how to add transition effet between scenes switching?

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
fla666
Greenskin

how to add transition effet between scenes switching?

Post by fla666 »

i want to add some transiton effet when switching scenes from each other ,for example ,last scene would disappear with ease out effect and then new scene presented with ease in effect,can somebody give me some suggestion ? Thanks a lot
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Re: how to add transition effet between scenes switching?

Post by frostbyte »

youl'e need to use the Compositor framework in order to do post effects on a given viewport
you have sample for post effects in ogre's SampleBrowser and maybe in tutorial framework( lesson 1-10 ) -but i'm not sure
any way ogre has lots of tutorials/snipplets and reading stuff( wiki ) plus a great forum search - so good luck... :wink:
please also try the wiki-snipplets... maybe there's a fade-in/out shader snipplet...
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: how to add transition effet between scenes switching?

Post by spacegaier »

To elaborate a bit on the previous answer: You would need of course the two different scenes (and therefore most likely two different scene managers) and in each one you will have a camera whose viewport is rendered to a texture (see RTT tutorial in the wiki). The two resulting textures can then be combined in a compositor (where you can use a shader to achieve any transition effect you want).
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...