[Particle Effects] HellHeavenFX Ogre Plugin

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
maxdelphi
Gnoblar

Re: [Particle Effects] HellHeavenFX Ogre Plugin

Post by maxdelphi »

Hello popcorn's team, this is really amazing!!!...

Is this program (The renderer window) made with Ogre and C++?

Thanks
shenjoku
Gremlin

Post by shenjoku »

Is there still no support for Mac yet? I can't seem to find any information anywhere other than "PC and Console" from the wiki. We want to support Windows and Mac at a minimum so if there isn't Mac support then I guess we can't use it.

Also, will this work with VS2013? We're planning on switching to that soon so if it doesn't then I guess we're out of luck there as well.
nickG
Greenskin

Post by nickG »

please,add version for vs2013
suny2000
Halfling

Post by suny2000 »

I'm experiencing weird behaviors when using OGL : the particles are going in different directions than in D3D...
It seems that the directions are switched (Z is Y etc...).

I'm also wondering if the team behind PopcornFX is going to continue to support their great library with Ogre, as they closed their public forum on their website and are not visiting this one anymore...
S.
http://bulostudio.com: website and devlog of a small indie studio working on SHMUP CREATOR
https://twitter.com/bulostudio : follow me on twitter!
Lucky13xi
Gnoblar

Post by Lucky13xi »

Anyone else having troubles integrating this into their own project? I'm having great difficulty for something that is supposed to be relatively easy. I've followed the sample app to a T, and I the most progress I have made is an explosion in my scene that is all types of wrong.

One of my main concerns is I am getting a strange pop up anytime I try to create/load the popcorn stuff. The editor creates a pop up window that tells me there is no CD in the drive and to please insert one. Usually after pressing cancel a couple times it goes away and the program will run with no issue.

My second big issue is what I found in my ogre log.

Code: Select all

01:42:36: Parsing scripts for resource group Popcorn
01:42:36: Parsing script PopcornOgre.program
01:42:37: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
01:42:37: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLBlackAndWhiteVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
Now to my knowledge this file does not exist. However, if I compile the program given by Popcorn this does error does not show up in the log, and the program runs perfectly fine though I still do receive a no CD in the drive error :?

It is pretty late here, and I can post some screenshots tomorrow if they are needed as well as more info. But let me leave by asking if there is anyone out there that can please help me help out, even d nice step by step guide on how to implement properly would be great. Anything, please! I'm losing my mind! Thanks in advance. Also, I am building against Ogre 1.8.1 and using VS 2010.
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

Lucky13xi wrote:Anyone else having troubles integrating this into their own project? I'm having great difficulty for something that is supposed to be relatively easy. I've followed the sample app to a T, and I the most progress I have made is an explosion in my scene that is all types of wrong.

One of my main concerns is I am getting a strange pop up anytime I try to create/load the popcorn stuff. The editor creates a pop up window that tells me there is no CD in the drive and to please insert one. Usually after pressing cancel a couple times it goes away and the program will run with no issue.

My second big issue is what I found in my ogre log.

01:42:37: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
01:42:37: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLBlackAndWhiteVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
Now to my knowledge this file does not exist. However, if I compile the program given by Popcorn this does error does not show up in the log, and the program runs perfectly fine though I still do receive a no CD in the drive error :?

It is pretty late here, and I can post some screenshots tomorrow if they are needed as well as more info. But let me leave by asking if there is anyone out there that can please help me help out, even d nice step by step guide on how to implement properly would be great. Anything, please! I'm losing my mind! Thanks in advance. Also, I am building against Ogre 1.8.1 and using VS 2010.
I had answered a similar question to someone who had problems integrating PPFX.
Check your steps with my instructions in the post http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79695
Hope it helps. :)

Regards

Insider
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Not sure how good of an idea it is to keep using PopcornFX, as they don't seem to be monitoring this thread, and haven't replied in a long time. I even tweeted them a few months ago asking if they were going to continue supporting OGRE and got no reply.
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

Mind Calamity wrote:Not sure how good of an idea it is to keep using PopcornFX, as they don't seem to be monitoring this thread, and haven't replied in a long time. I even tweeted them a few months ago asking if they were going to continue supporting OGRE and got no reply.
Yup it is disappointing that they don't monitor their own threads, forums, or private IMs, but it is a fantastic particle effects solution, would hate to see it marked as discontinued :(
Well guess we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope the HHFX/PPFX team surprises us some day :D
Lucky13xi
Gnoblar

Post by Lucky13xi »

Thanks for the link insider, but I actually managed to stumble across that before and in fact that's what I used as my base to get it implemented in the first place. I'm wondering if it's because I am using a modified game loop for Ogre and I am trying to build Popcorn in one class then use it in my main loop.
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

Lucky13xi wrote:Thanks for the link insider, but I actually managed to stumble across that before and in fact that's what I used as my base to get it implemented in the first place. I'm wondering if it's because I am using a modified game loop for Ogre and I am trying to build Popcorn in one class then use it in my main loop.
Lucky13xi wrote:

One quick check could you unzip the archive I have attached and paste the media folder in the directory where the exe is being built and then get back to me. :)
http://www.4shared.com/archive/SqzifXpnce/media.html
Lucky13xi
Gnoblar

Post by Lucky13xi »

insider wrote:
Lucky13xi wrote:Thanks for the link insider, but I actually managed to stumble across that before and in fact that's what I used as my base to get it implemented in the first place. I'm wondering if it's because I am using a modified game loop for Ogre and I am trying to build Popcorn in one class then use it in my main loop.
Lucky13xi wrote:

One quick check could you unzip the archive I have attached and paste the media folder in the directory where the exe is being built and then get back to me. :)

Tried and got the same output as before. This is what the Ogre.log looks like still

OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLBlackAndWhiteVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Named constants have not been initialised, perhaps a compile error. in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreGpuProgramParams.cpp (line 1441)
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(24): setting of constant failed
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLDistortionVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Named constants have not been initialised, perhaps a compile error. in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreGpuProgramParams.cpp (line 1441)
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(79): setting of constant failed
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgre.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/GLSLTexturedVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgre.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(231): setting of constant failed
I have no idea why it is looking for that file, but it wants to no matter what.
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

Lucky13xi wrote:
insider wrote:
Lucky13xi wrote:

Tried and got the same output as before. This is what the Ogre.log looks like still

19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLBlackAndWhiteVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(24): setting of constant failed
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgrePostEffect.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/Program/GLSLDistortionVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(79): setting of constant failed
19:14:24: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgre.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: High-level program PopcornOgre/GLSLTexturedVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource PopcornOgre.glsl in resource group Popcorn or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
19:14:24: Compiler error: invalid parameters in PopcornOgre.program(231): setting of constant failed
I have no idea why it is looking for that file, but it wants to no matter what.

Here's what my Ogre log looks like.

15:32:51: All done
15:32:51: [PKFX] ---------- preload texture hardware gamma ----------
15:32:51: Loading resource group 'Popcorn' - Resources: 1 World Geometry: 1
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'falloff.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow2.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'grid.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: Finished loading resource group Popcorn
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load falloff.dds as texture...
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load PopcornOgre.compositor as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'compositor' image format.
Supported formats are: 3fr arw bay bmp bmq cap cine cr2 crw cs1 cut dc2 dcr dds dng drf dsc erf exr fff g3 gif hdr ia ico iff iiq j2c j2k jif jng jp2 jpe jpeg jpg k25 kc2 kdc koa lbm mdc mef mng mos mrw nef nrw orf pbm pcd pct pcx pef pfm pgm pic pict png ppm psd ptx pxn qtk raf ras raw rdc rw2 rwl rwz sgi sr2 srf srw sti targa tga tif tiff wap wbm wbmp xbm xpm. in Codec::getCodec at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreCodec.cpp (line 69)
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load PopcornOgre.hlsl as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'hlsl' image format.
Supported formats are: 3fr arw bay bmp bmq cap cine cr2 crw cs1 cut dc2 dcr dds dng drf dsc erf exr fff g3 gif hdr ia ico iff iiq j2c j2k jif jng jp2 jpe jpeg jpg k25 kc2 kdc koa lbm mdc mef mng mos mrw nef nrw orf pbm pcd pct pcx pef pfm pgm pic pict png ppm psd ptx pxn qtk raf ras raw rdc rw2 rwl rwz sgi sr2 srf srw sti targa tga tif tiff wap wbm wbmp xbm xpm. in Codec::getCodec at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreCodec.cpp (line 69)
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load PopcornOgre.material as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'material' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load PopcornOgre.program as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'program' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load PopcornOgrePostEffect.hlsl as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'hlsl' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load grid.dds as texture...
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load grid.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: grid.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load HHFXSample.hlsl as texture...
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load HHFXSample.material as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'material' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load HHFXSample.program as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'program' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load Alpha0.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Alpha0.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow2.dds as texture...
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow2.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: big_glow2.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow3.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow3.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow3.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: big_glow3.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow3d.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow3d.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow4.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow4.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow5b.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow5b.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow6.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow6.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow6Alpha.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: big_glow6Alpha.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow6d.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'big_glow6d.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load big_glow6RGB.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: big_glow6RGB.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load bubble.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'bubble.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load test_12345.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: test_12345.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load test_12345_gray.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: test_12345_gray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load 3DNoise.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : '3DNoise.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load Black.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Black.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load diffuse.png as texture...
15:32:51: Texture: diffuse.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load Distort.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Distort.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load NMap_Flat.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'NMap_Flat.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load Overdraw.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Overdraw.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load Purple.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Purple.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load White.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'White.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load BlastPack.dds as texture...
15:32:51: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'BlastPack.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load BlastPack.txt as texture...
15:32:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'txt' image format.
15:32:51: [PKFX] Trying to load BlastPack_Extended.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'BlastPack_Extended.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load BlastPack_Extended.txt as texture...
15:32:52: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'txt' image format.
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load falloff1.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'falloff1.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load RainDeform_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'RainDeform_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load RainDropsDeform_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'RainDropsDeform_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load RainDrops_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'RainDrops_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load RainDrop_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'RainDrop_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load SmokeBlend_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'SmokeBlend_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load SnowFlake_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'SnowFlake_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load SnowFlake_02.png as texture...
15:32:52: Texture: SnowFlake_02.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load WaterRingDeform_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'WaterRingDeform_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load WaterRing_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'WaterRing_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load LightningOrb_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'LightningOrb_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load LightRays_02.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'LightRays_02.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Orb_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Orb_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load ParticleDeformBlur_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'ParticleDeformBlur_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Ring_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Ring_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Ring_02.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Ring_02.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Ring_03.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Ring_03.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Thunder_01.dds as texture...
15:32:52: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'Thunder_01.dds' with 2147483647 mip map levels
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Thunder_01.txt as texture...
15:32:52: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Can not find codec for 'txt' image format.
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load water.tga as texture...
15:32:52: Texture: water.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
15:32:52: [PKFX] Trying to load Water_circle.tga as texture...
15:32:52: Texture: Water_circle.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
15:32:52: [PKFX] ---------- done ----------
I noticed something your log wasn't prefixed by PKFX and I found something after looking at my project.
Here's the default Popcorn resource group setup.
Check if its there in your createScene()

If not try adding the below code as it is.

LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage(LML_NORMAL, "[PKFX] ---------- preload texture hardware gamma ----------");

// ok then, load all the textures in the HellHeaven resource group
	Ogre::String resourceGroup("Popcorn");

ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().initialiseAllResourceGroups();
	ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().loadResourceGroup(resourceGroup);

StringVectorPtr strVectorPtr = ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().listResourceNames(resourceGroup);

for (unsigned int i = 0; i < strVectorPtr->size(); ++i)
	{
		Ogre::String texName = strVectorPtr->at(i);

try
		{
			LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage(LML_NORMAL, "[PKFX] Trying to load " + texName + " as texture...");

// should load all the textures with gamma correction 
			// except the ones used for distortion post effect
			if (!texName.compare("ParticleDeformBlur_01.dds") ||
				!texName.compare("RainDeform_01.dds") ||
				!texName.compare("RainDropsDeform_01.dds"))
			{
				TexturePtr pTex = TextureManager::getSingleton().load(
					texName, resourceGroup,
					TEX_TYPE_2D, MIP_DEFAULT,
					1.0f, false, PF_UNKNOWN, false);
			}
			else
			{
				// gamma corrected
				TexturePtr pTex = TextureManager::getSingleton().load(
					texName, resourceGroup,
					TEX_TYPE_2D, MIP_DEFAULT,
					1.0f, false, PF_A8R8G8B8, true);
			}
		}
		catch (Ogre::Exception e) // texture not loaded because it surely is not one
		{
			continue;
		}
	}

LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage(LML_NORMAL, "[PKFX] ---------- done ----------");
Last edited by insider on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky13xi
Gnoblar

Post by Lucky13xi »

Well good news is I have it working. Pretty sure it was because I building in OpenGL which I why I couldn't find the glsl files.

Anyways. Things seem to be working just fine outside of getting the error that I have no disk in the drive. Which I am pretty sure is a Visual Studio bug, but it also happens when I open the PopcornFX editor, so I dunno. Other than that I am trying to import the effects I've made into my project. It's kinda working, but they aren't looking as pretty. Not sure if I am exporting them correctly or not, but I am doing what I can.
suny2000
Halfling

Post by suny2000 »

Not sure how good of an idea it is to keep using PopcornFX, as they don't seem to be monitoring this thread, and haven't replied in a long time. I even tweeted them a few months ago asking if they were going to continue supporting OGRE and got no reply.
Yeah, it's disapointing. I emailed them about this, without any answer...
I'm thinking of getting rid of it for my engine, because if it's uncertain future, and it's a shame. It's also a shame the ogre native particle lib is so incomplete...
It's kinda working, but they aren't looking as pretty. Not sure if I am exporting them correctly or not, but I am doing what I can.
I guess the difference is that the editor particles are rendered in HDR, and there is a post-processing glow effect on top of everything, which really blend the particles together.

S.
http://bulostudio.com: website and devlog of a small indie studio working on SHMUP CREATOR
https://twitter.com/bulostudio : follow me on twitter!
HHVFx
Gnoblar

Post by HHVFx »

Hi guys,

sorry not to have replied to all your posts earlier, but basically, we did not get the chance in the last few months to properly keep the Ogre plugin up to date.
Also, our ogre guy that did the initial port has gone since a year or so, so this doesn't help either.

However, popcorn is far from dead, and we're pretty busy working with various AAA studios worldwide, and preparing GDC (where we have a booth btw, if any of you are coming this year, you can drop by booth #2035, we'll be happy to talk with you :))
All this, in addition to the collaboration with allegorithmics on (the awesome) substance painter http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-painter (particle painting powered by popcorn), means that we've unfortunately had to put aside the Ogre-popcorn integration.

Also, the last Ogre plugin won't work correctly with the latest versions of the popcorn editor (plugin is 1.5.3, and 1.5.5 is going to be released at GDC)
We can't really give you a real ETA on when an updated plugin will be available, but we don't forget you :)

Also, suny2000, can't remember your email, perhaps it got lost somewhere, but we usually reply to non-spam mails ^^

about the rendering differences between the editor and what you get in ogre, it usually comes from two main places:
- gamma (editor uses gamma-correct pipe)
- HDR rendering & glow, like you mentioned
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

HHVFx wrote: We can't really give you a real ETA on when an updated plugin will be available, but we don't forget you :)
Welcome back HHFX Team and Kudos for considering to continue Ogre support. :D
HeadClot
Gnoblar

Post by HeadClot »

Hey HellHeaven / PopcornFX,

What is the license for the PopcornFX tool?

What would it take to get it up to snuff with the latest version of ogre?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot
araccun
Kobold

Post by araccun »

I got two errors:
1st:
couldnt find procedure ??0MateiralPtr@Ogre@@QAE@ABV91@@Z in libary Plugin_PopcornFX_v1-9-0_r.dll
2nd:
OGRE EXCPETION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic libary .\Plugin_PopcornFX_v1-9-0_r
couldnt find DynLib::load at \OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 109)
Im using 1.9 32 bit ogre sdk, Visual studio 2012. I setup resources and plugins cfg files, copied .dll file and media folder next to my .exe file.
HHVFx
Gnoblar

Post by HHVFx »

Hi,

HeadClot, the Ogre plugin is free.
We are currently unable to support it actively, for the next update, we'll probably open a new thread but we can't give you any ETA.
Please let us know your interest and wished version(s) support, it will help with prioritizing.
araccun
Kobold

Post by araccun »

Ogre 1.9, Visual Studio 2012 would be great, I am currently working on music visualization application and I need particles engine badly, thanks in advance.
nickG
Greenskin

Post by nickG »

any update?
hydexon
Gremlin

Post by hydexon »

Unfortunately is dead (the OGRE Plugin ver.). They preferred to put their efforts to Unity and UE4 instead.