search functionality in docs

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
tseiler
Gnoblar

search functionality in docs

Post by tseiler »

Does anyone know why we don't have search functionality in API the docs on the website?
This seems like a very basic thing someone would want to do.
Transporter
Minaton

Re: search functionality in docs

Post by Transporter »

You could use Google. But it's a good point. We could enable the search function in doxygen configuration.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Transporter wrote:We could enable the search function in doxygen configuration.
Trying that right now, but for some reason the searchbox isn't yet showing up :evil: .

EDIT 1: Starting to look better :) . Somehow one of the other unrelated options has some undocumented side-dependency that prevents the searchbox and the tree view from working...

EDIT 2: All sorted out. Will make an global update soon.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

Great! :D
spacegaier wrote:We just updated the online OGRE API references, to include some new features:
  • Search function
  • Navigation tree
  • Collapsible SVG graphs
Besides the inheritance graphs we used to have, we now have added:
  • Collaboration graphs (outlining composition within classes)
  • Inclusion dependency graphs (which files are required = included)
  • Usage graphs (outlining which other files include the currently viewed one)
Check it out at: http://www.ogre3d.org/api

PS: 1.7 and 1.8 API will be updated shortly as well.
You might set the options

Code: Select all

INTERACTIVE_SVG = YES
DOT_TRANSPARENT = YES
to remove background add more features to SVG graphs like zoom, pan etc. Could you also merge that commit to 1.10 and 2.0 branch, please?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Yes, thought about INTERACTIVE_SVG, but I think that will result in issues with IE. And the doxygen documentation says that DOT_TRANSPARENT has issues on Windows (where I am running doxygen), but I might give it a try.

The changes will be merged to 1.7, 1.8, 1.10 and 2.0 shortly. New API uploads will then follow as well. I just didn't have the time to do that yet.
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

spacegaier wrote:Yes, thought about INTERACTIVE_SVG, but I think that will result in issues with IE. And the doxygen documentation says that DOT_TRANSPARENT has issues on Windows (where I am running doxygen), but I might give it a try.

The changes will be merged to 1.7, 1.8, 1.10 and 2.0 shortly. New API uploads will then follow as well. I just didn't have the time to do that yet.
I'm also working on Windows and DOT_TRANSPARENT is working well. I'm using it for a long time on ogre procedural (CMake/Templates/html.cfg.in).
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

You're right. Seems to work fine. Changed the configuration and I am uploading a new version as I write.