OGRE+CEGUI basicTutorial7

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Prosorinos
Gnoblar

OGRE+CEGUI basicTutorial7

Post by Prosorinos »

Greetings,

i am trying to install cegui. I use OgreSDK_vc11_v1-9-0, CEGUI-0.7.9. I managed to install it with a previous version of Ogre the 1.8.1 although i can't use the framework since its 1.9. I read somewhere to edit the 1.9 framework but i am sort of newbie :-( . Anyway when i try to build the projects it builds all of them except the CEGUIOgreRenderer. Something with Ogre::texturePtr isnt working right. On the other hand with 1.8.1 everything works fine. i use this video as guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWm5aec8xkE
and the
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... ding+CEGUI
i am honestly lost at the moment.. i can post any logs from the building process. Any help appreciated. thank you for your time.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: OGRE+CEGUI basicTutorial7

Post by spacegaier »

Well without any logs or detailed error messages, how are we supposed to help ;) ?
Something with Ogre::texturePtr isnt working right
...is not going to cut it.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi,

Without providing code snippets on actual code you're doing, the type of error you're having (Compiler error? crash? graphic corruption??), a call stack and the Ogre.log it's nearly impossible to help you.
Prosorinos
Gnoblar

Post by Prosorinos »

I managed to do some more stuff.I did everything tutorial7 says, with the ogre and CEGUI i mention above. I use visual studio 2012 express. I get 1 error saying:

Code: Select all

Error	1	error C2371: 'Ogre::TexturePtr' : redefinition; different basic types	c:\ogresdk\ceguisdk\include\cegui\renderermodules\ogre\ceguiogrerenderer.h	57	1	Win32Project1
edit: forgot to mention that i used OGRE SDK 1.8.1 to build the CEGUI cause i couldnt build it with OGRE 1.9.0.
thank you for your time.