WiiSticks [wii remote + physics]

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Zeal
Ogre Magi

Post by Zeal »

Well I ordered one of those usb bluetooth adapters (the one mentioned on page one), and got my wiimote, but im not having any luck getting my pc to recognize it. Im using the latest version of BlueSoleil (2.3 evaluation version if that matters). I have lights on my bluetooth adapter (so I guess thats working), but when I try and use the "Bluetooth Device Discovery" on BlueSoleil it says no "No new device found".

I DO have batteries in the wiimote... are there supposed to be any lights on the wiimote?

Any ideas?
SunSailor
Gnoll

Post by SunSailor »

At least the batterie leds on the bottom should flash, if you press the A-button.
Zeal
Ogre Magi

Post by Zeal »

"Batterie leds"? At the bottom of my wiimote i have 4 little lights, but i think thats just to indicate what 'player' you are. Ive tried two sets of batteries and get no lights anywhere. Where is this led light again?

*nevermind, I reseated the nunchuck attachment and I have lights now. looks like its being detected now too.

Cool thanks

*ok still one last problem. I see the wiimote in the BlueSoleil window (called Nintendo RVL-CNT), however, according to pjcast...
After the bluesoliel discovers the wiimote, you have to right click on the wiimote icon in the control panel there, and then activate HID services for it.
When I rightclick the wiimote icon I only have options to "Refresh Services" or "Pair Device", both of which fail with a "Service Discovery Failed" error. The only other option is "Status" and "Properties", but I dont see anywhere where I can "activate HID services".

*edit

All is well. I followed the tutorial on WiiLi which tipped me off to the fact that you need to hold buttons 1+2 to put the wiimote into 'discovery mode' before you can refresh the services.

Everything works great now. My only complaint - I wish I could hold the wiimote in my right hand (for the wiimote + nunchuck controls). Walaber must be a lefty :p
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

Sorry if you mentioned it already, but what library did you use for Wii input?
dodongoxp
Halfling

Post by dodongoxp »

i think the most recent OIS can handle the wiimote..

but i may be wrong as i havent tried myself :roll:
Cheers!! :D
David Segovia
KungFooMasta
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by KungFooMasta »

I posted this in OIS somewhere, dug it up for you:

http://www.alanmacek.com/usb/

Do a search and copy these files to ois\src\win32\extras\WiiMote:
HID.LIB
HIDPI.H
HIDSDI.H
HIDUSAGE.H
SetupAPI.H
SetupAPI.LIB

Make sure the preprocessor definition OIS_WIN32_WIIMOTE_SUPPORT is added to the OIS project, or that this is defined in code.
Creator of QuickGUI!
deficite
Gremlin

Post by deficite »

[delete this message plz]
Last edited by deficite on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walaber
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by walaber »

I used a modified version of cWiiMote for Wiisticks, but that was before OIS fully supported the Wiimote.
Go Go Gadget OGRE!!