Camera Animation

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
koreos
Halfling

Camera Animation

Post by koreos »

As my character moves in scene, I use the translation values to move my camera. When character is walk motion it looks good. But, when character is in running motion camera animation looks jerky. What should I do make it smooth? I am using characters' root bone position (absolute position) for translation of my camera.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Camera Animation

Post by dark_sylinc »

koreos wrote:What should I do make it smooth? I am using characters' root bone position (absolute position) for translation of my camera.
Most likely the character's root bone position isn't stationary, and moves or rotates back and forth a little during the run animation. And there's your jerkiness.

Attaching the camera to a bone is usually a bad idea.
drwbns
Orc Shaman

Post by drwbns »

Like dark_sylinc said - usually a camera is best to attach to something that is moving smoothly - like the object's scenenode.
koreos
Halfling

Post by koreos »

I don't have anything than root bone for calculating camera transitions (for moving camera). Then, how should I achieve camera animation?
drwbns
Orc Shaman

Post by drwbns »

Attach your character and your camera to the same sceneNode for a start, then move the scenenode to move your character and the camera together.