User blogs forum

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Kenshido
Gremlin

User blogs forum

Post by Kenshido »

Hello!

How do you think about creating "User blogs" forum?
I think, that forum "Using OGRE in practice" could be excelent forum for blogs about creating projects, but it looks like it's used the wrong way. It's just a compliance of two forums: "Help" (about 80%) and "Showcase" (20%). I mean, all topics from this forum could be classified to Help or Showcase. It's weird forum.

So, if you want to have your own place, where you can tell about your project, show work screens and discuss your problems, there should be a place for this. Of course you can ask separate questions in Help, and show your results in Showcase, but I think, that if we unify all this in one thread, there will be a good story of creation and overcoming.

In order to do this, we can either create new forum "Blogs" or rename and clean "Using OGRE in practice" via sending it's topics to Help or Showcase.

Let's discuss!
Klaim
Old One

Re: User blogs forum

Post by Klaim »

Maybe a "project logs" forum would be more correct? TIGSource and SFML forums have these and people create one thread for each project and give progress to the community. But then not sure if it's worth it with people around here. Would there be enough project for this?

Personnally I have a lot of work to do with Ogre for my project so I woudln't mind use one but then the different problems I want to fix might be hard to track as they would be all in one thread instead of one thread per problem. Or maybe I would only log info about the project relative to ogre and post problems in other posts...like I do now but I don't have a showcase thread because it's not really interesting visually (except for camera movements)