OpenGL 3.x and OpenGL 4.x questions

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
hydexon
Gremlin

OpenGL 3.x and OpenGL 4.x questions

Post by hydexon »

Sorry, i'm in dobuts.

I was searching in Google if the upcoming OGRE2.x will have the OpenGL 3.x and OpenGL 4.x support complete or reasonably usable, i see many wiki pages (GSoC 2013 pages related also) and forums posts, but i don't find anything concrete if is fully supported or not.

I was programming in OpenGL since i has like 11 years old, i coded a terrain tessellation (nothing interesting, you can find awesome terrain tessellation technology freely and open-source in github and other sites) using raw OpenGL 4 Commands and shaders, and want to port it to OGRE.

And my question if which level of supports has OGRE for OpenGL 3 and OpenGL 4?, Thanks.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: OpenGL 3.x and OpenGL 4.x questions

Post by masterfalcon »

Yes it definitely will. In fact the next version of Ogre before 2.0 will also have the completed GL 3.x/4.x RenderSystem included.
hydexon
Gremlin

Post by hydexon »

masterfalcon wrote:Yes it definitely will. In fact the next version of Ogre before 2.0 will also have the completed GL 3.x/4.x RenderSystem included.
You mean Ogre 1.10?
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

Yes