DotScene Sample Maps?

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
dunderwood
Gnoblar

DotScene Sample Maps?

Post by dunderwood »

I have been looking for a while, and I can't seem to find any samples of DotScene format maps. Someone else is working on the project that I am working on and he is making the models and maps, but he is just starting, so I am needed some sample maps to test code with.

Does anyone know of a good place to find DotScene sample maps? It would also be helpful if anyone had any links to good places for other sample assets as well, particularly ones that have animations set up. I have found quite a few of these, but if anyone had suggestion for general asset resources, that would be great as well.

EDIT: As an update, my current understanding is that the DotScene format is the preferred format for loading an inside map into Ogre, as BSP is a somewhat outdated format? Is this correct, or am I mistaken?

Additionally, my final use will require that I can identify things in the map. From what I have seen on the .scene format, this would be possible by identifying the node name inside the .scene file, but I do not know of a way to do this with BSP as I have not worked with BSP, although I feel that it certainly must be possible somehow. Any comments on this as well?

EDIT 2: After a bit more searching, I found a link to Ogitor in the content creation section of Ogre's site. While I have still not found any direct samples of DotScene, Ogitor is a map editor made to work with Ogre that exports into a .scene format, and it comes with a sample project that it very easily exported after Ogitor is up and running. If anyone would like me to upload the .scene file with its resources that came from the demo project, just let me know.

I am still curious if anyone else finds any DotScene resources, though.

Thanks!