Walaber's Trampoline v1.0 [released]

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Excellent! :)
fredje
Gnoblar

Post by fredje »

Hello there,

congratulations with this great game. I've been addicted to this game for a while and I can perform some great tricks now.
I'm a gymnast myself and to make the game even more realistic (in my point of view) I also changed the settings in 'game.cfg'. But now I have another question, as gymnasts know, there is an other position in trampoline-world possible, the 'puck position'. It's somewhere between the tuck and layout and allows you to twist in that position as well.
Is there a way to create this position changing the settings in one of the files.
Please let me know.
Keep on jumping...
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
crimechimp1
Gnoblar

I need help!

Post by crimechimp1 »

i load up walabers trampoline and it works great, then as soon as i go to enter a game, and error message appears and says some thing like "an exception has been thrown" and something about d3d9 render system and description of; "Failed to draw primitve : Invalid call"

Anyone else got this problem/know how to solve it? Thanks.
"There is no Spoon" - Myg0t CS kid
scottyboi2k6
Gnoblar

problem

Post by scottyboi2k6 »

hey Walaber nice game iv seen the screenshots but when i try and download the game it doesnt load after iv installed it, xp shouldnt be a problem right?
thanks
Freaq
Gnoblar

hey

Post by Freaq »

Hey Walaber it´s me again. Can you tell me when there will be a new game or an update to the trampoline game? I really would like to play another part of this fantastic game!!^^
cya :D
walaber
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by walaber »

thanks for the comments everyone! I am working on an update to the game that will have some new character models, and allow for different localized versions of the game to be distributed. I have the game up and running in Japanese now, so that will be the first non-English version of the game.

in other news, I hooked up a Nintendo Wii remote to feed input into the game yesterday (using the awesome GlovePIE program), and the results were pretty cool!

check out the youtube link, or visit my blog for the full post.
:arrow: YouTube direct link

:arrow: http://walaber.blogspot.com
Go Go Gadget OGRE!!
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

That is beyond insane. :D

Now if you could port it to the Wii, you'd make billions!
jomunoz
Goblin

Post by jomunoz »

betajaen wrote:That is beyond insane. :D

Now if you could port it to the Wii, you'd make billions!
mmm, i wonder what it takes to get a game in the Wii virtual console. :?:
Fenrir
Gnoblar

Post by Fenrir »

walaber wrote:I have the game up and running in Japanese now, so that will be the first non-English version of the game.
Hi there, I'm an rl-friend of Freaq. He showed me your great game and I've beaten it too.
But what I wanted to say is I started translating it into german...
But with about half the tasks-localization, the game wouldn't start anymore. I'll upload both files (comps and tasks) halfway done for you to have a look at them. Please tell me what I did wrong^^

Competitions (fully translated)
Tasksets (translated the first 6 tasks)

EDIT:
For those who want to try 'em out:
You may have to edit you characters for being able to redo the tasks and competitions, 'cause the game will save the names of the tasks and comps beaten...
walaber
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by walaber »

wow, thanks for the interest in the game!

there are some bugs in the game dealing with translation... it's also possible you made a mistake somewhere in the file that is causing the crash.

I am (slowly) working on an updated version of the game that will allow for display of many different character sets (including Japanese).

However the crash you are experiencing is probably because of a problem in the text that causes the crash. I wish I had more time right now to investigate.. :?
Go Go Gadget OGRE!!
Fenrir
Gnoblar

Post by Fenrir »

I've looked it through again and found a number of typos, but nothing else^^
It still won't work -.-'

But I'm not especially skilled in programming, so I may have done errors with the tags I don't know...
JeDi
Gnome

Post by JeDi »

Maybe it has to to with some umlauts and stuff that aren't supported in this version of the game?
Fenrir
Gnoblar

Post by Fenrir »

I thougt so too, but if there are any umlauts in the texts, the game just skips them. It makes, e.g. rückwärts (backwards) to rckwrts and so on...
But thanks for participating^^
Freaq
Gnoblar

Hey there!

Post by Freaq »

I did the most difficult routine (18.5 points degree of difficulty) by Jason Burnett in the modded version of the game. I posted a video on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UeI2yZGUQE
cya :D
Fenrir
Gnoblar

Post by Fenrir »

At http://www.modded-trampolining.de.vu/ we've uploaded the changed "game.cfg" as well as other things improving the game even further and instructions how to mod some files on your own. Feel free to download them. Have fun.
John Rieler
Gnoblar

Trampoline Video Game? Nice but nothing like the real deal.

Post by John Rieler »

My parents bought us a trampoline when we were kids and that was probably the best gift they ever got us. Have all the game makers run out of ideas or what? I have kids of my own now and we purchased a large Titan Extreme III for the whole family and it sure beats sitting inside playing a game like this. Kids spend too much time inside on games and especially if they can go out and have a great time playing and exercising, I say, get the real thing. Trampolines are great for kids but they belong in the real world, not on some screen. hehehe.
SunSailor
Gnoll

Post by SunSailor »

John Rieler, sorry, but what is the motivation for your extremly stupid post? What has the great game of Walaber to do with your ambition to raise your kids? Right, nothing. Trampoline is a great effort for an open source game and doesn't need to be lowered by any idealistic "kids should play in the real world"-blabla, really. If you don't have to supply something useful, simply take your way and discuss this in a parent forum, not in a game developers forum.
Fenrir
Gnoblar

Post by Fenrir »

John Rieler wrote:...
I think that most of those who actually play Walaber's Trampoline also jump(ed) in their rl.
But just look at the homepage of Eurotramp (the best trampolines imo) or Rebound to see what such things cost.
I'm jumping in my club as well as playing Walaber's. You are right with saying that one should jump in rl, but clubs aren't open all the time...
Sure, real action is more fun than the computerversion, but still, Walaber's is a great game and is almost as much fun as the real thing.

SunSailor wrote:John Rieler, sorry, but what is the motivation for your extremly stupid post? What has the great game of Walaber to do with your ambition to raise your kids? Right, nothing. Trampoline is a great effort for an open source game and doesn't need to be lowered by any idealistic "kids should play in the real world"-blabla, really. If you don't have to supply something useful, simply take your way and discuss this in a parent forum, not in a game developers forum.

qft
Last edited by Fenrir on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostzac
Gnoblar

Post by lostzac »

Very well done, I liked the concept, and it is a refreshing change from the normal..(just watched the vid). I am gonna downlaod this otnight and give it a run.
Aladrin
Orc

Post by Aladrin »

SunSailor wrote:John Rieler, sorry, but what is the motivation...
Please do not feed the trolls. He created an account to post a single inflammatory post and managed to get you all riled up. He doesn't really care about trampolines, and if he did, that's still just his opinion. I personally would not risk life and limb on a trampoline when there are much safer activities that I find as much fun. (Yes, I had a trampoline as a kid. It was very dangerous.)

And in the end, NONE of that matters. This is not a forum to debate the worth of video games vs physical exercise.

Again, please do not feed the trolls. Once they get a taste, they never forget it.
danharibo
Minaton

Re: Trampoline Video Game? Nice but nothing like the real de

Post by danharibo »

John Rieler wrote:My parents bought us a trampoline when we were kids and that was probably the best gift they ever got us. Have all the game makers run out of ideas or what? I have kids of my own now and we purchased a large Titan Extreme III for the whole family and it sure beats sitting inside playing a game like this. Kids spend too much time inside on games and especially if they can go out and have a great time playing and exercising, I say, get the real thing. Trampolines are great for kids but they belong in the real world, not on some screen. hehehe.
If you want to stop kids using the computer to play games, it's best if you don't do it on the internet.
Freaq
Gnoblar

Hey there!

Post by Freaq »

I just wanted to ask how the next game is? I can´t wait to play a new version of you excellent game!!! cya
walaber
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by walaber »

I am still (slowly!) working on a (small) update for Trampoline, that will replace the girl character with a better model, and improve the game a bit so that it can be easily localized into other languages. When I release it I plan to release a Japanese language version of the game as well.
Go Go Gadget OGRE!!
stodge
Goblin

Post by stodge »

SunSailor wrote:John Rieler, sorry, but what is the motivation for your extremly stupid post? What has the great game of Walaber to do with your ambition to raise your kids? Right, nothing. Trampoline is a great effort for an open source game and doesn't need to be lowered by any idealistic "kids should play in the real world"-blabla, really. If you don't have to supply something useful, simply take your way and discuss this in a parent forum, not in a game developers forum.
Pot, kettle, black.

Walaber - amazing game! You're the Wii of the game developer world! :lol:

(I should learn the spell)
What does the debugger tell you? You *are* using a debugger, right??