World builders and area creation.

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
amartin
Halfling

World builders and area creation.

Post by amartin »

I'm starting research and gathering ideas for my next 3D project. What I'm thinking of making myself a world builder app. Something to allow me to put together a scene from pre existing assets without too much fuss. This is largly inspired by the various customisable housing options that are available in MMOs these days which I find stangly fun and time consuming but frustrating due to being linked to the MMO grind. If I can it will end up as a plugin so that it is available for other projects in the future. The goal for me at the moment though is really just to build shinny things and share them with friends.

So with that said can anyone recommend programs or ideas that are good examples. Bonus points for pointing out what worked well and what did not work well. I want to borrow the best ideas from existing projects so that I don't need to reinvent any wheels.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: World builders and area creation.

Post by c6burns »

amartin
Halfling

Re: World builders and area creation.

Post by amartin »

I'm aware Ogitor exists I am not going to branch from Ogitor as I don't feel like unpicking it from QT and I want to use this as a test project to try out Ogre 2.0.