create *.mesh file by Easy Ogre Exporter

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
ali_lak
Gnoblar

create *.mesh file by Easy Ogre Exporter

Post by ali_lak »

Hi.
I'm using Easy Ogre Exporter to create *.mesh files from 3dmax files.
my problem:
i want to create just one mesh file for the model.
my model have some objects so the exporter creates some mesh files.
i know that i can use "attach" method in 3dmax but in this way it's not possible to create a model that contains animations too. isn't it? :?:

actually i want to create a file like "robot.mesh" (the Robot that used in tutorials) that contain all of mesh & material & animations for all the model. :)
how it is possible?

Thanks a lot for your answers. :D
shadowfeign
Goblin

Re: create *.mesh file by Easy Ogre Exporter

Post by shadowfeign »

Whenever you rotate or move a whole object, whether it is an arm or a building it is not really considered an animation, but part of a scene. I'm assuming something like dot scene would store some of this info, but for individual character animation what you are wanting is to set up bones for each limb. If you skin all verts per limb to a single bone you will get your robotic look still.
ali_lak
Gnoblar

Post by ali_lak »

shadowfeign wrote:Whenever you rotate or move a whole object, whether it is an arm or a building it is not really considered an animation, but part of a scene. I'm assuming something like dot scene would store some of this info, but for individual character animation what you are wanting is to set up bones for each limb. If you skin all verts per limb to a single bone you will get your robotic look still.
Thanks for your answer.
my mean was how it's possible to create a mesh file that contain all of the model.
my mesh files just have a single part of model.
is it possible? like the robot.mesh of ogre.

i'm sorry for my bad English.
shadowfeign
Goblin

Post by shadowfeign »

Well you were on the right track earlier. You need to attach the objects, then you use bones to animate it.
ali_lak
Gnoblar

Post by ali_lak »

shadowfeign wrote:Well you were on the right track earlier. You need to attach the objects, then you use bones to animate it.
Thank you very much.
i found how to use "bones" to animate a model.
but i need to know names of bones. :?:
Apparently i can to use ogreXmlconverter to create *.xml files from my *.mesh & *.skeleton files and read the name of bones from there.
but when i try to use ogreXmlconverter, and open it , it closes quickly :!: :!:
what is the problem.

thanks again.
(Note: I'm sorry for my bad English)