[Zlib/libPNG] SimpleSSAO - 1 Line SSAO | Now on BitBucket!

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
ppClarity
Gremlin

Re: SimpleSSAO - 1 Line SSAO

Post by ppClarity »

It compiles and runs fine, thanks.
Senzin
Halfling

Post by Senzin »

Thanks for doing this, Mind Calamity!

I have a question though.

In your post, you pointed to nullsquared's older version he posted in 2007: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47927

But 8 months later in 2008 he posted a new version: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47927

Which version did you actually implement here? What's the difference between the two? Which is better?
Senzin
Halfling

Post by Senzin »

From looking at the code, it's pretty clear this is based of the second version. The links in the description (as well as the pics) should probably be updated.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Senzin wrote:From looking at the code, it's pretty clear this is based of the second version. The links in the description (as well as the pics) should probably be updated.
I think the mirrors were down for the first version at that time, so I used the second version - the one with the compositors.

Anyway, thanks for your comment, I really needed to update this, but never got the time. (I still need to update other things as well :D )

Update log in first post. Now the source and precompiled demo is hosted on BitBucket and I changed the license to zlib so it's much less restrictive. :)
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt