Base Command - finished game

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
mickeyren
Greenskin

Base Command - finished game

Post by mickeyren »

Hey guys

Pretty please try my game! Its a finished OGRE powered game complete with a leaderboard! So your scores would compete with the rest!

The download comes complete with both source and executable.

And because I want everyone to download and check my source code out - I describe briefly how I created the game at my personal site.

There's also more screen shots plus a short video of the game on that page.

Have fun guys and do let me know how it goes! Don't forget to submit your score!
Nauk
Gnoll

Re: Base Command - finished game

Post by Nauk »

I just had to try it seeing you used artifex as terrain editor made me curious :) and after playing it for a bit, I must say well done, you made a fun little game there, nice gameplay, also a good idea with the highscore list - I will post a score once I trained myself up a bit :D

Edit: You definately succeded to catch the spirit of Missile Command.
mickeyren
Greenskin

Re: Base Command - finished game

Post by mickeyren »

Nauk wrote:I just had to try it seeing you used artifex as terrain editor made me curious :) and after playing it for a bit, I must say well done, you made a fun little game there, nice gameplay, also a good idea with the highscore list - I will post a score once I trained myself up a bit :D
Yeah - I had to create a level where the turret can be placed somewhere elevated and the houses somewhere lower so it can be seen from above. I used yours :) In fact I used your coverage map as well haha - and didn't bothered creating my own coverage maps.
Nauk wrote:Edit: You definately succeded to catch the spirit of Missile Command.
Really? I didn't thought of that. Thanks! And no worries just submit your scores its just for fun :)