Creating ManualObjects freezes the app

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
JasonXtreme
Gnoblar

Creating ManualObjects freezes the app

Post by JasonXtreme »

I am using MogreInWPF, which is dependant on Mogre and Ogre 1.7.2 I think. I have an app that requires constant building of manualobjects as I have changing texture display requirements - which means setting texture coordinates.

I use the standard procedure:

Code: Select all

ManualObject mo = SceneManager.CreateManualObject();

mo.Begin(materialNameHere);
mo.Position();
mo.VertexColour();
mo.Normal();

mo.Index();

mo.End();
Now this is completely random, but as far as I can tell, the whole application freezes when it reaches mo.End(); . When I say freezes I mean it becomes unresponsive, no exception, no debug error, no responsiveness, and it needs to be shut down manually from Visual Studio. This happens at random calls, in no common conditions (as far as I can tell, and I've tried to reproduce the error on demand with no luck for some time now). Construct one object -> ok. Construct second (same function) -> ok. Third breaks at this line (used debug messages to locate the spot). Restart the app, the first breaks. Next time the fifth, or sixteenth. I am stumped.
Any ideas?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Creating ManualObjects freezes the app

Post by spacegaier »

Nothing helpful in the Ogre.log?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
JasonXtreme
Gnoblar

Re: Creating ManualObjects freezes the app

Post by JasonXtreme »

No, nothing in the log about it at all...