d3dx9 dll conflict problem

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
zhangyi
Gnoblar

d3dx9 dll conflict problem

Post by zhangyi »

Hi all:
Now my application is 32bit exe program under window platform with ogre2.0, d3dx9, and it works well.
I have a problem about the dependence d3dx9 dll conflict of 32bit and 64bit, when enabling my application to support 32bit(x86) and 64bit(x64) platform at the same time.
I keep two exe files with different name(such as myapplication_x86.exe and myapplication_x64.exe) in the same application directory.
And i can't put both 32bit and 64bit of d3dx9 dll(such as D3DX9_37.dll,D3DX9_38.dll,D3DX9_39.dll ...) in my application directory, because of the same dll file name.

I tried to put all 32bit d3dx9 dlls to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and put all 64bit d3dx9 dlls to C:\Windows\System32.
And both myapplication_x86.exe and myapplication_x64.exe can work well.
But I think it looks badly.
Is there anybody who has same situation like me?
Any other idea is welcome!

By the way, because of some reasons, I must put both myapplication_x86.exe and myapplication_x64.exe in the same application directory.

Thanks!
loath
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Re: d3dx9 dll conflict problem

Post by loath »

it's very unusual to keep both platforms in the same directory. why can't you create an x64 and x86 folder and have the binaries sit there?
zhangyi
Gnoblar

Re: d3dx9 dll conflict problem

Post by zhangyi »

A lot of problems about relative path is why i keep both platforms in the same directory before.
Now problem is solved.
Thanks for your reply.