MeshPainter 0.1

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
cin
Kobold

MeshPainter 0.1

Post by cin »

MeshPainter
  • Draw on mesh.
  • Select active texture.
  • Custom brushes.
  • Select color from swatches or by sliders.
Some features is not implemented yet.

Links fixed 26.02.2013
Sources (400kb):
http://ogre3d.su/MeshPainterSrc.rar

And Exe:
http://ogre3d.su/MeshPainterEXE.rar
Last edited by cin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
wilson77
Halfling

Re: MeshPainter 0.1

Post by wilson77 »

You may want to consider using a file hoster that doesnt require users to register with/supply info to or vist a number of external "advertising" sites to download the file. ( They attempted to re-route me to a number of different advertising sites to "help pay for their site due to my being international traffic" before they would let me download your file. )

I would really like to see your program in action as it sounds very interesting, but I am not comfortable providing my personal details to random international internet advertising companies. :)

PS. Screenshots will be nice too, Ill look forward to seeing them when you get them up.
Everything takes time.... Its a crying shame there is never enough of it...
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

And I need some tip for optimize drawing on mesh with big texture (1024, 2048). Who known how to make it more fast?
Also I plan make "projection mode" drawing. If you have some idea, post here it.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

MeshPainter.png
Great work, Cin! :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
wilson77
Halfling

Post by wilson77 »

Very Nice. That looks like you have put alot of work into it, very tidy looking interface too, which I like. This will be quite handy for adding those little extra touches to a model's texture, or a number of other things that come to mind aswell ;)

PS. Cheers for changing the file host, I really appreciate the effort you have made. :)
Everything takes time.... Its a crying shame there is never enough of it...
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

I code it 5 days and use some code posted in Ogre forum... :)
I continue work...
CarloMaker
Gnoblar

Post by CarloMaker »

Many many thanks cin...
just a question... i unkown image manipulation... so i try to use a dds (DXT5) ... but unfortenly take a uniplemented Error in PixelUtil::UnPackColor ...
i need to merge dds texture on fly (runtime)... someone could give me some point on right direction ? thanks and sorry for my english..
SOOORY FOOOR MMMY ENGLISHSS :)
Ogre 1.8 - Physx 3.3 - - Poco 1.7
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

In ModifyTexture you need get format of texture and set it when you pack colour. May be some slow (pack/unpack), use XRGB texture formats of texture (uncompressed) or when save make new texture with compressed format (but work tex must be uncompressed). When I restore my comp, I done this.
Experts of this forum can help for you.
CarloMaker
Gnoblar

Post by CarloMaker »

cin wrote:In ModifyTexture you need get format of texture and set it when you pack colour. May be some slow (pack/unpack), use XRGB texture formats of texture (uncompressed) or when save make new texture with compressed format (but work tex must be uncompressed). When I restore my comp, I done this.
Experts of this forum can help for you.
Thanks cin...but i need to use compressed texture in order to improve performance (although I have not experienced differences)
SOOORY FOOOR MMMY ENGLISHSS :)
Ogre 1.8 - Physx 3.3 - - Poco 1.7
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

When you open texture you need convert to XRGB format.
Paint on it.
When you save, convert to compressed format.
my.name
Goblin

Post by my.name »

я всегда говорил что ты молодец =)
SuperMegaMau
Greenskin

Post by SuperMegaMau »

hi,

Nice project you have here, I will certainly take a look at the code and probably use some of it in my own projects :D. I have a question though, how is the painting interacting with the UV's of the model? I guess you can't have overlapping UV's and all triangles must be the same size. Or, in this case you have a completely new UV set just for the hand paint?

Thanks, and good work!!
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

While I was busy with a project of its game engine. You can modify the code as you wish, make new functions. I do not have at the time.
SuperMegaMau, the program uses the texture coordinates of the model, the UV-mappings, and their modification is not implemented.
Last edited by cin on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyritie
Gnome

Post by Pyritie »

Ooh, snazzy!
I use Mogre, BulletSharp, LuaNetInterface, irrKlang, and Miyagi! | Ponykart (Showcase)
ModelTheMasses
Gnoblar

Post by ModelTheMasses »

cin wrote:While I was busy with a project of its game engine. You can modify the code as you wish, make new functions. I do not have at the time.
SuperMegaMau, the program uses the texture coordinates of the model, the UV-mappings, or their modification is not implemented.
This is awesome. I absolutely hate it when people wont allow modifications and tweaks. Unless it is some kind of confidential package that is going to blow the minds of people worldwide I would love if every piece of information was treated as opensource so we could build this up together, not independently from one another. It would be really cool if we could run a YouTube downloader to check on the traffic of people coming in and making modifications.
Last edited by ModelTheMasses on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

You can use the code for this application as you need. I am ready to take part in joint work on this program's, but only if people are going Interested in developing this program.
I did the initial sketch. If you need, you can finish the program and implement all the functionality you need.

Old links here:

Sources (Full) (400kb):
http://uploadbox.com/files/0c3f1cfa08

And Exe:
http://uploadbox.com/files/edfe764743

I apologize if I misunderstood you. English is not my native language. My native language is Russian.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

I just wanted to give it a try, since this looks like something I could really need, but I wasn't able to load any mesh file (also tried those coming with the Ogre SDK). A crash happens with both render systems on Win7 x64. Last log lines are:
14:01:32: Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
14:01:32: DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread main.
14:01:32: Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
14:01:32: Creating resource group Brushes
14:01:32: Added resource location 'C:\Users\Philip\Desktop\MeshPainter\MeshPainter\brushes\' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Brushes'
14:01:32: Initialising resource group Brushes
14:01:32: Parsing scripts for resource group Brushes
14:01:32: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Brushes
14:01:35: Creating resource group MeshPainterResGroup
14:01:35: Added resource location 'D:\OgreSDK 1.7\media\models\' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'MeshPainterResGroup'
14:01:35: Initialising resource group MeshPainterResGroup
14:01:35: Parsing scripts for resource group MeshPainterResGroup
14:01:35: Finished parsing scripts for resource group MeshPainterResGroup
14:01:35: Mesh: Loading Barrel.mesh.
14:01:35: Can't assign material RustyBarrel to SubEntity of PainterEntity because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

Materials must be in one folder with model.
cin
Kobold

MeshPainter 0.1

Post by cin »

Links to download fixed.