded io_export_ogreDotScene.py file and copied into Blender Add-ons.
After that i can able to export .Blend files to Ogre3D(.mesh,.scene) files. i tried with Sinbad.blend which was found in Ogre3D ,using Ogre3D exporter i can get .mesh,.skelton,.material files.

My issue is , i have compared Sinbad.mesh.xml and Sinbad.skeleton.xml files from Ogre3Dexporter and Ogre3d folder...Both are different. i havenot modified anything in Blender.I Just Open .blend file and export the same to the Ogre3D.,
i Found the difference in Animation name,face v1,v2,v3 values etc....

could you tell me,why the difference?

Regards
Umitum